Thread: 48 hours...
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 10:00 PM

Default 48 hours...

In 48 hours I will be at Saxon's show at Jaxx in Springfield, VA. And in 72 hours I'll be at their show at Baltimore Soundstage in Charm City! I feel like I'm dreaming, it's so surreal! There isn't a word in any language to describe my excitement. I'm 21, so I fall on the younger end of the fan spectrum. Saxon captured me at first listen with Heavy Metal Thunder, discovering them about 5 years ago through reading about Stratovarius drummer Jorg Michael's playing with them on the Lionheart album.

I always joke that I was born in the wrong time. I fell in love with rock 'n roll when I was 9 years old through the likes of The Who, Zeppelin, ZZ Top and Lynyrd Skynrd. A year later on my 10th birthday, my cousin played Iron Maiden's "Wasted Years" and that was it for me. I never looked back, I had found my favorite band of all time and the genre of music that moved me in a way unlike anything else. Seeing Iron Maiden live was the most amazing moment of my life. I'm not even kidding! They had changed my life over the course of a 2 hour concert.

I feel very much the same way about seeing Saxon. They seethe with the spirit of rock 'n roll and pretty much embody the NWOBHM movement. I have a feeling my life is going to changed again this Friday and Saturday!

I just feel bad for my neck and eardrums...

The guys seem very humble and fan friendly even after 30+ years. I would be thrilled to meet them and grab a picture. Any tips (or names I should drop? haha) for getting a handshake or a picture or a chance to share a pint?