Official Saxon Forum

Official Saxon Forum (http://forum.saxon747.com/index.php)
-   Smalltalk & Spam (http://forum.saxon747.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Whats the next gig you're going to? (http://forum.saxon747.com/showthread.php?t=3001)

Jayson73 08-26-2009 12:55 AM

Wolf, London 9th Oct
maybe Hellfest Birmingham 7thNov
Saxon, London 8th Nov
Saxon, Nottingham 9th Nov
Saxon, Leeds 10th Nov

riley23 08-26-2009 05:50 PM

I'm going to get a pizza and some brews and click on You Tube and watch my dream set list from Saxon. I have some "layoff" time coming up so this will work and is about as close as I'll get to see them live this year anyway.

And Yes, feel sorry for me.....

mnsaxonfan 08-26-2009 07:13 PM

It's official, I have my ticket for Motorhead this Friday, the 28th at First Ave in Minneapolis. This will be my first Motorhead show, looking forward to it!

Highway Star 08-26-2009 10:48 PM

THEY ARE GREAT!!!!!!!!!! take some ear plugs though...these guys are like 120-130 decibles.. :D :D

Nightfaery 08-27-2009 01:47 AM

*sigh* Well looks like Tygers have cancelled Wigan. I'm really upset at this it's been a shit week and now this. I was looking forward to this for months, the nearest gig is miles away otherwise. I knew I should have printed the fking ticket out... *cry*

Edit: Hell with it, I'm going to Clitheroe. Me mate has offered for me to ride on the back of his bike. Yay! *that wasn't a euphanism you naughty people hurhurhurhur*

Nightfaery 08-29-2009 02:54 PM

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE I got me Saxon ticket today yaaaaaaaaay! *happyhappyhappyjoyjoyjoy*

On the other hand all Tygers gigs have been postponed until January, so ehhh. Never mind they were really nice about it when they saw how upset I was.

mnsaxonfan 08-29-2009 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highway Star (Post 25083)
THEY ARE GREAT!!!!!!!!!! take some ear plugs though...these guys are like 120-130 decibles.. :D :D

I had my earplugs in for the whole show, but when they went off stage prior to the encore I decided to listen to the last 3 songs without earplugs just to really get the full experience of the power and volume of Motorhead. Oh my god, that was LOOOOUUUUUDDDD! Holy crap! Good thing I had my earplugs in the rest of the time or else I wouldn't be able to hear a thing today!

Great show, pretty standard setlist, in no particular order, and I might be missing a song or two.......
Iron Fist - this was the first song played
Stay Clean
Be My Baby
Rock Out
No Class
Metropolis
Teach You How to Sing the Blues
Another Perfect Day
I Got Mine
Love For Sale
Over the Top
In the Name of Tragedy
Just Cos You Got The Power
Going To Brazil
Killed By Death
Bomber

Encore:
Whorehouse Blues
Ace of Spades
Overkill

Next gig, after giving my ears a rest....Edguy.

Dirkster 08-29-2009 11:05 PM

Saxon, 7th Nov, Birmingham Hellfire.

Lily Allen, 18th Nov, Manchester Apollo.

(Its for my wife, she does come with me to metal gigs)

Dio, 27th Nov, Manchester Academy1.

Princess of the Night747 08-30-2009 12:14 AM

Another one to add to my list:-

DIO - 21ST NOVEMBER, CARLING ACADEMY

riley23 08-30-2009 03:48 AM

Skinny Puppy November 1st.