Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > News / Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 04:20 PM
Administrator

Default SAXON "Sacrifice" - D2C PRE-ORDER has started!!

Attention all Saxon fans, the wait is over. The limited edition "Sacrifice" D2C fan package can be pre-ordered NOW!

Saxon

WITH A storming new stomp in their boots and a renewed, lithe swagger to their legendary sound, Saxon will release Sacrifice, in March 2013 through UDR.

On this, their 20th album, Saxon have produced 10 of their strongest, heaviest and most inspired songs for many-a-year, recorded and produced by Biff Byford with Andy Sneap mixing and mastering.

LIMITED EDITION - D2C:

For collectors and fans there will be a strictly limited „Direct-To-Consumer Fan Edition“ of Saxon`s new studio album.

Packaged inside a black cardboard box embossed with the Saxon Logo are the following specialities:

• the CD Album „Sacrifice“ Digibook Edition (including the Bonus Disc with 5 classic tracks in new versions)
• exclusive Saxon Live - CD „Live In Haarlem“ with 14 Live Tracks, recorded live at the Patronaat in Haarlem, December 08th, 2012
exclusive limited Saxon - Hooded Sweatshirt, selectable in 4 different sizes (M, L, XL, XXL)

AND: 15 Meet & Greet - Package are randomly added to the Boxed Packages, which will allow the lucky winner to experience:

free entrance to a Saxon Concert in 2013 (excluding festival appearances)
experience soundcheck before the actual concert begins
• a Meet & Greet opportunity with Saxon
• a photograph together with the band
• a signed autograph card

This fan-package is limited to 500 units worldwide and it is only available at the UDR Shop and Digital Stores.

Grab your copy and pre order now!

More...
Old 02-23-2013, 04:15 AM

any word on the new shirts being up for sale in the web shop?
Old 02-23-2013, 10:53 AM

Send a message via MSN to Nick_the_VII_Saxon

ordered mine!

nick_saxon@hotmail.fr
Old 02-24-2013, 01:02 AM

Ordered my standard limited edition too, missed out on the deluxe one, had a busy week with work. Pricing seemed strange, advertised price 69,90 euro but when I got to payment it was 58,74 euro. Checking my order on UDR noticed it was exactly the same price I paid for the Wacken boxset. Not complaining about getting it a little cheaper. We'll see what happens.

Its gonna be funny on the upcoming UK tour when we all turn up wearing the same new hoodie! Can't wait! lol
Old 02-24-2013, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkster View Post
... but when I got to payment it was 58,74 euro...
it's the price without VAT and shipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkster View Post
Its gonna be funny on the upcoming UK tour when we all turn up wearing the same new hoodie! Can't wait! lol
Hopefully i will recognize you.

Last edited by northernlady; 02-24-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksteve View Post
any word on the new shirts being up for sale in the web shop?
The hoody design is exclusive for the D2C and limited to 500 pieces.

Kai
Old 02-25-2013, 12:49 AM

I just tried to order the Standard 2DC but can't get it to work.

One browser basically seems to do nothing at all and the other let's me order it but I can get no further than the final total screen, there is no option to go any further (???).

I have tried emailing UDR for assistance but would like to ask here, does anyone know if the charge for "12,26 VAT Mwst." is supposed to apply to people ordering from outside Europe? I am in the USA but am still getting charged this tax at the last screen that I can get to so far in the order process.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipkid View Post
I just tried to order the Standard 2DC but can't get it to work.

One browser basically seems to do nothing at all and the other let's me order it but I can get no further than the final total screen, there is no option to go any further (???).

I have tried emailing UDR for assistance but would like to ask here, does anyone know if the charge for "12,26 VAT Mwst." is supposed to apply to people ordering from outside Europe? I am in the USA but am still getting charged this tax at the last screen that I can get to so far in the order process.
Just wanted to say that someone from UDR got back to me (amazingly quickly - plus on a SUNDAY!) and straightened out my order - the VAT charge should not be there; that is the good news. The bad news is that the shipping rate in my original invoice was incorrect - was not set for USA I guess - and the corrected charge is about $50 instead of around $10!!!!! Hmmm. Might not spring for this after all, unless there is a cheaper shipping option to the USA.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:03 AM

Welcome from Texas to the Saxon forum. I've been seeing more Americans joining lately. I feel your pain about ordering. I missed out on the deluxe fan pack because of problems on their site. The order site simultaneously sucks and blows ( for us in the USA anyway ). Email Susanne Swillus at office@udr-music.com . She has been very helpful to me placing my orders.

I'm sure the band is just as frustrated as us fans. Keep the faith as Biff says.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipkid View Post
Just wanted to say that someone from UDR got back to me (amazingly quickly - plus on a SUNDAY!) and straightened out my order - the VAT charge should not be there; that is the good news. The bad news is that the shipping rate in my original invoice was incorrect - was not set for USA I guess - and the corrected charge is about $50 instead of around $10!!!!! Hmmm. Might not spring for this after all, unless there is a cheaper shipping option to the USA.

Yes, they are quick to respond. Unfortunately the shipping charges are fucking insane (not UDRs fault). Until Saxon is a bigger in the US and has a US seller we'll have to pay those crazy shipping fees.