Official Saxon Forum

Official Saxon Forum (http://forum.saxon747.com/index.php)
-   Suggestion-Box (http://forum.saxon747.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Forum member T Shirt poll (http://forum.saxon747.com/showthread.php?t=5430)

Big Teaser 10-23-2012 01:59 PM

Forum member T Shirt poll

Here is a poll to vote for your favourite T Shirt and a big thank you to toyota

Big Teaser 10-23-2012 02:05 PM

Sorry folks T Shirts are on other thread. Told you i was thick :p

_Shadow_ 10-23-2012 02:28 PM

I've chosen the version A because I prefer those colors.

To make voting easier, here is A:

http://i45.tinypic.com/2mxfj2p.jpg

And here is B:

http://i46.tinypic.com/2pq2nu9.jpg

Big Teaser 10-23-2012 03:10 PM

Cheers Shadow for putting them on this page. :rolleyes:

Schämsz 10-23-2012 05:13 PM

A make my voting for A:cool:

spandex'd Beefheart 10-23-2012 08:50 PM

Awesome designs

I'm voting for A cos it's bigger , grander and looks very regal and official , showing instantly that it represents some sort of institution or realm ( I know I talk a lot of Bull---.) I do also like B a lot too , think it would look good on the back or on the sleeve.. Great Designs .. !

midas 10-24-2012 07:07 PM

have voted for a.b is ok but doesnt stand out enough .

lionessheart 10-24-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spandex'd Beefheart (Post 46939)
I'm voting for A cos it's bigger , grander and looks very regal and official , showing instantly that it represents some sort of institution or realm

Like us :D

_Shadow_ 10-25-2012 07:44 PM

current results show that only 11 people are interested in this shirt? :mad:

747rick 10-25-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Shadow_ (Post 46972)
current results show that only 11 people are interested in this shirt? :mad:

Yeah I was hoping for a few more as well!!

SIMON DELVE 10-25-2012 10:24 PM

Perfect

A is a perfect work of art

Husky 10-28-2012 10:54 AM

Hey boys and girls, come on an vote!

We are allowed to have 50 Shirts and ther are only 14 intersst so far.

Thats very disaoopinting.:(

_Shadow_ 10-28-2012 12:00 PM

I say that before others decide, we can go further and clearify some next steps. Like how much we pay and how and what we need to do. This part will be useful also to other guys who decide later. Also a "deadline" for this poll should be fixed, and maybe an admin can send an e-mail notification to all members about it. So no one can complain that was not informed. I say this topic concerns every member and should not be considered a SPAM. :)

Big Teaser 10-28-2012 07:51 PM

Shadow it tells you at top of page the poll will close 6th Nov at 12.01pm

Husky 10-29-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Shadow_ (Post 47013)
I say that before others decide, we can go further and clearify some next steps. Like how much we pay and how and what we need to do. This part will be useful also to other guys who decide later. Also a "deadline" for this poll should be fixed, and maybe an admin can send an e-mail notification to all members about it. So no one can complain that was not informed. I say this topic concerns every member and should not be considered a SPAM. :)

Shadow, you are right. This is no spam and may be somebody doesnīt see it on the bottom of the forum page.
Itīs a good idea to send an e-mail to all members. I can imagine there are some people who havnīt been here for some time but would be iteresseted in the T-shirt.
Unfortunately I still donīt know how to do this.

(Big Teaser you are not the only stupid one with the computer):D

Shadow, would you do this?:)

747rick 10-29-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Shadow_ (Post 47013)

I am assuming Shadow (and others) that it is Us Forummers who will have to find somewhere to print the T-shirts at a reasonable price. Obviously I don't want a really cheap option because the shirts will just fall to pieces and the print will rub off pretty quickly if we do that. What we need to do is to find some printers and then get some quotes for quality printing. As for how much we pay, well that very much depends on how many people want a shirt. The more people wanting one, the cheaper the cost for all of us!!

toyotaTRD 10-29-2012 10:22 PM

I would prefer that only one of us will have the original file and send it to the printing house. It's not that I have trust issues or anything, you know I shared my Saxon designs with everyone here. The management has given permission for only 50 pieces and I want to keep it that way so that the number will be small and thus the t-shirts will be unique but most important there will be no leaks. I don't want to see someone on ebay selling our t-shirts.

Hope you understand.

Obviously we cannot print silkscreen or vinyl (silkscreen demands a certain amount [big] of t-shirts to be affordable and vinyl cannot just be used on a design like this). So I think our best option is something like direct to garmet printing (DTG). When performed by someone who knows what he's doing and has a good printer you get very good results.

I'm not an expert, I have tried it before with a similar t-shirt I made and I was satisfied with the result. You are free to search and propose alternative methods - it is a team decision in the end.

spandex'd Beefheart 10-29-2012 10:49 PM

great t shirts.....

Shame it's only fifty, that's such a small amount ( excluding internet photos etc, what will be the chances of me ever seeing someboby else wearing one ? )

Mabey some should be stockpiled for future members.

Do you think the shirts should have the year printed on them? their could be more to follow in years to come... Anniversary prints etc.

NZ Metalhead 10-30-2012 12:48 AM

I voted for A.

MartyWalker 10-30-2012 04:10 PM

Today, Oct 30 is the first time I saw this. I told 747 Rick I needed to get back to the forum and see the happenings. Count me in on any T-shirts.

_Shadow_ 10-30-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Husky (Post 47024)
Shadow, you are right. This is no spam and may be somebody doesnīt see it on the bottom of the forum page.
Itīs a good idea to send an e-mail to all members. I can imagine there are some people who havnīt been here for some time but would be iteresseted in the T-shirt.
Unfortunately I still donīt know how to do this.

(Big Teaser you are not the only stupid one with the computer):D

Shadow, would you do this?:)

Only an administrator in Admin Control Panel has the option to send an e-mail / notification to every member. Or at least this is what I know. I was in the past administrator on some Invision Power Board forums and I had that option. Forum offered also posibiliy to set a "notification" when you log in, so each member who logs in after a while sees a "welcome message" which can be "we have a new poll, please take a look". I am not sure if this one has the same settings. So we need an admin. I was thinking that maybe "old wolves" have better things to do than spend time in front of a PC but they want also the TS. Let's ask an admin to send a notification. Each member has an e-mail linked to its user and normally those e-mails will receive it. Of course, if someone is not using anymore the e-mail used to create the forum user will not receive it. If this forum type does not have this feature, please excuse me, it was just a suggestion.

Regarding the TS, I agree that we need the best quality available, this is a collector's item. We can think also that we can put forum link with a big font on the back. Or maybe the "S" from the emblem on the sleeve. It will definitely increase "production costs" but the TS will look better. And this is all that matters.

Later edit:
Just logged in to one of my old forums I am still administrator. In IPB 2.2.2 we have in ACP in section Management->Users and Groups option Mass PM members which will send a message to each user. Normally an users receives e-mail if a personal message comes to his inbox.
Another possiblity is in Tools & Settings menu in Post Office, the option Create New E-mail. You can specify subject and some content and member ranks which will receive. I hope this helps.
Might help for this specific forum type the following link:
http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/users_send_email

Husky 11-01-2012 09:57 AM

Thanks ,Shadow for this explanation.
Will we find someone who can do this till the deadline?

Schämsz 11-01-2012 11:06 AM

any plans how we get the shirts?

Husky 11-02-2012 03:07 PM

I think we wait till the deadline and then contact the merchandise firm.
We could send a message that weīre allowed to do this (with teh word Leo sent) and ask them how they want us to go on.

We need the number and the sizes and itīs still sad that ther are not more votes.

Iīve no better idea at the moment. What do you others think how to go on?

747rick 11-03-2012 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Husky (Post 47096)
I think we wait till the deadline and then contact the merchandise firm.
We could send a message that weīre allowed to do this (with teh word Leo sent) and ask them how they want us to go on.

We need the number and the sizes and itīs still sad that ther are not more votes.

Iīve no better idea at the moment. What do you others think how to go on?

Yep, wait until the poll ends and see where we stand then get the people to give sizes. I'm not sure (I could be completely wrong) whether the merchandise firm will print them or not, or as I said before, we find our own source of printer. As long as we stick to Leo's rules and don't go over the 50, either way is good by me. I know this seems to be taking a long while, but it's better to do it sensibly and carefully rather than muck it up somewhere along the line.

PunkTexas 11-03-2012 05:26 PM

So I'll live up to the "punk" in my name and give a few more opinions and ask some questions. There are about 700 views to this thread. Does that mean 20 views are mine for the 20 times I've looked at the thread or do I count as one view?

If there are 700 unique viewers I deduce
(1.) There is very little interest in a forum shirt
or
(2.) Both desings are not liked

For me it's #2

IMO A pretty picture is not promoting the forum. I think the shirt should only have the Saxon logo , official forum member and www.saxon747.com on it with no other art work. I'm uncomfortable asking Saxon to give us free use of the Saxon logo so I propose we buy official merch. shirts (the plain one that only has the Saxon logo on it is my choice) and have "official forum member" and "www.saxon747.com" printed on them. I know nothing about shirt printing so this may not be possible. ** Is there a home "iron on" type transfer we could use? If your too cheap or on a tight budget you could iron on the forum info on an old shirt. It could be put on the front or back of a shirt. This way Saxon makes money and we get the shirt of our individual choice. The iron on transfer might be very cheap to make and ship which could drum up more interest.

PunkTexas 11-03-2012 05:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This it the "plain" t-shirt I'd put forum info. on.

samuelsaxon 11-03-2012 05:45 PM

both of them are great!

747rick 11-03-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkTexas (Post 47125)
So I'll live up to the "punk" in my name and give a few more opinions and ask some questions. There are about 700 views to this thread. Does that mean 20 views are mine for the 20 times I've looked at the thread or do I count as one view?

If there are 700 unique viewers I deduce
(1.) There is very little interest in a forum shirt
or
(2.) Both desings are not liked

For me it's #2

IMO A pretty picture is not promoting the forum. I think the shirt should only have the Saxon logo , official forum member and www.saxon747.com on it with no other art work. I'm uncomfortable asking Saxon to give us free use of the Saxon logo so I propose we buy official merch. shirts (the plain one that only has the Saxon logo on it is my choice) and have "official forum member" and "www.saxon747.com" printed on them. I know nothing about shirt printing so this may not be possible. ** Is there a home "iron on" type transfer we could use? If your too cheap or on a tight budget you could iron on the forum info on an old shirt. It could be put on the front or back of a shirt. This way Saxon makes money and we get the shirt of our individual choice. The iron on transfer might be very cheap to make and ship which could drum up more interest.

Not 700 unique viewers. Every time you come on a page it clocks up another view.

We HAVE permission from Saxon to allow us to have 50 Forum T-Shirts printed NO MORE. Saxon are not doing this to make money and neither are we. This idea was thought up by the forum members for the forum members to have a special shirt. The Band & Leo have been very gracious in allowing us to do that. So the rules are as they are. The most popular shirt of the 2 designs is the one we go with.

toyotaTRD 11-03-2012 10:31 PM

I don't have any problem adding more designs, so add PunkTexas' one to the poll too. You asked for a design, I proposed what I thought it would be nice to have on a t-shirt and that was it. I'm not Paul Gregory, I'm just an amateur wanting to help. So please feel free to propose more designs. No hard feelings PunkTexas - I wasn't offended or anything.

747rick 11-04-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toyotaTRD (Post 47138)
I don't have any problem adding more designs, so add PunkTexas' one to the poll too. You asked for a design, I proposed what I thought it would be nice to have on a t-shirt and that was it. I'm not Paul Gregory, I'm just an amateur wanting to help. So please feel free to propose more designs. No hard feelings PunkTexas - I wasn't offended or anything.

I understand what you're saying mate, it's just that you came up with the original design a LONG while ago and everyone at the time was happy. It has taken a LONG time to get to this point. If we start introducing new ideas and designs it's just going to confuse matters more and it might not ever get done!! With all due respect to Punk Texas, I'm really not very taken by the idea of just ironing on a website to a t-shirt, that wasn't the whole point of this exercise in the first place and we could have all done that by now anyway

We have been fortunate enough that Leo has said we can do 50 shirts. I think your designs are excellent and the poll is nearly finished. Can't we just stick to the original plan.

People come and go on the Forum and of course they are perfectly entitled to their own opinions about what they like or do not like, but to change what we are doing at this point when the majority appear happy with it, just seems counter-productive.

Please, anyone, do tell me to shut up if I'm talking a load of crap.

Husky 11-04-2012 10:07 AM

This is absolutely well spoken Rick and itīs what I wanted to say: letīs continue the way we wanted.:)

Fingers 11-05-2012 10:16 AM

Well said Rickardo

Kate 11-06-2012 03:00 PM

I don't mind which design although I do prefer A! lol
Either way I'd but one............. :D x

Yaroslav 11-06-2012 05:17 PM

The A design is quite well :) No question :) This design is murch more suits . The question is what is the next step. I looking forvard to get my T-Shirt.How can I pay and how can i get :)

Big Teaser 11-06-2012 08:55 PM

Well folks the poll finished with A the clear winner. Only 25 votes i guess is a bit disappointing but never mind lets find out the next step and get going. I dont know if Husky (if you are reading this and it would be alright with yourself) would like to contact Leo again and let him know how the poll went and see what his idea would be or if we need to arrange it ourselves. And a big thanks to everyone that voted and wants to make this shirt happen.

Husky 11-07-2012 08:19 AM

Big Teaser, I gagree to contact Leo again. Or should we contact the merchandise firm directliy ?
So if nobody has another idea I woll ask Leo.

Big Teaser 11-07-2012 10:31 AM

Hi Husky if you can contact merchandise firm directly that would be great as we have had permission already from Leo for 50 shirts so that would maybe be a better idea. Is everybody in agreement. Thanks Husky.

747rick 11-07-2012 10:39 AM

I think that's probably the best idea to start with

Kate 11-07-2012 11:30 AM

Sounds like a plan! :D
Have we decided on a price yet? coz I'll need 2, 1 for me and 1 for Chris. lol ;) guess I could always add it to his birthday pressies if it arrives in time!!! hee hee x