Official Saxon Forum

Official Saxon Forum (http://forum.saxon747.com/index.php)
-   Suggestion-Box (http://forum.saxon747.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Bootleg section? (http://forum.saxon747.com/showthread.php?t=1084)

Judas Is Rising 05-29-2008 01:18 PM

Bootleg section?

What about a bootleg section being created? I have very little sources for downloading Saxon bootlegs and rarely any that I really love. I feel a bootleg section would help a lot of us fans looking for bootlegs.

Cat of Peace 05-29-2008 11:24 PM

I think the official site of a band is not the most proper place to trade bootlegs in...

SAXONATOR 05-30-2008 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judas Is Rising (Post 11744)
I feel a bootleg section would help a lot of us fans looking for bootlegs.

i feel buying the official band stuff helps us all...

a real fan is not looking for bootlegs...

Judas Is Rising 05-30-2008 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAXONATOR (Post 11774)
i feel buying the official band stuff helps us all...

a real fan is not looking for bootlegs...

there isn't enough official stuff by any band lol. fans still like to hear audience recorded shows as well as soundboard shows uploaded on the internet.

Nick_the_VII_Saxon 05-30-2008 08:33 PM

damn
is this thing a fan or what?
bootleg Saxon? never could think of such a bloody thing!!!!!!!

Cat of Peace 05-30-2008 10:22 PM

I think Judas is a real fan, just a little bit too much...fan!!!!!! I'm sure he has got all original CDs by Saxon and if bootleg stuff were legal, he would buy it! Personally I don't like bootlegs for a lot of reason (artistical and ethical ones). The only bootleg I bought is Eighth Star by Iommi, but when it was pubblished as official album I bought it too!!!

Militia guard 05-30-2008 11:59 PM

I have to admit to owning two.
One on vinyl from Strong Arm Tour at Manchester Apollo and one on tape from Rock the Nations at Warrington Par Hall. That was a really wierd gig, the original venue was cancelled as the owner of the planned venue had been sent down, so Par Hall was set up with just a few days notice. No one knew, so only a few hundred turned up (was desperate for biff to challenge the balcony during wheels (as it was empty)

Cat of Peace 05-31-2008 12:42 AM

Everybody has got a skeleton in his closet...

Judas Is Rising 05-31-2008 09:21 AM

Haha I just HAVE to get my hands on a pro-shot Saxon 1995 full-show if there is one. After hearing the album Dogs Of War, The Eagle Has Landed Part II, and the 3 vids from Esbjerg 1995...I wish they 'd release a DVD of that tour, or at least hope there is some material of it online, nonetheless I'd buy a DVD of it if it came out.

Nick_the_VII_Saxon 05-31-2008 09:37 AM

that's a material bootleg. Cds DVDs etc...
you'll be one stay away when you will feel always hungry to see Saxon onstage, which is well better than having all the CDs

ps: fo my part, I want them all too ^^