Official Saxon Forum

Official Saxon Forum (http://forum.saxon747.com/index.php)
-   Smalltalk & Spam (http://forum.saxon747.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   latest purchase (http://forum.saxon747.com/showthread.php?t=3879)

midnightrider 04-09-2013 04:36 PM

If you can get passed the god bothering lyrics Stryper are great.Not everyone's cup of tea,but i like em.

J-Hawke 04-09-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midnightrider (Post 49696)
If you can get passed the god bothering lyrics Stryper are great.Not everyone's cup of tea,but i like em.

I have got past political and demonic lyrics in the past with other music I think I can get past Stryper bothering God, I also own a lot of Johnny Cash, which the last album he did was gospel hymns (I do feel that spiritual beliefs, like politics should be private and not be in your face)

EDIT:

Nearly finished listening to Avantasia "The Mystery Of Time", to call it a rock epic is an understatement, it is brilliant, a symphony of rock and I would recommend it to anyone who loves music

Highway Star 04-10-2013 11:43 PM

Got the reissues of solid ball of rock n forever free. Good to finally have them on cd at a senisble price. Also got thin lizzys still dangerous easily as good as their wel known one

J-Hawke 04-17-2013 12:33 AM

Witchfynde - Give Em Hell

Sir Lionheart 04-17-2013 12:51 PM

Ghost - Infestissumam

Great band, a wonderful mix of the satanic elements of artists like Mercyful Fate/King Diamond with the more melodic moments of Blue Oyster Cult. Their new album is an evolution of their sound and they are an excellent band with a real focus on bringing theatrics back to Metal.

Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats - Mind Control

Another great band. They have a strong focus on more traditional Doom/Stoner Metal and have a strong Black Sabbath vibe that compliments their already well-crafted sound. They've been an underground success for the last two years, their first album now being virtually impossible to buy in physical form (For less than 100 at least), and their second album released on the Metal Blade Records label shot them into the public eye. Mind Control is another brilliant release, and now that they're making playing live more of a priority it's a great time to get into this band.

Husky 04-17-2013 01:40 PM

Avantasia - The Mystery Of Time
Gamma Ray - Master Of Confusion

J-Hawke 05-08-2013 03:04 AM

Triaxis - Rage And Retribution, been meaning to get this album ages ago to support fellow Welshmen and women in rock.

Deep Purple - What Now, Deep Purples latest (for those who have been living under a stone)

Fingers 05-08-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Hawke (Post 50131)
Triaxis - Rage And Retribution, been meaning to get this album ages ago to support fellow Welshmen and women in rock.

Great album :)

hmthunder 05-15-2013 04:16 PM

Got a few minutes ago on my desk:

- Overkill : Electric age - Flag
- Overkill : Live from Oz - Vinyl-EP, limited, No. 73 of 250
- The big teutonic 4 : Clear Vinyl-EP, limited; No. 140 of 250
(Kreator, Sodom, Destruction and Tankard are covering
one song of Iron Maiden or Motorhead each)
- Electric Wizard : Legalise Drugs & Murders - Green Vinyl-Single
- Grave Digger : The ballad of Mary - CD-Single
- Flotsam & Jetsam . Ugly noise - CD

Thats it! See ya on the road, hmthunder

SIMON DELVE 05-15-2013 04:30 PM

Tye dye

Ordered live to rock shirt a couple of week's ago ,should have that by christmas