Official Saxon Forum

Official Saxon Forum (http://forum.saxon747.com/index.php)
-   Saxon General (http://forum.saxon747.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Glasgow - Saturday (http://forum.saxon747.com/showthread.php?t=333)

Fingers 05-15-2007 10:42 AM

Glasgow - Saturday

Mad Dan / Princess,

What's the plan for Saturday where are we raising hell and from what time ?

Saxon Chick 05-15-2007 12:37 PM

Just in case Princess or Dan don't get chance to reply, Fingers - I think I know where that 'Solid Rock' place is that Princess goes to...well, I know where it is in relation to the hotel we stayed in last time we were in Glasgow anyway, and I don't think it's too far from where we are staying :)

Fingers 05-15-2007 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saxon Chick (Post 3665)
Just in case Princess or Dan don't get chance to reply, Fingers - I think I know where that 'Solid Rock' place is that Princess goes to...well, I know where it is in relation to the hotel we stayed in last time we were in Glasgow anyway, and I don't think it's too far from where we are staying :)

Nice one Sammi :D

ScottishEagle 05-16-2007 07:23 PM

Solid Rock Cafe

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saxon Chick (Post 3665)

The Solid Rock's at the bottom end of Hope Street - opposite Central Station. Good choice of meeting place

Never Surrender

Saxon Chick 05-16-2007 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottishEagle (Post 3730)
The Solid Rock's at the bottom end of Hope Street - opposite Central Station. Good choice of meeting place

Never Surrender

Ah right...it is the one I'm thinking of then :)

Princess of the Night747 05-17-2007 10:03 AM

Hi folks - CANNY WAIT for Saturday - trying to keep very calm but every time I think about the concert I feel sick with excitement. Anyhooo I've won 2 tickets to see Meatloaf on the Friday night, so this is helping me stop thinking about Saxon for a little while!!!!

Me and wee Al will be in the Solid Rock at about 5.15pm, we are meeting Janet and a couple of her pals in there but I haven't heard yet what time she's come through at, but me and Al will definitely be in Solid at the back of 5. I love the Solid and it plays great music, the only thing is that its a bit loud if you're trying to have a chat with a few people at the one time. We could meet in there if youse like or there's another pub Nice & Sleazy which is right across from the venue and thats pretty good. The Solid is a good 10/15 minute walk/stagger to the Garage. I suppose we could have one or two in Solid and then head up to a pub nearer the Garage, or even just go straight into the bar in the Garage, that might be a good idea COS WE MUST ALL GET RIGHT DOON THE FRONT!!!!!

Whose all coming to Glesgae then - Sammi, Pax, Goss and Fingers - anyone else??? Will be brill to meet youse all at alst.

Princess of the Night747 05-17-2007 01:36 PM

Any good looking single males coming with you Sammi:D

Fingers 05-17-2007 07:35 PM

Looking forward to it Princess, Goss and I arrive around 2pm so we will try and remain reasonably sober to meet you !

ScottishEagle 05-17-2007 08:19 PM

Don't want to put anyone on a downer for the gig but be aware that the Garage has a strict 10pm curfew for bands so we'll not get the full Saxon set (the main act comes on at 8.30 so only get an hour and a half)

At least Saxon only have one support band - WASP had two and, as a result, only got an hour for themselves!!

Just so everyone knows in advance and don't blame the band for short changing the fans - it is outwith their control

Princess of the Night747 05-17-2007 08:23 PM

Yeah I forgot to mention that everyone gets kicked out at 10pm - we will all just need to head back down to the Solid for some more cocktails!!!