Official Saxon Forum

Official Saxon Forum (http://forum.saxon747.com/index.php)
-   Saxon General (http://forum.saxon747.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Saxon - Heavy Metal Thunder - The Movie (http://forum.saxon747.com/showthread.php?t=3212)

matteo 09-09-2009 05:55 PM

hello all

a question: will there be some early 1980's concerts on the dvd? i mean not after 1983? because from the best of my knowledge, there is not so much video material of that era except for a speciale for the german tv (beat rock club 1980) and the live 1983 vhs. When they say that the limited edition will included at least two never seen live concerts what do they mean? because if the never seen concert are from the last 15 years it is not so interesting...well at least i hope they'll include the beat rock club gig which is a chanche to see the classic line-up in action

Coolhead 09-09-2009 08:37 PM

Hi Matteo,
We're hoping to secure some very early footage of the band in action ('79 I think) and we're actively searching for more archive footage.
We might be asking for help with this soon, but in the meantime, if any of you have encyclopaedic knowledge of Saxon footage, let me know.
Cheers,
Coolhead

Quote:

Originally Posted by matteo (Post 25363)
hello all

a question: will there be some early 1980's concerts on the dvd? i mean not after 1983? because from the best of my knowledge, there is not so much video material of that era except for a speciale for the german tv (beat rock club 1980) and the live 1983 vhs. When they say that the limited edition will included at least two never seen live concerts what do they mean? because if the never seen concert are from the last 15 years it is not so interesting...well at least i hope they'll include the beat rock club gig which is a chanche to see the classic line-up in action

Nightfaery 09-09-2009 09:09 PM

Oooh Saxon at Monsters of Rock would be awesome!

innuendo 09-09-2009 10:07 PM

it would be nice if this concert from '82 would be included

http://www.dimeadozen.org//torrents-....php?id=264249

for those of you who aren't on dime here is info

SAXON
1982-05-28
Westfahlenhalle, Dortmund, Germany

Intro
Dallas 1 PM
And The Band Played On
Strong Arm Of The Law
747 (Strangers Jn The Night)
Denim and Leather
Fire in the Sky /
Machine Gun

Here some additional info:
TV Show: “RockPop In Concert”
Recording Date: 28 May 1982
Broadcast Date: 10 July 1982
Venue: Westfalenhalle
Source: Pro-Shot, German TV Channel “ZDF”

i downloaded it! very nice picture and audio quality, it would be great to have it officially released on HMT movie dvd with even better picture and sound quality even if it's not very long. download it if you can!

Jayson73 09-09-2009 10:29 PM

I'd like to see the 'Dogs Of War' promo video added to the DVD

midnightrider 09-10-2009 09:39 AM

released 9th Nov according to planet rock.

matteo 09-10-2009 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolhead (Post 25367)
Hi Matteo,
We're hoping to secure some very early footage of the band in action ('79 I think) and we're actively searching for more archive footage.
We might be asking for help with this soon, but in the meantime, if any of you have encyclopaedic knowledge of Saxon footage, let me know.
Cheers,
Coolhead

thanks for the info!!!

no unfortunately i have not any encyclopaedic knowledge :-)! the 1983 gig which i referred was the one included in the official Saxon live vhs, while the 1980 gig was a tv special for german tv in which they played in a TV studio for almost an hour. A 79 gig will be great!!!!
just another question: how long will the limited edition be available?

Coolhead 09-10-2009 10:31 PM

Hi,
The main documentary is still being edited (and parts of it are still yet to be filmed!). We're carefully editing it to make sure it works well as a story and has a good pace to keep viewers interested - even non-Saxon fans.
It's pretty big so far and it's very engaging. After all, Saxon have a great story to tell.
I'm guessing it will probably be around the same length as the Ian Gillan documentary ('Highway Star'), which was almost 2-and-a-half hours. Most people who watched that were surprised it was so long as it only felt like an hour to them. Watch it and you'll see what I mean.
The contents of the non-special editions haven't yet been decided. We might make the documentary shorter, we might not add the selection of mini-docs we've filmed, we might not include any full-length concerts. What we have decided, however, is that the special edition will have it all, however many discs it takes to fit it all on.
Cheers,
Coolhead

Quote:

Originally Posted by matteo (Post 25392)
thanks for the info!!!

no unfortunately i have not any encyclopaedic knowledge :-)! the 1983 gig which i referred was the one included in the official Saxon live vhs, while the 1980 gig was a tv special for german tv in which they played in a TV studio for almost an hour. A 79 gig will be great!!!!
just another question: how long will the limited edition be available?

Coolhead 09-10-2009 10:33 PM

It's not november 9th!

!!!! Planet Rock got it wrong. I don't know where they got the 9th from. At the moment we're working towards getting the special edition to those who've preordered by the end of November (fingers crossed). No further dates for a general release etc have yet to be decided.
Cheers,
Coolhead

Quote:

Originally Posted by midnightrider (Post 25385)
released 9th Nov according to planet rock.

Coolhead 09-10-2009 10:40 PM

Subtitles

Hi,
We would like, if possible, to have a selection of different language subtitles on the DVD. It largely depends on the cost. One fan particularly asked about English subtitles... well, that shouldn't present too many problems. It will be particularly useful for those of you who stayed down the front for Motorhead's set during their recent tour with Saxon... As Ian Gillan described it... it was a bit like having a 747 strapped to each ear!
Cheers,
Coolhead

Live to rock 747 09-11-2009 01:12 AM

Not 100 per cent on this one, But there was a saxon concert at the hammersmith odean in the 80s think it might of been bout 86 but not sure,

I was never released on vid or dvd, i heard EMI have a copy of this, The only clip i have seen of this concert was on a tv programme that i think was called the top ten british heavy metal bands. The clip thay showed from this concert was 747 strangers in the night, And biff was wearing a cap with his name on it and a bugie or something on it. The camara angles they was using on this concert footage looked well cool, Id love to see the full footage of this concert.

If anybody has a clue about this concert im on about it would be well cool to hear from you bout this.

Nightfaery 09-11-2009 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolhead (Post 25397)
Hi,
We would like, if possible, to have a selection of different language subtitles on the DVD. It largely depends on the cost. One fan particularly asked about English subtitles... well, that shouldn't present too many problems. It will be particularly useful for those of you who stayed down the front for Motorhead's set during their recent tour with Saxon... As Ian Gillan described it... it was a bit like having a 747 strapped to each ear!
Cheers,
Coolhead

*gaaaasssspppp* Does this mean you'll do it in Anglo Saxon English as well?? That would be so cool!

never surrender 09-11-2009 04:27 AM

sounds great,,,,i remember on the old forum in about 2001 someone from sweden said they knew of a good saxon show from sheffield in 1980 ,not sure if it was wheels of steel or strong arm of the law tour though,,,i'd like to see the cardiff concert from january 1983 the suzie hold on live clip on saxon live video from nottingham looks great,,,,,,and how about hammersmith 1981 and 1986 theyd be great too. emi probably got them i would have thought.

Cat of Peace 09-11-2009 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolhead (Post 25397)
Hi,
Cheers,
Coolhead

Hi, thanks for your reply. I'm satisfied with English subtitles, but the more you put, the best it is! :D

midnightrider 09-11-2009 12:23 PM

Seem to remember a gig at The Town and Country club(now forum)in the late 80's being filmed for some tv programme.Honeymoon Suite were the support band.Never got too see the footage.

Bosnian Witchfinder 09-11-2009 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midnightrider (Post 25414)
Seem to remember a gig at The Town and Country club(now forum)in the late 80's being filmed for some tv programme.Honeymoon Suite were the support band.Never got too see the footage.

is this it ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pciInWjI5bU

smashing rendition of SOS!

Joma 09-11-2009 09:31 PM

Nice idea the English subtitle.

For people who has latin languages as native, may have difficultiues to comprehend English audio but can understand English subtitles. Although it's not my case, I suppose Brasilian, Portuguese,Italian, Spanish, French fans may have problems.

Cheers!

Cat of Peace 09-12-2009 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joma (Post 25423)
For people who has latin languages as native, may have difficultiues to comprehend English audio but can understand English subtitles. Although it's not my case, I suppose Brasilian, Portuguese,Italian, Spanish, French fans may have problems.

Cheers!

That's exactly the reason I asked for English subtitles! :D
I must say it would be interesting including live footage from the Johnson/Durham period...

Nightfaery 09-13-2009 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpions (Post 25435)
I was just wondering how the SPV record comppany bankrupt is going to affect this movie?

Who`s now releasing it and will it be delyed?

Sony is taking over SPV records. I'm glad they are because I'm looking forward to the Gamma Ray album!

Nightfaery 09-13-2009 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpions (Post 25439)
^Ok, thanks for the answer:)

Sounds good that Sony is taking care for them, cos it´s big company.

I'm gonna wait and see what happens. I just don't want some big shot record company changing me favourite singers and bands or start making demands.

never surrender 09-13-2009 11:49 PM

yeah i agree with you Nightfaery, lets hope they got some sense and help saxon soar higher:).

Nightfaery 09-13-2009 11:57 PM

Just as long as they avoid the 747s it's all good! ;-)

Fingers 09-14-2009 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpions (Post 25435)
I was just wondering how the SPV record comppany bankrupt is going to affect this movie?

Who`s now releasing it and will it be delyed?

I think this is being released independently of SPV - hence the pre-order etc.

Nick_the_VII_Saxon 09-19-2009 07:23 PM

ordred mine for a while now, anyone knows about the evolution, can't wait!

Bosnian Witchfinder 09-20-2009 10:53 PM

Question for 'coolhead':

When does the pre order period end? Im a student waiting for my loan to come through, then i will order it :)

Coolhead 09-21-2009 11:19 AM

Hi there,
The special pre-order editions are limited to 5000, so it will end there. There's some way to go before we hit that. However, the chance of becoming an associate producer and getting your name in the credits has to end on the date we've got to send all of the materials away for printing and manufacturing in order to meet the November deadline. I'll be getting a date for that soon, but it won't be long - probably a couple of weeks.
Cheers,
Coolhead

Nick_the_VII_Saxon 10-01-2009 08:42 PM

since time Biff wanetd a film called HEAVY METAL THUNDER adn the CD too (album)=, I think he's glad and hope so and Paul too, the old great legendary guys! thanks for giving us so perfect product and without your strong lionheart fate in hard rock/heavy metal (progressive etc ) I think I would have lost lots of thing in life!

Bosnian Witchfinder 10-02-2009 02:36 PM

ordered mine!

Nick_the_VII_Saxon 12-17-2009 07:51 PM

5 Attachment(s)
hey there again
As was possible to answer for any suggestions, I thought it would be great so great!! to find a video archive of Saxon feat Yngwie Malmsteen - Denim And Leather on tour where Paul Quinn and Yngwie brillantly had leads all over the anthematic hard rock song! Would be great prestatuion for Saxon and guitar bands
cheers
Nick

simon 1967 12-21-2009 01:23 PM

you tube footage

type in coolhead productions into you tube, and you will find archive footage of saxon which will on the heavy metal thunder movie.

papadoc 12-21-2009 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simon 1967 (Post 27806)
type in coolhead productions into you tube, and you will find archive footage of saxon which will on the heavy metal thunder movie.

Here is the direct link from an e-mail I just received from Coolhead:

www.youtube.com/coolheadproductions

Some nice older clips there.

Fingers 12-21-2009 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papadoc (Post 27807)
Here is the direct link from an e-mail I just received from Coolhead:

www.youtube.com/coolheadproductions

Some nice older clips there.

There's some good stuff on there, had a look this morning.

XRWoody 12-22-2009 11:21 AM

I had an e mail from Coolhead as well. They asked for pictures from two gigs, which I dont have.
I do have some dodgy pics from the Mildenhall gig though :)

Jim 12-30-2009 09:34 PM

Cool! All done. Just ordered :D

midnightrider 01-24-2010 12:04 PM

Any news on a release date yet coolhead?How's progress going?

Nick_the_VII_Saxon 01-24-2010 12:55 PM

I might remember greg said they planed not to postpone more than 1st of march, so shall be finished soon

Coolhead 01-25-2010 12:00 PM

Stallions of the edit suite...

The pressure's mounting up here... The film is largely finished, the artwork's done but we're still (!) waiting on one crucial interview (pencilled in for Wednesday!) and for some of the clearances to be finalised. We should get all this cleared up this week and then it's the final furlong to the finish line!
I hope you've all booked a day off sometime in two weeks beginning March 1st...
Cheers,
Coolhead
PS - We're still looking for anyone with some good photo's of Saxon at Download 2008...

papadoc 01-25-2010 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolhead (Post 28276)
The pressure's mounting up here... The film is largely finished, the artwork's done but we're still (!) waiting on one crucial interview (pencilled in for Wednesday!) and for some of the clearances to be finalised. We should get all this cleared up this week and then it's the final furlong to the finish line!
I hope you've all booked a day off sometime in two weeks beginning March 1st...
Cheers,
Coolhead
PS - We're still looking for anyone with some good photo's of Saxon at Download 2008...

Sounds good Coolhead, looking forward to receiving my copy:)

Nick_the_VII_Saxon 01-26-2010 12:02 PM

oh dead yeah the same! saw the archive on your youtube chanel, great guitar Paul had (or have had) and can't wait to see the whole product!!

eminah 02-14-2010 02:53 AM

This is awesome!!!
It's enough just to say 'Heavy Metal Thunder' and you'll understand all..
Anyone who accepts Heavy Metal as religion?? :D