Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Saxon General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2007, 03:55 AM

Default some good ideas on this tread...

Idealy i think Saxon would benefit from a festival slot in this country. i think Biff feels this as he dedicated " The Bands play on" to all the british festivals that their not playing this year. How many people can see Saxon live ( intentionally or not) without thinking wow these guys are f--king awesome!
And for this reason i think Saxon would benefit greatly if they supported Maiden over here,as a great deal of Maiden,s not so younger fans haven't even heard of Saxon- its true, I've spoke to many, and its a bit like being into Elvis and having no idea who Little Richard or Buddy Hollie are...
And Saxon owe Maiden the favour...

1979 Nutz
Saxon
Maiden
Great gig apparently..

Still, It is a good time for Saxon...They seem to be enjoying themselves again,their hungry and are receiving good crowds even over here. Their image now is better than ever, and they've had a run of seriously good albums. selfishly I'm pleased to be able to see them in smaller venues as its more up close and personal- yet like most Saxon fans I feel that's it's an injustice......
Old 05-27-2007, 04:27 AM

saxon would definitely get a lot of new fans if they could get on some big festivals - the reason they are not playing at download i think is that iron maiden don't want them on the bill, saxon supported maiden in the usa 1983 and 1984 ,but in 84 saxon were going down better than maiden so saxon were ejected from the tour - so i can't see it happening in the uk with maiden, but i would like to see it.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:07 PM

Send a message via MSN to Rickardsomfan

Thanks to Saxon for all your great music!
And thanks for really taking care of your fans unlike most other bands.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxoman View Post
As for people from the Judas Priest website wanting Saxon to open up for them again. Well, last time that happened most of those f*****s didn't bother turning up to see the Saxon set anyway!
Remember it well mate, 20 of us (although we didn't know each other then) leaping like loonies and a half empty Brixton behind us !

I fully agree with you and Tim, a UK support slot would be a waste of time, however stateside it would work, and finally a decent slot at a MAJOR UK festival would be worthwhile, now...... cough what did HG say on stage at Sheffield

THEY WERE BORN TO ROCK AND ROLL
Old 05-30-2007, 05:59 AM

Oddly enough, Scorpions are on a mini tour of Central Canada (on their way home from Mexico) at the end of August. They just announced a show for Toronto (got my tickets yesterday ) but no support act as yet. One can only dream... Be a nice fit, though.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:07 PM

Default One thing I mentioned to a few on here.............

Is you can judge a bands success or current upward trend by virtue of bootleg merchandise being sold outside venues. Now my memory may be playing tricks on me (or I'm wearing those Saxon tinted specs again) but I can't recall seeing bootleg merch outside any Saxon shows for years.........

THEY WERE BORN TO ROCK AND ROLL
Old 05-30-2007, 06:03 PM

I would like to thank Saxon for a great rock crusade and long may it continue.

I was into fairly rocky music as a kid without knowing or acknowledging the fact. Beatles, Wings, Shadows, Glam Rock etc.
Then in 1977 I was introduced to an AC/DC album called “Let There Be Rock” after a listen or two I was hooked and then realised that it was always the rockier songs that I enjoyed best of the bands that I had always been into.

I was weekly reader of sounds newspaper and grew to be hungry for information on various rock bands. I knew of Saxon but was struggling to actually hear them. Then, whilst painting a fence, I was listening to the radio (Radio 1 I think, but it could have been Luxemberg 208) and I heard a track that I thought was the Sex Pistols (crap Radio) but it sounded better. I turned the Radio up to be enlightened that it was a track from a “new“ band called Saxon (the track was “Big Teaser”).

I ordered the album, which was yet to be released, from my local record store and the rest, as they say, is history.

About this time I went to see Iron Maiden with Paul Dianno, I was hooked as this music was the life for me. Motorhead announced their Bomber tour. Now Motorhead had a big bad reputation and I was only a kid, (Maiden were a small band at this time, I think their ticket cost £ 2.20) and I was not planning to see Motorhead, until I found out that Saxon were supporting them.
I got me a ticket and saw Saxon for the first time. I reckoned Saxon were better than Motorhead although I may have been in the minority at that time.

I have seen Saxon almost every year since, sometimes more than once a year. Never been to a bad gig although they sometimes take a track or two to fire on all cylinders.
Many thanks to Biff and all the band members. I have loved almost every minute of it. Rock on and on and on.
Cheers,
XRWoody
Old 05-30-2007, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingers View Post
Is you can judge a bands success or current upward trend by virtue of bootleg merchandise being sold outside venues. Now my memory may be playing tricks on me (or I'm wearing those Saxon tinted specs again) but I can't recall seeing bootleg merch outside any Saxon shows for years.........
Outside the astoria they were selling mountains of bootleg saxon merch!
Old 05-30-2007, 08:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to Conway Send a message via MSN to Conway Send a message via Skype™ to Conway

Biff dedicated "And the bands played on" till us in Blefast to all the Rock festivals we dont have

i wish we did have a rock festival instead of traveling to Slane or Dublin like !!!
Old 05-30-2007, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingers View Post
Your right mate. It's a funny thing to say, but the fact that Saxon are now being bootlegged on the merchandise front is (strangely!) a good sign!

www.last.fm/user/Paxoman