Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Saxon General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_the_VII_Saxon View Post
oh you're journalist? Reviewer interviewer?
Hi Nick,
I do both and will do some live reviews this year as well, hopefully including Saxon at Nottingham if my Webmaster can get me a pass. I've only been doing it since last September, a friend suggested I would be perfect to do it as I'm stuck at home a lot and have been listening to this music for over 30 years and so far people seem to be liking my reviews which is fantastic. It's all unpaid (apart from the loads of free albums of course, which is great). I love doing it, great fun. Music is my life so it's perfect for me.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:35 PM

Send a message via MSN to Nick_the_VII_Saxon

ok great well you're the one for Saxon interviews then 'coz 30 years strong arm fan just can write bloody hot reviews!

Hope you get more personal info (necessary not too private) if you're lucky interviewing Misty Paul Quinnine

Hope we'd have a beer or more if you're going to Leeds gig?

Keep on!

Nick

nick_saxon@hotmail.fr
Old 02-09-2013, 06:19 PM

I think i must have read now 6 or 7 reviews maybe more ive lost count on saxons sacrifice album, all very good reviews, very posotive. Still counting down the days untill i get my copy.
Old 12-01-2013, 02:39 AM

Default Sacrifice

I got the newest Saxon~Sacrifice the day it was released in the US. Of course, bein a bit old, ahum, school, I bought the 2 picture disc vinyl edition.

To say I was dis-appointed would be an understatement. Now wait before ya string me up by the short and curlys, let me explain. Saxon is, by far, my favorite all time metal band. Always were, always will be. Sacrifice is an exceptional album, as is every new record they come out with. What Im pissed about is the sound quality of the picture disc.

Bif and Company, this is a terrfic, outstanding, best new Saxon record in your history( til the next one), but for someone like me, who has in excess of $20,000 invested in stereo, I must have excellent sound quality for such an incredible body of work. (Saxon never ceases to amaze me).

The Sound is so bad, I had to go and buy the CD version. Fellas, I have close to 5000 vinyl records, I am not a huge fan of CD but I had no choice. Is there by chance, anyway way to do a re-issue on 180gr, black or colored vinyl, just not a picture disc. The Picture Disc look stunning but sound like shit. I have plans on getting 4 Vinyl picture frames, buying another copy of Sacrifice on pic disc and displaying all 4 sides.

Just today, I received the new Saxon~Unplugged and Strung Up. Oh yeah, its on 180gr black vinyl. To say that the sound quality is stunning would be an understatement. Guys, simply brilliant. Just finished side 3. Got to close this up for now so I can get into side 4.

Thanks for letting me rant. SAXON-Forever!!
Music Angel-YC800MK Tube Amp,Carver C-1 Preamp,S*A*M Aldebaran Turntable, Jolida JD9 Phono Stage,ZYX Ultimate100 MC Cartridge,DBX 1231 PRO EQ,DBX-120X-DS,DBX-3BX DS,SIM Moon D100 DAC,LG-550 Blue Ray Region Free,Klipsch Modified Lascalas "Loud,Proud,Clean & Mean"