Official Saxon Forum

Official Saxon Forum (http://forum.saxon747.com/index.php)
-   Smalltalk & Spam (http://forum.saxon747.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Whats the next gig you're going to? (http://forum.saxon747.com/showthread.php?t=3001)

papadoc 11-03-2011 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arctikdeth (Post 40672)
megadeth, motorhead, volbeat, lacuna coil chicago february.

judas priest thin lizzy!!! only 1 org member?? or what? hope its good......if i go??

I would definitely recommend seeing Thin Lizzy. Saw them in Hammersmith at the begining of the year and at High Voltage over the summer. They were great both times. Also saw Preist at HV, never been one of my favourite bands, but I quite enjoyed their show.

As for my gigs, Motörhead at Hammersmith in November, and the mighty Status Quo in Cardiff in december.

Unfortunately won't be able to make any of the Saxon gigs in December :(

midnightrider 11-03-2011 09:21 AM

Saxon - Madrid :D 13th Nov

747rick 11-03-2011 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arctikdeth (Post 40672)
judas priest thin lizzy!!! only 1 org member?? or what? hope its good......if i go??

Would certainly recommend you see Lizzy. I too saw them at High Voltage this year and they were excellent. With Brian back on drums and Darren on keyboards as well as Scott it's certainly got more of a 'Lizzy' feel than the John Sykes fronted version of the band and they play the songs much more how they were originally intended rather than the slightly more 'metal' feel that they had with Sykes. Ricky Warwick does an excellent job on vocals as well and they all geniunely seem to be having fun on stage.

As for the Megadeth/ Motorhead lineup that's a very interesting mix of bands on paper and should be a good evening as long as Motorhead have got their 'issues' sorted out and Dave gives his voice a good rest!!!

Currymonster 11-03-2011 07:14 PM

Going to see the Disintos in Madrid.....and then Saxon :D

747rick 11-04-2011 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midnightrider (Post 40681)
Saxon - Madrid :D 13th Nov

Quote:

Originally Posted by Currymonster (Post 40697)
Going to see the Disintos in Madrid.....and then Saxon :D

Quit it now, you are upsetting me :D

Arctikdeth 11-05-2011 02:12 AM

fuck... FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!! no priest thin lizzy for me its sold out & im laid off from work, asking my good friend whos going to sjoe to get me thin lizzy shirt, i know gay thing toi do, but only way to h get shirt. im ahhhnred!!!! alckpohol rules!!!

innuendo 11-06-2011 10:26 PM

i see some of you guys are gonna go and see priest, lizzy and quo... all i have to say is that i live in the wrong fucking country!

Dirkster 11-06-2011 11:38 PM

Went to see Iced Earth last night along with Fury UK & White Wizzard. Fury UK were fantastic as always, giving 110%. Iced Earth were brilliant, their new singer is awesome, great stage presence, rapport with the crowd and an amazing voice. A more than able replacement for Matt Barlow.

Fingers 11-14-2011 11:18 AM

Weds 16th November Saxonized - The Scream Lounge in Croydon

747rick 11-14-2011 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fingers (Post 40879)
Weds 16th November Saxonized - The Scream Lounge in Croydon

No political messages here please :D;)