Official Saxon Forum

Official Saxon Forum (http://forum.saxon747.com/index.php)
-   Saxon General (http://forum.saxon747.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Heavy Metal religion (http://forum.saxon747.com/showthread.php?t=3854)

MetalMind 07-21-2010 01:29 PM

Heavy Metal religion

I have red that on January 18, 2010 Byford was launching a campaign to have Britons declare heavy metal as their religion in the United Kingdom Census 2011. Would you support him?

Instead sayind simply yes, I will quote Dream Evil (The Book of Heavy Metal song):
"In life I have no religion besides the Heavy Metal Gods"

Sir Lionheart 07-21-2010 01:59 PM

I would support it, but there's been plans announced to scrap the UK cencus in the future, whether or not that includes the 2011 cencus I don't remember but it has been planned.

lionessheart 07-21-2010 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMind (Post 30840)
I have red that on January 18, 2010 Byford was launching a campaign to have Britons declare heavy metal as their religion in the United Kingdom Census 2011. Would you support him?

Instead sayind simply yes, I will quote Dream Evil (The Book of Heavy Metal song):
"In life I have no religion besides the Heavy Metal Gods"

Too right. At least we won't fly planes into buildings or blow up commuters.

I can't see the powers that be allowing though. It might upset the muslims.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Lionheart (Post 30841)
I would support it, but there's been plans announced to scrap the UK cencus in the future, whether or not that includes the 2011 cencus I don't remember but it has been planned.

Quite right to, What a waste of bloody money the census is. "How many toilets have you got?" "Have you got a mummy and a daddy, 2 daddies or 2 mummies?" and other bullshit.

Nightfaery 07-21-2010 08:03 PM

There's already been a topic on this, but my general viewpoint on this is this is a bad idea, what was Biff thinking, heavy metal is a music choice and style not a religion, religion is an organised means of worship which means it could go horribly wrong because heavy metal is owt but organised, yadda yadda yadda....

Nightfaery 07-21-2010 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lionessheart (Post 30844)
Too right. At least we won't fly planes into buildings or blow up commuters.

I can't see the powers that be allowing though. It might upset the muslims.

*sigh* Please leave that kinda talk out of this.

The fact is Muslims or anyone don't get offended at the drop of the hat it's the media making up BS. They made up BS over the World Cup England shirt row.

Fingers 07-22-2010 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfaery (Post 30847)
*sigh* Please leave that kinda talk out of this.

The fact is Muslims or anyone don't get offended at the drop of the hat it's the media making up BS. They made up BS over the World Cup England shirt row.

Well said Nightfaery this is a Saxon forum - religion plays no part! :mad: