Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Saxon General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2009, 07:02 PM
Banned

Default Will Saxon come to the USA in November as promised !!!

No offense to the band or management. This always happens to us American fans. We here Biff say Saxon is going to put together a package and come to the USA around November and do a full tour across the states. Then they will have visa problems or a host of other things prevent this tour.

I haven't seen Saxon since the Unleash The Beast tour in 1998 I believe. That's 11 years. We are as true blue fans as anyone and it hurts knowing Saxon does two tours a year in Germany and England, while we can't get Biff and the boy's here once. Now they may have come here in between that time, but the distance to cover to get there makes it so hard. 2000 miles trip is nothing. It's just not feasible for most of us.

You know by not getting to go to RGW in a week to see Saxon, which the whole fest is cancelled really sucks. 8 months on a forum at RGW, which is shut down now, getting ready, making plans, talking up Saxon, hoping yourself to find a way there. It all culminates in many getting no refunds, and disappointments.

Biff any solid info on any US tour would be nice to hear. (((Make sure you come to Columbus or Cincinnati Ohio in the tour))). Forget Cleveland. The Newport in Columbus is your best place to have one. Get me and other close by Saxon forum members involved with posters to hang. We will get such a big crowd for you guys.

What can I say. I am Saxon's biggest fan !!!!!
Old 08-10-2009, 08:23 PM

Marty my friend, I am with you 100% here.....Saxon NEEDS to do a full U.S. tour and hit the markets that are always mentioned by other forum members (Detroit, Minneapolis, Seattle....).

I'm still extremely p!ssed off about Rock Gone Wild....seeing Saxon was going to be the highlight of the summer for me. The only thing that can make up for it is a Minneapolis show!
Old 08-10-2009, 08:23 PM

Yea MARTYWALKER, I'm up here in Detroit and just dying for a date here in the "D" or Ohio or Chicago, I can drive to those....
Old 08-11-2009, 12:21 AM

Hey Marty Walker....just like mnSaxonfan and riley23...I as well
would love to see Saxon tour the entire United States!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've NEVER seen Saxon live and would love to,so I also am
hoping that they will consider a full U.S. tour!!!!!!!!!!!

I really think it would be cool to see a HEADLINING Saxon
tour,but if we can't get that....I would like to see someone
like "Motorhead" take Saxon on a tour with them.....

I know we would rather see a full set headlining Saxon show but I
would be happy to see them open up for a classic established
band like opening up for Motorhead,Judas Priest or someone
like that......it would be better than nothing in my opinion.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyWalker View Post
No offense to the band or management. This always happens to us American fans. We here Biff say Saxon is going to put together a package and come to the USA around November and do a full tour across the states. Then they will have visa problems or a host of other things prevent this tour.

I haven't seen Saxon since the Unleash The Beast tour in 1998 I believe. That's 11 years. We are as true blue fans as anyone and it hurts knowing Saxon does two tours a year in Germany and England, while we can't get Biff and the boy's here once. Now they may have come here in between that time, but the distance to cover to get there makes it so hard. 2000 miles trip is nothing. It's just not feasible for most of us.

You know by not getting to go to RGW in a week to see Saxon, which the whole fest is cancelled really sucks. 8 months on a forum at RGW, which is shut down now, getting ready, making plans, talking up Saxon, hoping yourself to find a way there. It all culminates in many getting no refunds, and disappointments.

Biff any solid info on any US tour would be nice to hear. (((Make sure you come to Columbus or Cincinnati Ohio in the tour))). Forget Cleveland. The Newport in Columbus is your best place to have one. Get me and other close by Saxon forum members involved with posters to hang. We will get such a big crowd for you guys.

What can I say. I am Saxon's biggest fan !!!!!
Did Biff promise a tour in November,I don't remember?Could you find which interview and post a link,just curious.I wouldn't think would make such a promise though.thanks

Last edited by saxonfan; 08-13-2009 at 06:47 AM.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:32 AM

Marty and all,

I echo your sentiments re. a US tour but come on guys lets give the band a break. Biff and the band have made it clear they want to do shows in the USA.

This year alone they have proved that by flying in to do one show in Oklahoma, and they will be doing that again in a few weeks now Rock gone Wild is no more, by just doing the San Antonio show. To me that shows their commitment. (Not forgetting the other shows in the US earlier in the year)

Yes they tour twice a year in Europe, but remember markets like Germany have stayed with them through thick and thin (I'm not having a dig at the US fans saying this either as I know given the opportunity you guys would have supported them as well) - Germany though stayed with them even when the UK frankly deserted them. Europe and the UK are obviously also easier logistically, border controls, and obviously distance. And don't forget much as the guys clearly love doing this - it is a JOB, at the end of the day they do it to put food on the table for their families.

In the last two years the bands profile and touring schedules have improved dramatically, they have played Japan for the first time in years and Australia for the first time EVER! And to be fair they have played their biggest UK tour in over a decade as well.

With regards Visa's these are in place you know that??? I don't know how long they last for though??? But what I will say and have said before despite the "SPECIAL RELATIONSHIP" (George Bush's words not mine) between the UK and USA there is still masses of Red tape to go through in getting visas.

Finally and then I will leave you all in peace. The band don't make the bookings for tours - THE BOOKING AGENTS DO.

For you all I truly hope the US dates materialise.

Take care, be patient - and LIVE TO ROCK !

THEY WERE BORN TO ROCK AND ROLL
Old 08-11-2009, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingers View Post
Marty and all,

I echo your sentiments re. a US tour but come on guys lets give the band a break. Biff and the band have made it clear they want to do shows in the USA.

This year alone they have proved that by flying in to do one show in Oklahoma, and they will be doing that again in a few weeks now Rock gone Wild is no more, by just doing the San Antonio show. To me that shows their commitment. (Not forgetting the other shows in the US earlier in the year)

Yes they tour twice a year in Europe, but remember markets like Germany have stayed with them through thick and thin (I'm not having a dig at the US fans saying this either as I know given the opportunity you guys would have supported them as well) - Germany though stayed with them even when the UK frankly deserted them. Europe and the UK are obviously also easier logistically, border controls, and obviously distance. And don't forget much as the guys clearly love doing this - it is a JOB, at the end of the day they do it to put food on the table for their families.

In the last two years the bands profile and touring schedules have improved dramatically, they have played Japan for the first time in years and Australia for the first time EVER! And to be fair they have played their biggest UK tour in over a decade as well.

With regards Visa's these are in place you know that??? I don't know how long they last for though??? But what I will say and have said before despite the "SPECIAL RELATIONSHIP" (George Bush's words not mine) between the UK and USA there is still masses of Red tape to go through in getting visas.

Finally and then I will leave you all in peace. The band don't make the bookings for tours - THE BOOKING AGENTS DO.

For you all I truly hope the US dates materialise.

Take care, be patient - and LIVE TO ROCK !
Very well said Fingers....
Old 08-12-2009, 05:39 AM

I've gotta add my 2 cents worth on the smatter seeing I'm a Saxon fan from the US as well.

I can understand what you are saying Marty and you start off my saying "no offense to band or management" but truth be told..and I'm not saying you aren't a hardcore fan and you admit as much and that's great...Saxon just played NYC not too long ago and granted you really can't cal lit a tour persay but it would have been cool if you and others hopped a plane and flew over for the show. I know you said it's been 11 years and that would be enough for me to travel from here in the NY/NJ area out to your area if that was the only show they were playing ya know?

I know that the band would LOVE to tour the states but the previous few tours they had to cancel, they had legitimate reasons be it visa issues and the other time was when Biff's house burnt down in France which is more then understandable.

The band was never really big at all here in the states even in their heyday and let's face it...when I saw them the last time on Long Island shortly after 9/11 there wasn't many people and that's sad but they rocked out either way to their credit, they played L'Amour's in Brooklyn a year or so before that and there wasn't many people there either but it's clear that they don't make much money over here and they are doing it because they love to travel and play live here in the states so for me...if Biff says they want to or will? I have to take him at his word.

I'm sure the band would love to do a full on tour of the states and we the fans would welcome it so hopefully they do but if they don't happen to "headline?" I'd hope that they'd hook on with a bigger band and play the #2 slot and play as long as they possibly can

I do know that if they're playing anywhere close to here? I'll be there \m/
Old 08-12-2009, 02:00 PM

I'm sure if they opened up for Motorhead just those 2 bands
should sell out in the states...no?
Old 08-12-2009, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D.DIAMOND View Post
I'm sure if they opened up for Motorhead just those 2 bands
should sell out in the states...no?
I agree, would have been a great tour for both, shame it did not happen for whatever reason....I think people would much rather have seen Saxon w/ them then Rev. Horton Heat and Nashville Pussy...in the UK they have The Damned and Girlschool, 2 of my favs!!

Tags
saxon general, tour in usa deja vu