Official Saxon Forum

Official Saxon Forum (http://forum.saxon747.com/index.php)
-   Saxon General (http://forum.saxon747.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Are you ready already for a new album. (http://forum.saxon747.com/showthread.php?t=5080)

MartyWalker 02-18-2012 04:38 PM

Are you ready already for a new album.

I kinda have two views on this and I wonder if you all feel the same. Is Saxon jumping the gun, too fast, too late, just right for a new CD. You see I still feel CTA's is still red hot and they could continue to take this awesome CD everywhere. It's only been 5 months since it came out in America and from May in Europe and the UK. Point is they still have drawing power with this great CD.

Or do you think this is setting up to be 1981 all over again with 3 fast albums. Whatever the boys are up to I hope it works and it usually does with this talented writing team. 2 or 3 quick Cd's could put them right on top where they belong again.

Either way or any way I will support this band, especially if they name one song- (((Nobody out-rocks Marty)))- or something like that. Seriously what think ye my British Brethren

J-Hawke 02-18-2012 04:44 PM

Well, in my view, if they still have many song ideas, go for it but also don't rush it, I rather wait till they are in 70s and release something incredibly awesome than see a release date before the year is half way through and releasing a "St. Anger"

Currymonster 02-18-2012 05:21 PM

I guess the quality of this next album will be the ultimate judge of is it too soon
If its to the same high quality as CTA then it ain't too soon IMHO BUT if it isn't then it was too soon, but somehow I think Saxon these days with this present line up will never produce crap

747rick 02-18-2012 05:28 PM

Hi again Marty

If they've only just started back in the studio with ideas then I cannot see a new album appearing before late 2012 at the very earliest, more likely to be early 2013. If that's the case then it would be almost 2 years between studio albums (in the UK at least) which is not too different from what they have done over the last few years.

Dogs of War 1995
Unleash 1997
Metalhead 1999
Killing Ground 2001
Lionheart 2004
Sanctum 2007
Labyrinth 2009
Call To Arms 2011

Where there has been a slightly longer gap we have always had new product Eagle Part II, Heavy Metal Thunder, Chronicles DVD, Eagle Part III, etc. Now we've got Eagles over Wacken to look forward to.

I think there were a few distribution issues with the last album which resulted in the delay in it being released in the USA but they are pretty much on track with the usual timescale.

Lets face it they've never sat back and rested have they. Even in the 'quiet years' they put out quality albums regularly which is one of the reasons I love them so much :D

salemzorro 02-18-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 747rick (Post 42614)
If they've only just started back in the studio with ideas then I cannot see a new album appearing before late 2012 at the very earliest, more likely to be early 2013. If that's the case then it would be almost 2 years between studio albums (in the UK at least) which is not too different from what they have done over the last few years.

I would imagine the release date of the album will be heavily influenced by how much they tour this year. Like you, I can't see a new album in the very near future, I think your dates look about right.

saxonthegreat 02-19-2012 03:09 AM

Good points Marty, i reckon 747Rick is about right though, yeah i cant wait for the new dvd set , dont forget saxon are also planning the orchestral stuff too so exciting times for us, and i think Biff said on That Metal Show saxon will go back to USA to push call to arms later this year, i will be booking tickets ;)

midnightrider 02-19-2012 11:06 AM

Nigel has said on his facebook page that a jan 2013 release date is exspected,but this is subject to change.Also no St George's day gig this year.:(

Big Teaser 02-19-2012 11:14 AM

Dont think we will see new album till 2013 and with the dvd coming out, to me they are just making sure they are keeping people like ourselves happy :D with another quality release.

Live to rock 747 02-19-2012 11:20 AM

New material is allways a plus, Cant wait.

J.D.DIAMOND 02-22-2012 09:32 AM

Oh god start recording NOW! Yeah don't wait,as was mentioned it will be 2013 by the time tis really out anyways,2 years from Call To Arms.

I know how great of a record Call To Arms is but they need to record as much and as often as possible. Look at the fucking lazy Judas Priest band.

They only have 2 freaking albums out since Rob came back in 2004 and one of them sucks big balls "Nostradamus". So

I'm thrilled Saxon are not letting this happen to them.Different subject but oh that Priest pisses me off big time.