Official Saxon Forum

Official Saxon Forum (http://forum.saxon747.com/index.php)
-   Smalltalk & Spam (http://forum.saxon747.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Whats the next gig you're going to? (http://forum.saxon747.com/showthread.php?t=3001)

spandex'd Beefheart 07-07-2011 11:29 PM

open air

The Wurzels, live at blakeney

747rick 07-17-2011 03:08 AM

Innuendo this is for you:

Just come back from 'Anthems In The Park' with Brian May & Kerry Ellis at RAFC Cranwell. Yes my back gave me lots of woe but it was worth going :)

They had added some extra Queen songs so apart from fantastic fireworks and air display from 'The Blades', Hurricane and Spitfire and others + a full set of big band and Hollywood soundtrack songs from the RAF Band we basically got 4 songs from the Anthems album, 2 solo Brian May songs which made up his guitar solo and I think 8 Queen songs all of which were performed fantastically well. Great backing band and sound. Kerry did a brilliant job of the singing and the crowd really got into it. 6,000+ audience so hopefully a success. :D

Darren 07-17-2011 06:56 AM

Lizzy Borden

innuendo 07-19-2011 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 747rick (Post 38375)
Innuendo this is for you:

Just come back from 'Anthems In The Park' with Brian May & Kerry Ellis at RAFC Cranwell. Yes my back gave me lots of woe but it was worth going :)

They had added some extra Queen songs so apart from fantastic fireworks and air display from 'The Blades', Hurricane and Spitfire and others + a full set of big band and Hollywood soundtrack songs from the RAF Band we basically got 4 songs from the Anthems album, 2 solo Brian May songs which made up his guitar solo and I think 8 Queen songs all of which were performed fantastically well. Great backing band and sound. Kerry did a brilliant job of the singing and the crowd really got into it. 6,000+ audience so hopefully a success. :D

thanks for your review 747rick. now i envy you. did you know that drummer in the band is rufus taylor, roger's son?

747rick 07-19-2011 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by innuendo (Post 38417)
thanks for your review 747rick. now i envy you. did you know that drummer in the band is rufus taylor, roger's son?

No I didn't know that, he was very good though. What was good was that all day up until about 5pm it was piddling it down with rain, but very spookily when the Hurricane and Spitfire came over we got our first bit of blue sky and the rest of the evening was clear, dry and warm. Very lucky!!

midnightrider 07-19-2011 01:16 PM

Going on hols for 3 weeks,so the next gig i will be going to will be Saxonized A Tribute to Saxon at The Horse and Barge. 2 Hours of prime time Saxon Plus Stuka Squadron,Skam#,Eddie/DC and more.Free entry,free camping.
I know quite a few forumers have already committed to coming, so what are you waiting for.Get yourselves down there for a meet up with fellow forumers,lots of loud Metal and a damn good piss up!!! What else is there to do on a bank holiday weekend.:D

AngelHorse 07-19-2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midnightrider (Post 38421)
Going on hols for 3 weeks,so the next gig i will be going to will be Saxonized A Tribute to Saxon at The Horse and Barge. 2 Hours of prime time Saxon Plus Stuka Squadron,Skam#,Eddie/DC and more.Free entry,free camping.
I know quite a few forumers have already committed to coming, so what are you waiting for.Get yourselves down there for a meet up with fellow forumers,lots of loud Metal and a damn good piss up!!! What else is there to do on a bank holiday weekend.:D

:D See ya there then! Have a great holiday!:D

macsalisbee 07-19-2011 06:22 PM

going to High Voltage at Victoria Park, East London on Sunday 24th.
Plan to see Furyon, The Treatment, Gentlemans Pistols, Michael Schenker, Black Spiders, Black Country Communion, Neurosis.
Great day watching Saxon last year

AngelHorse 07-19-2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macsalisbee (Post 38430)
going to High Voltage at Victoria Park, East London on Sunday 24th.
Plan to see Furyon, The Treatment, Gentlemans Pistols, Michael Schenker, Black Spiders, Black Country Communion, Neurosis.
Great day watching Saxon last year

I'm jealous! Have a fab time! :)

Big Teaser 07-19-2011 07:17 PM

Iron Maiden tomorrow