Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Saxon General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2009, 11:37 AM

The special edition will be bloody massive with loads of great stuff. The standard edition will also be great... but much smaller.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:41 AM

Interesting point about DVDs vs CDs... you need to devote time to watch a DVD and most people watch them once a year, if that, I reckon. We're thinking of doing a "radio" version of the doc also as a download to play in the car etc... what do you think?
Old 12-16-2009, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhead View Post
Interesting point about DVDs vs CDs... you need to devote time to watch a DVD and most people watch them once a year, if that, I reckon. We're thinking of doing a "radio" version of the doc also as a download to play in the car etc... what do you think?
It could be interesting, but I don't think it's a sufficient way to solve the main problem. I don't know how many out there would like to drive hearing Graham Oliver's voice talking about the band! I suggest you to do it just if doesn't mean spending more money and time. For instance, you could sell it just through the band official site, in order not to pay fees to other site such as Itunes.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:45 PM

Maybe put Mp3 files of the concerts on the DVD,so people can transfer the music to cd and play in the car etc,maybe an added insentive for people to get the dvd.Just a thought.

Last edited by midnightrider; 12-16-2009 at 06:41 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to Live to rock 747

The radio doc is quite a cool idea, As for the dvd im really looking forward to it, rather then it just being a concert dvd and thats it were getting all the interview stuff and whatever else thats going to be on there. which i guess is what you get with a doc.

Is there any chance yet of getting a chapter run down on everything thats going to be on the dvd from the main menu, right down to the sub menus, or is it to earlly for that yet.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhead View Post
Hi all of you,
Thanks for your comments - it's all useful.
You'll have quite a wait if you're looking to buy it in the shops - we're not going to be looking for a distribution deal until after the release of this edition. And this special edition won't be available in the shops - it will be a much smaller package with less content.
Thanks again and carry on spreading the word!
Back to the edit suite tomorrow!
Cheers,
Coolhead
-Coolhead.

I am a Massive Saxon Fan, however, Im not going to buy the film untill it has been released. (nothing personal, I just like to be careful with my money). I will then most likey buy it from somewhere like HMV. Buying online isn't always an option. However, is there any chance you could reserve some of these 5000 Special DVDs to be released in the shops as a 'Limited edition' at the same time as you release the standed version, as i really don't want to miss out on all the extras.

Thanks!!

Last edited by Highway Star; 12-19-2009 at 07:51 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:11 AM

I was going to pre-order but then realised things were delayed and kinda forgot about it. In the grand scheme of things (bills, groceries, mortgage etc) dvd's tend to be low on the list of priorities as money is tight.

Having said that, I have every intention of purchasing it so hopefully if i have anything to spare this week having done the xmas shopping, I will do so.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to Live to rock 747

Hi coolhead, Might be a bit late asking now but did ya manage to get any footage of saxon, think it was on the denim and leather tour, when biff was above the stage on the bike. ?

And is the dvd still on for a march 1st release ?
Old 02-08-2010, 10:09 PM

Hi,
No, haven't been able to track that footage down... We've got less than a week to go so if you can point me in the right direction we may be able to get it...
We're still on track for March 1st... just. It's going to be tight...
Coolhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live to rock 747 View Post
Hi coolhead, Might be a bit late asking now but did ya manage to get any footage of saxon, think it was on the denim and leather tour, when biff was above the stage on the bike. ?

And is the dvd still on for a march 1st release ?
Old 02-09-2010, 12:53 PM

I'm gonna order it once I get my first salary; got a new job this month after being on the dole for almost a year. Seems a good way to celebrate.