Official Saxon Forum

Official Saxon Forum (http://forum.saxon747.com/index.php)
-   Smalltalk & Spam (http://forum.saxon747.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   K.K.DOWNING of Judas Priest "retires". (http://forum.saxon747.com/showthread.php?t=4400)

J.D.DIAMOND 04-20-2011 12:14 PM

K.K.DOWNING of Judas Priest "retires".

I'm shocked and saddened to say that K.K. Downing has officially retired from Judas Priest. He will not be touring with the band and he will not be a part of the next and last studio album due out next year with Judas Priest.

Nobody knows what has happened,we don't know if he is ill,sick or is not getting along with the band members...its all speculation. My "guess" which is a guess not fact,is that he wanted to do another album like Nostradamus beings that album was his baby,and his creation/monument and when it didn't take off at all he may of just thrown in the towel.

I don't know,its just a guess. The band has replaced him with a 31 year old guitarist to tour with and possibly may be on the new(and last) studio album. Lets just be thankfull that Saxon is going strong and flying the flag for heavy metal because this is it for the Priest.

Saxon_747 04-20-2011 03:14 PM

Didn't see this one coming:eek: .

Hope K.K is not ill or any shit like that. Beacuse there was nothing mentioned in his latest blog on steel mill, and that came 2 weeks ago. There he wrote about upcoming tour and that kind of stuff.

Schämsz 04-20-2011 03:14 PM

what should i say :o

Yaroslav 04-20-2011 03:44 PM

Hope it is 1st april joke :) Difficult to belive if that really so
And hope that the band and fans respect him many time more and more

Sir Lionheart 04-20-2011 07:30 PM

Such a shame, and 'Shame' is an understatement. K.K. was a key part of Priest alongside Glenn, he's a great player and a Metal icon, but I suppose the prospect of this being the bands last tour might have overwhelmed him. You can pick flaws with Priest all you like over these last few years, but this is a real blow to dedicated Metal and Priest fans, and the band won't be the same without him.

Rik 04-20-2011 08:01 PM

Since he's a founder member of the band which started back in the late 60s I think, and when you think what they must have been through together in all that time, it would seem strange at this stage of the game, that he'd let fans down on their final tour if it were only person personal differences within the band?

Maybe he was going to leave before hand and never intended to go on another tour. Anyone else got tickets for this tour?

Dirkster 04-20-2011 09:41 PM

Big surprise and disappointment, planing to see Priest in July, wont be quite the same without him.

saxonthegreat 04-21-2011 02:03 AM

well thats a big shock for sure, we can guess all we like i suppose , i hope kk's not ill though, and fans will only know what the truth is if anyone from priest is able to tell and that is entirely up to them, it will bug fans for years though. it couldnt be priest without kk, i say good luck and all the best and thatnks for the great metal through the years.

Bosnian Witchfinder 04-21-2011 11:53 AM

Does anyone else think its a bit strange, that someone whos been in one of the all time biggest metal bands for 40 years just gets a couple of sentences in a press release to see him off? Maybe they ended on bad terms, because somethings not right if such a long career ends in just a press release

J.D.DIAMOND 04-21-2011 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosnian Witchfinder (Post 35058)
Does anyone else think its a bit strange, that someone whos been in one of the all time biggest metal bands for 40 years just gets a couple of sentences in a press release to see him off? Maybe they ended on bad terms, because somethings not right if such a long career ends in just a press release

I'm telling ya I'm sold that its K.K. who wanted to do another Nostradamus type of an album and Glenn Ian and Rob wanted to a traditional "metal" album,not a watered down opera album. I'll find out where but there are sources that say K.K. was not happy with the direction of the band's future and how it was headed....