Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Saxon General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2007, 05:02 PM

Default I reckon it's time to do this!

I just finished watching Biff's latest podcast, and I really appreciate Biff saying thanks again to all of us crazy Saxonheads.
So I thought i open up this thread - following Lionheart747's thread of today - to say THANK YOU!!! to all members of Saxon, including crew, etc. for the good times they've given us over the years and the mind-boggling tour they are just out on.
So thank you, thank you, thank you Saxon, keep on rockin', you are the freakin' best!

"We're stronger than ever,
cause forever we're bound."

Go ahead peeps and join me in showing some special appreciation for the band, make this the longest thread ever or something crazy like that.

Fabs

Last edited by Fabs; 05-21-2007 at 05:04 PM.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:05 AM

Default Thang Q!

Yeah! A BIG thank you to SAXON for being one of the few bands out there true to their roots and for sticking around to give us quality music THIS millenia, just like they did LAST millenia!

2007 should go down in the history books as a golden year for SAXON!
Old 05-22-2007, 06:29 AM

The podcasts are great. All bands should do this kind of stuff.

Great to be here on the Saxon forums. Cheers to everybody at london astoria last week. what a show!
Old 05-22-2007, 12:22 PM

Indeedy - definitely the way forward I guess.
Just have to learn how to actually do a podcast!
Old 05-26-2007, 03:05 AM

Default time for saxon to open for another great band

I think it's time for saxon to open for another great band in some big venues -in the uk and usa like judas priest , there seems to be a lot of requests for saxon to open for judas priest on their website, that would be a great show, or ac/dc and saxon, anybody got some suggestions -maybe it could happen then.
Old 05-26-2007, 06:22 AM

AC/DC would certainly be the bigger draw, in Canada, at least. Problem is, they haven't really done a whole lot of late unless I'm missing something. The last time Priest played Toronto, Slayer opened for them - quite the odd crowd.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:31 AM

if you had asked me six months ago whether saxon should open for a " bigger " band then i would have probably agreed with you , but 2 things have made me change my mind
firstly the inner sanctum tour ...... this has to go down as one of the best tours saxon have ever done , the sound ,setlist ,crowd , venues ..everything was absolutley spot on ( i wondered where they would fit attila the hun into the set and they came up trumps yet again ,i mean to put it at the start of a seven song encore was a masterstroke )
and secondly it was someone from this forum who im sure you will have seen at many a saxon gig saxon mckenzie ( good luck today mate against dunfermline ) and he said " i would rather see saxon playing to 1000 saxon fans at rock city than 10000 fans who arnt into saxon " and i agree with him
opening for priest ac/dc etc may give the band bigger exposure but to who?
if you are into these bands then you will have been exposed to saxon before anyway , maybe it might jog peoples memories but i think it wouldnt acheive much ..... i think saxon are on the up and that is down to all the hard work the band , management (and i have critised them in the past)road crew , sound engineers ,and people at spv have put in ,
lastly i would just like to thank
Saxon for another excellent album and tour
the nottingham saxon male choir ( you know who you are ... raise your glasses high )
goss for this tours champagne moment ( stop taking headbanging too literally mate) mark sammi dave .. have a quiet word in his ear ...lol
and this forum met some great people on tour see you all soon hopefully
Old 05-26-2007, 11:08 PM

I have pretty much got to agree with everything Tim said. What would be the point of Saxon opening up for a major band in the UK? All the metalheads know Saxon are still around, but for whatever reason choose not to come along to see them. F**k knows why, 15 for a two hour blistering top notch set, who else delivers like that for that price? Who else delivers like that for any price for that matter!

As has already been said, I'd rather see Saxon play a 2 hour set to a 1000 SAXON FANS, rather than a 45 minute 1980's set to 10,000 people who pretty much couldn't give a toss. As for people from the Judas Priest website wanting Saxon to open up for them again. Well, last time that happened most of those f*****s didn't bother turning up to see the Saxon set anyway!

There might be a case for Saxon opening up for a big band in USA/Canada, because Saxon's exposure over there isn't good. So a good support slot might be good for them. But as for Saxon doing a support in this country, forget it!

www.last.fm/user/Paxoman
Old 05-26-2007, 11:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to Conway Send a message via MSN to Conway Send a message via Skype™ to Conway

I would also love to say thanks to SAXON for the great podcast, great stuff on them lol i like the glassgow podcast were Biff couldnt get the camera to stop hahaha, awww hes soo kool.

Saxon would be great to open an AC/DC concert, they could be in luck AC/DC are hoping to release thier new double album nxt january and theres to be a World tour with it also, and including a DVD in September.....ok im gona stop braggin bout AC/DC.

Again Thanks SAXON you really kick ass in Belfast and i hope you come to us again
Old 05-27-2007, 02:45 AM

a saxon performance on each of the following shows would be of some use- later with jools holland, friday night with johnathan ross, and the vh1 studio , i know ac/dc and judas priest played for vh1,seen it on youtube.