Official Saxon Forum

Official Saxon Forum (http://forum.saxon747.com/index.php)
-   Smalltalk & Spam (http://forum.saxon747.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   New Iron Maiden album (http://forum.saxon747.com/showthread.php?t=3643)

Highway Star 03-05-2010 07:15 PM

New Iron Maiden album - The Final Frontier

The new Maiden album will be called 'The Final Frontier'. There will also be a north america tour. :)

www.classicrockmagazine.co.uk

can't wait!

J-Hawke 03-05-2010 08:33 PM

It is about time too, 4 years since the last album

midnightrider 03-06-2010 10:59 AM

hopefully they wont play the whole poxy thing live,like the last album:(

thebigredone 03-07-2010 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highway Star (Post 28831)
The new Maiden album will be called 'The Final Frontier'. There will also be a north america tour. :)

www.classicrockmagazine.co.uk

can't wait!

...and 1 (one) miserable UK date. Thanks a bunch chaps.

lionessheart 03-07-2010 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebigredone (Post 28857)

My thoughts as well. Only one on the SBIT tour as well:(

By the title track it is likely that this is their last studio album.

I imagine that they will do a farewell tour next year. Let's hope we get more than one bloody gig

J-Hawke 03-07-2010 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lionessheart (Post 28863)
My thoughts as well. Only one on the SBIT tour as well:(

By the title track it is likely that this is their last studio album.

I imagine that they will do a farewell tour next year. Let's hope we get more than one bloody gig

It certainly seems that way - I hope it isn't

mnsaxonfan 03-07-2010 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebigredone (Post 28857)

I would guess that they'll do more UK shows when they do the full tour in support of the album. The dates announced so far don't constitute the tour in support of the album. I'd guess there'll be a massive "The Final Frontier" tour in 2011......

J.D.DIAMOND 03-09-2010 12:51 AM

http://i45.tinypic.com/2e5ijoo.jpg
Quote:

Originally Posted by mnsaxonfan (Post 28869)
I would guess that they'll do more UK shows when they do the full tour in support of the album. The dates announced so far don't constitute the tour in support of the album. I'd guess there'll be a massive "The Final Frontier" tour in 2011......

I know the "music" is the "important thing here" but that picture/creature thing thats on the album cover so far doesn't look anything like Eddie AT ALL,maybe there is more to the artwork when the entire picture is revealed but if that is going to be the album cover,then it would be the worst Iron Maiden album cover of all time.

I HATE that picture for an Iron Maiden album cover,it may be cool for another band like Exciter or somebody but its anything but Iron Maidenish and it SUCKS. I have a strong feeling the music on this record is terrible too,but we'll have to wait and see,I'm surely not holding my breath.I'm not thrilled about the title either "The Final Frontier" sounds like a Star Trek title.

I think Iron Maiden's music from 1986 till now(24 years) is "overrated" I don't think the music is as good as people make it out to be,they act as if these albums and songs are just as good as Iron Maiden's first 5 studio albums(Iron Maiden debut 1980 - Powersllave -1984)and to me and many others it isn't. In my opinion Iron Maiden is the 2nd most overrated heavy metal band in history with Metallica being #1.

RockUFOrever 03-09-2010 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.D.DIAMOND (Post 28880)
http://i45.tinypic.com/2e5ijoo.jpg

I know the "music" is the "important thing here" but that picture/creature thing thats on the album cover so far doesn't look anything like Eddie AT ALL,maybe there is more to the artwork when the entire picture is revealed but if that is going to be the album cover,then it would be the worst Iron Maiden album cover of all time.

I HATE that picture for an Iron Maiden album cover,it may be cool for another band like Exciter or somebody but its anything but Iron Maidenish and it SUCKS. I have a strong feeling the music on this record is terrible too,but we'll have to wait and see,I'm surely not holding my breath.I'm not thrilled about the title either "The Final Frontier" sounds like a Star Trek title.

I think Iron Maiden's music from 1986 till now(24 years) is "overrated" I don't think the music is as good as people make it out to be,they act as if these albums and songs are just as good as Iron Maiden's first 5 studio albums(Iron Maiden debut 1980 - Powersllave -1984)and to me and many others it isn't. In my opinion Iron Maiden is the 2nd most overrated heavy metal band in history with Metallica being #1.

I kinda agree with you.When I bought FOTD I did not like it and thats the reason I did not Buy X Factor, tried one more time with Virtual and that was even worse.

When Brave New World came out I gave them another shot and I thought some of it was good,but nothing like the past albums.I haven't bought an album of there's since.

Seen Maiden from there first Killers tour in the US to the Somewhere in Time tour,then basically kinda lost interest in them after that because of what I said above.I did see the BNW tour though and the show was good.

J.D.DIAMOND 03-10-2010 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockUFOrever (Post 28884)
I kinda agree with you.When I bought FOTD I did not like it and thats the reason I did not Buy X Factor, tried one more time with Virtual and that was even worse.

When Brave New World came out I gave them another shot and I thought some of it was good,but nothing like the past albums.I haven't bought an album of there's since.

Seen Maiden from there first Killers tour in the US to the Somewhere in Time tour,then basically kinda lost interest in them after that because of what I said above.I did see the BNW tour though and the show was good.

I agree,but even I still have to realize that its all "opinions" wich doesn't make my opinion the correct one as if it is fact,but its kinda split in two...half the people I notice think these new Iron Maiden albums are equal to albums such as The Number Of The Beast,Piece Of Mind and Powerslave and the other half think they are half-assed albums where half the stuff is "good" and half of it is shit.

I just can't hear what these "fanboys" as I call them hear in these new Iron Maiden albums,I do like some of it like Brave new World has 5 songs that are quality songs although not as good as 80's Iron Maiden but still good and the other half sucks big time and is horrible.

The Dance Of Death album 2003 is all lame,I don't even like one song off it wich is rare for me....not even one! The 2006 album A Matter Of Life And Death I actually enjoy except for those lame freaking songs they made videos out of "Different World" and "Benjamin Bragg" they are horrible and boring,poor song writting with those.

Yet everybody makes it out to be like old Maiden when to me its not.Same goes with Metallica,the same sinerio...except I hate ALL Shitallica after Master Of Puppets,all of it sucks all the way up to now and every album they continue to put out will suck,there is no hope for "Shitallica'.

I'm really hoping that this new Maiden album will be thier LAST! Saxon kicks Iron Maiden's ass so far up between thier shoulders its not even funny. Hail Saxon!!!!!!