Official Saxon Forum

Official Saxon Forum (http://forum.saxon747.com/index.php)
-   Saxon General (http://forum.saxon747.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Saxon - Heavy Metal Thunder - The Movie (http://forum.saxon747.com/showthread.php?t=3212)

Fingers 07-03-2010 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legions of steel (Post 30590)
maybe youd have done better including the full set instead of putting money into dobby dawsons pocket for the dodgy old footage.

I have to say this trhead is now starting to both amuse and annoy me in equal measure.

The above is possibly part of the issue. Like it or not Dobby and Graham were part of the band, they are part of the story. To give a balanced package, I would assume to some degree putting a live concert out from the era when Graham and Dobby were involved was fairer than having the 2 shows from this era Saxon (which in my opinion is clearly the best version).

Get over it and wallow in the fact you have had a hand in making a top quality film about a band we all share a love of!

MartyWalker 07-03-2010 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolhead (Post 30588)
The St George's tracklist was chosen by the band, based on the quality of the audio and pictures. There's not a lot missing. If the full gig had been included, I'm told we would've had to go to another disc (which we couldn't afford) or compress the 2 discs to a degree which would've affected the quality.
The show from '81 is a complete (and very expensive) show.
We put everything we could into this project, filling the hole in the budget with our own funds. There are plenty of shows we could've licenced but we couldn't afford everything and, working with the band, we chose two very special shows. But I suppose you can't please everyone all of the time.
The HMV.com is the first I've heard about it. I know we were going to sell on Amazon but that was through Townsend's Amazon shop for the 25.99 price. We're not in sole control of distribution but I'll look into it.
Coolhead

I am so proud of all you've done. Thanks for a job well done !!!!!

XRWoody 07-07-2010 03:03 PM

I cant believe people are whinging about such a great product which we helped to make possible.

Wake up and smell the coffee guys !

Highway Star 07-09-2010 03:27 PM

on a slightly different topic, Has anyone got that new Classic albums: Paranoid DVD? it looks quite good... :cool:

innuendo 07-09-2010 09:43 PM

i want that dvd too, paranoid is certainly one of the best metal albums of all time and with sabbath's first self titled lp it's an album which defined metal. i saw some clips on youtube and it looks great. i watched (and own) these classic albums so far: queen a night at the opera, deep purple machine head, judas priest british steel, cream distaeli gears, hendrix electric ladyland, the who who's next and iron maiden number of the beast (that was when i didn't hate them as much as now)

Hopper2k 07-12-2010 06:28 AM

Hey guys, I haven't read many posts on here but I am under the impression I'm not the only one who hasn't had the DVD shipped yet after I preordered long ago. I live in the US and last email I got said I would recieve it by July 1st, but still, nothing. Any US fans here recieve theirs yet who preordered it?

RockUFOrever 07-12-2010 11:56 AM

I'm in the US an received mine about a month ago an pre ordered mine.

Coolhead 07-12-2010 02:12 PM

Hi Hopper,
You need to email the distributors and get them to sort it out: sales@townsend-records.co.uk. Quote them your order number etc and they'll look into it for you.
Cheers,
Coolhead

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopper2k (Post 30696)
Hey guys, I haven't read many posts on here but I am under the impression I'm not the only one who hasn't had the DVD shipped yet after I preordered long ago. I live in the US and last email I got said I would recieve it by July 1st, but still, nothing. Any US fans here recieve theirs yet who preordered it?

Hopper2k 07-12-2010 08:18 PM

Thanks guys. I will email them and cross my fingers i will get it soon and that my order wasn't one of the ones lost.

Chatdog 07-24-2010 09:40 AM

Saxon: Heavy Metal Thunder - The Movie

Just moments ago paid for 2 copies of the movie...Can't wait for delivery :) How exciting :) The friend I bought the second copy for is just as excited too...Come back to Brisbane Saxon :) I know it was a small crowd last time but I missed it as I was away working...Here's to hoping for a return to Aus :)

never surrender 07-24-2010 01:50 PM

Hope you enjoy it mate ,its a brilliant package, i reckon saxon will be back in oz pretty soon i will be flying over too:D

midnightrider 07-28-2010 11:10 PM

Good review in this months Metal Hammer.

Fingers 07-29-2010 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midnightrider (Post 31011)
Good review in this months Metal Hammer.

Did you get that free lol

lionessheart 08-20-2010 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockUFOrever (Post 30697)
I'm in the US an received mine about a month ago an pre ordered mine.

Can you understand Steve Dawson's and Graham Oliver's accents? I find difficult in parts and I'm English (from the sunny south though);)

Militia guard 08-20-2010 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lionessheart (Post 31274)
Can you understand Steve Dawson's and Graham Oliver's accents? I find difficult in parts and I'm English (from the sunny south though);)

Bloody shandy drinking southern softie!!!!

wonder how our european colleagues cope with the accent?

Perhaps there's someone sat in Barnsley wondering what Nigel Glockler is saying!!!!!!
:rolleyes:

Cat of Peace 09-05-2010 02:34 AM

I came back to Italy 5 days ago and I found my copy waiting for me at home. The first thing I did was searching for my name and it was there, standing on the black screen! Today I started watching the first DVD: although I watched just the first hour, I'm impressed. The story is obviously interesting, but I really enjoyed the editing. Also the package is really cool. Up to now I'm really satisfied with the overall quality. :-)

desape 09-05-2010 07:22 PM

Can Someone help me with the tracklist of the St. George day gig please.

Cherryhetfield 09-07-2010 07:42 PM

Lars from Metallica will feature in this dvd :)

Fingers 09-07-2010 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherryhetfield (Post 31505)

Does feature in this movie - bless ya Cherry :p

Hazel1558 09-07-2010 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherryhetfield (Post 31505)

Bless ya cotton socks :D

Shhhhhh I got the DVD ;) lol

Cherryhetfield 09-08-2010 09:57 PM

D'oh stupid cherry :p

Regardless a Metallica dude is in the DVD :D

john dee 09-11-2010 01:25 PM

"Regardless a Metallica dude is in the DVD"

Oh well, nothing's perfect!!

Cherryhetfield 09-11-2010 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john dee (Post 31581)
"Regardless a Metallica dude is in the DVD"

Oh well, nothing's perfect!!

:eek: !!!!

macsalisbee 09-20-2010 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Militia guard (Post 31275)
Bloody shandy drinking southern softie!!!!

wonder how our european colleagues cope with the accent?

Perhaps there's someone sat in Barnsley wondering what Nigel Glockler is saying!!!!!!
:rolleyes:

oh I say! these Northern chappies are so difficult to understand-they don't tawk propa:)

Rattz 09-20-2010 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macsalisbee (Post 31664)
oh I say! these Northern chappies are so difficult to understand-they don't tawk propa:)

I think he got his quote wrong - It's actually.

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/8...handydrink.jpg

Happy to help.:D

macsalisbee 09-21-2010 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rattz (Post 31665)
I think he got his quote wrong - It's actually.

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/8...handydrink.jpg

Happy to help.:D

thanks for the good wishes:)

they dropped a nuetron bomb in Stockport----4.27 worth of damage:D

addyeddy 10-10-2010 12:08 PM

'HMT' DVD Question

Hey chaps, I notice that the two disc version is up for pre order at both Play and HMV.

Is this version going to be any different to the one that's already out does anyone know?

Highway Star 10-14-2010 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by addyeddy (Post 31898)
Hey chaps, I notice that the two disc version is up for pre order at both Play and HMV.

Is this version going to be any different to the one that's already out does anyone know?

This was on amazon as well months ago, but was pulled off. I emailed CoolHead Porductions and they said they have no plans to sell the 2 disc version anywhere but the Saxon747 Website. :)

hope this helps!

RealGone 11-19-2010 08:11 PM

I may be wrong, but the way I originally understood it, the website 2DVD version would have an extended cut of the documentary + a disc of extras.

The retail version would feature a 90 minute edit of the doc.

The blurb at amazon and play.com says '60 and 90 minute edits of the documentary will be available for TV broadcast' (or something). Not sure whether that means the retail DVD will be the full two-and-a-half hour documentary or not.

If the retail version eventually *does* feature the full documentary, I'll have to change the disclaimer at the end of my original review...
(http://realgonerocks.blogspot.com/20...der-movie.html)

Would be great if someone could provide some proper info on this.

RealGone 11-21-2010 12:28 AM

Hi everyone,

I received this message from Coolhead Productions. Seems everyone can rest easy if they forked out 25 for the DVD and have any concerns at HMV/Amazon/Play selling it next year for considerably less.

Quote:

We are currently negotiating the possible licensing of a STANDARD EDITION of our film. The company involved are confident of the deal being finalised and have begun advertising on retail sites such as Play etc. The Standard Edition documentary is about an hour shorter and some of the extras are missing - it is not the same as the Special Limited Edition. I've asked for all advertising to start reflecting this, but things don't move quickly in this business.
I should mention that the Standard Edition does still contain the credits of all those associate producers who pre-ordered.
The only place to buy a Special Limited Edition is via www.saxon747.com - there are only a few left.
Hope that makes some sense.
Cheers,
Coolhead

zed1015 11-21-2010 07:58 PM

HELP!!!
I've tried to order the Special LTD edition off the website but i just get a blank page :confused:.
Any chance someone could get it for me ? and i'll paypal them the dosh or whatever.
PM me .
Thanks in advance, Rob.

AlexT 07-22-2011 08:14 PM

I bought DVD in january and still haven't recieved it, I asked about it in june and I still have no reply for 2 months. :confused: :mad:

747rick 09-08-2011 05:02 PM

This is the last post I'll make before I go away for hols but thought it was worth mentioning. I just received my new Destiny Records catalogue and in the editorial it says that after a year of postponements the Standard Release of Heavy Metal Thunder:The Movie DVD has been cancelled completely. :(

I, like others have the Special Edition, it just seems a shame that many people wont get a chance to own a copy at all. Anyone know what happened?

Nick_the_VII_Saxon 09-08-2011 09:56 PM

was meant to be a special edition
marketing thing
oh, and first havong preordered should have the guys signature on
I was in the 50 first and didn't have it
the guys on the logistics are sleepers

Rattz 09-09-2011 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 747rick (Post 39518)
This is the last post I'll make before I go away for hols but thought it was worth mentioning. I just received my new Destiny Records catalogue and in the editorial it says that after a year of postponements the Standard Release of Heavy Metal Thunder:The Movie DVD has been cancelled completely. :(

I, like others have the Special Edition, it just seems a shame that many people wont get a chance to own a copy at all. Anyone know what happened?

I think the only person who could tell you is coolhead. I'm really surprised that BBC 4 haven't picked up the rights to show it.

Disappointing.:(

MattMetallica 09-09-2011 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rattz (Post 39527)
I think the only person who could tell you is coolhead. I'm really surprised that BBC 4 haven't picked up the rights to show it.

Disappointing.:(

It would be really good for Saxon to be on BBC 4 and the doc would fit right in at the moment. I think they showed the Anvil movie not that long ago so I would hope they would show this soon.

alensteel992 09-12-2011 05:30 PM

Yesterday, I watched the movie. Oh! My! God! It's absolutely amazing. Almost three hours long movie. Great walkthrough on all albums. Finally I found out why did Oliver and Dawson left the band, and why did Nigel left band twice. Those are just two facts of the many I didn't know before I watched it. Great movie, really really great.

I hope you all watched Anvil movie. Also, great movie. But, comparing to Saxon, Anvil more described the beginnings of the band, and what's happening now... I think Saxon did it better way, every bit of their career is into the movie. I mean, you can't do a documentary of a band that exist more than 30 years and get all the facts in it, that documentary would last like 20 hours. :D But still, the most important facts are shown in the movie.

MartyWalker 09-12-2011 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alensteel992 (Post 39571)
Yesterday, I watched the movie. Oh! My! God! It's absolutely amazing. Almost three hours long movie. Great walkthrough on all albums. Finally I found out why did Oliver and Dawson left the band, and why did Nigel left band twice. Those are just two facts of the many I didn't know before I watched it. Great movie, really really great.

I hope you all watched Anvil movie. Also, great movie. But, comparing to Saxon, Anvil more described the beginnings of the band, and what's happening now... I think Saxon did it better way, every bit of their career is into the movie. I mean, you can't do a documentary of a band that exist more than 30 years and get all the facts in it, that documentary would last like 20 hours. :D But still, the most important facts are shown in the movie.

Great outlool!!

macsalisbee 09-13-2011 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alensteel992 (Post 39571)

Anvils film showed their struggles and tensions and I thought the end of the movie was heartwarming. Saxon seemed to me to keep a lot of their story to themselves-it is more of a documentary and better for it.
I was a bit surprised at the depth of feelings re Oliver/Dawson after all this time-it suggests that there was more to it than appears.

hole in the sky 09-13-2011 06:13 PM

it appears from the heavy metal thunder movie that od are sore because they are not in saxon now, but they are not there for good reasons of which all us fans dont fully know;)maybe the truth will out in future, but i hear from strong source that od wouldnt like it made public:D, also to be fair Biff ,Paul ,Nigel know all the goings on and have not let out like they could have, but time will tell if od get cocky with the tour adverts like in the past. i say to od go and do whatever you like but please dont pretend you are saxon anymore. you cant sway the true fans for sympathy.