Official Saxon Forum

Official Saxon Forum (http://forum.saxon747.com/index.php)
-   Saxon General (http://forum.saxon747.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Songs You'd Like Saxon To Cover (http://forum.saxon747.com/showthread.php?t=7756)

PunkTexas 06-04-2020 01:16 PM

Songs You'd Like Saxon To Cover

Just wondering what songs you think Saxon should cover.

john dee 09-22-2020 07:16 PM

I'd like to hear the band do a cover of Chris de Burgh's "Don't Pay The Ferryman". Domain did a decent version of it a few years ago, but I think Saxon could make a great rock song out of it.

PunkTexas 10-16-2020 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john dee (Post 57719)
I'd like to hear the band do a cover of Chris de Burgh's "Don't Pay The Ferryman". Domain did a decent version of it a few years ago, but I think Saxon could make a great rock song out of it.

Yes, I can hear Biff singing "Don't Fear The Ferryman". Great comment and suggestion. On a side note... almost 2000 people have viewed this thread and you're the only one that has the balls to post a reply. Respect to you my fellow Saxon fan.

mnsaxonfan 12-16-2020 02:40 PM

Well, not sure if any of you ideas were included, but now we have a full album of Cover songs coming out from Saxon :)

Husky 12-20-2020 10:34 AM

Yesss,a full album of covers a Album Biff with his son AND a new SAXON album,as I undrrstand Biff in the interwiev at Metal Voive on Friday :D:cool:

Emperor 12-22-2020 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkTexas (Post 57722)
Yes, I can hear Biff singing "Don't Fear The Ferryman". Great comment and suggestion. On a side note... almost 2000 people have viewed this thread and you're the only one that has the balls to post a reply. Respect to you my fellow Saxon fan.

I don't know a particular song, but I'd suggest Saxon do something of Wishbone Ash (Yes, Biff did Throw Down Your Sword on his solo album).
Some Uriah Heep-song, Praying Mantis-songs, A Rolling Stones-song called Hold On To Your Hat; it's pretty heavy and than Saxon makes it even a bit heavier.. Helter Skelter of The Beatles; it's been covered by other bands, but maybe Saxon can do it with a twist..
No No No of Deep Purple, Shoot To Thrill by AC/DC. I read on Blabbermouth that Saxon has a contract for another (cover?) album and Biff like to include Runnin' With The Devil by Van Halen and make it a very heavy Black Sabbath- like version.
I can hear them doing 2 Minutes To Midnight of Iron Maiden as well.
Delivering The Goods of Judas Priest.. :D

Emperor 12-22-2020 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emperor (Post 57729)
I don't know a particular song, but I'd suggest Saxon do something of Wishbone Ash (Yes, Biff did Throw Down Your Sword on his solo album).
Some Uriah Heep-song, Praying Mantis-songs, A Rolling Stones-song called Hold On To Your Hat; it's pretty heavy and than Saxon makes it even a bit heavier.. Helter Skelter of The Beatles; it's been covered by other bands, but maybe Saxon can do it with a twist..
No No No of Deep Purple, Shoot To Thrill by AC/DC. I read on Blabbermouth that Saxon has a contract for another (cover?) album and Biff like to include Runnin' With The Devil by Van Halen and make it a very heavy Black Sabbath- like version.
I can hear them doing 2 Minutes To Midnight of Iron Maiden as well.
Delivering The Goods of Judas Priest.. :D

Here some more: Black Sabbath: Hole In The Sky. Kiss: Larger Than Life. Accept: Neon Nights. Motorhead: Dead Men Tell No Tales. Rush: Something For Nothing. Triumph: Hooked On You. Dio: Gypsy. Prince: Let's Go Crazy. Rainbow: Do You Close Your Eyes?

PunkTexas 01-11-2021 04:32 AM

Thoughts on some of the covers album songs.

STONE FREE

Graham Oliver must have soiled himself finding out Saxon is covering a Hendrix song.

THE ROCKER

One of my favorite Thin Lizzy songs.

HOLD THE LINE

This is my preferred type covers. Out of left field with a wide open range for interpretation possibilities.

SEE MY FRIENDS

A song about homosexuality?

I really like the possibilities that are available with this list. Thanks for not coving anything obvious like Iron Maiden/Judas Priest.

never surrender 01-13-2021 04:01 AM

Slade song

Great i cant wait to hear the covers album, so saxon will do another one sometime i see ,How about Slade cum on feel the noise , mama weer all crazee now i know theyve been done before but with the saxon treatment i think they would also be amazing.

midnightrider 01-14-2021 09:59 PM

Elvis Costello's Pump it up