Official Saxon Forum

Official Saxon Forum (http://forum.saxon747.com/index.php)
-   Smalltalk & Spam (http://forum.saxon747.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Brit Awards nomination 2010... (http://forum.saxon747.com/showthread.php?t=3580)

J-Hawke 01-18-2010 07:50 PM

Brit Awards nomination 2010...

... and they are all crap!

No Rock this year...

lionessheart 01-18-2010 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Hawke (Post 28143)

No Rock this year...

God. Most of them are complete crap. How about that nomination for the best act of the past 30 years?

BROS? GIRLS ALOUD? SPICE GIRLS? There are a couple of good things there, but the vast majority are complete crud

I WON'T be watching.

BRITs Performance of Past 30 Years

Bee Gees Stayin’ Alive/How Deep is Your Love (1997)

Bros I Owe you Nothing (1989)

Coldplay Clocks (2003)

Eurythmics & Stevie Wonder Angel (1999)

Girls Aloud The Promise (2009)

Kanye West Gold Digger (2006)

Kylie Minogue Can’t Get You Out of my Head (2002)

Michael Jackson Earth Song (1996)

Paul McCartney Live & Let Die (2008)

Pet Shop Boys Go West (1994)

Robbie Williams & Tom Jones The Full Monty Medley (1998)

Scissor Sisters Take Your Mama (2005)

Spice Girls Wannabe/Who Do You Think You Are (1997)

Take That Beatles Medley - I Wanna Hold Your Hand/Hard Day’s Night/ She Loves Me (1994)

The Who Who Are You (1988

J-Hawke 01-18-2010 10:20 PM

I make no secret I like lots of different music genres (started off with NWOBHM) but the past Britt Awards 30 years list does take the biscuit

Cannot stand Girls Aloud, Kanye West (a big pillock), Michael Jackson (I realise that he is dead, but MTV and the media in general has done his music to death as well as his life), Spice Girls (Got girls in my school thinking they are better than me because of a certain power, and I use to fancy baby spice when I was in school) and Take That (Who makes me think that God made man to create nuclear weapons because of Take That)

Past 30 years list should have gone to the genuine oldies of the different music genres that still go strong, it is sad that we live in a undiverse age where manufactured pop stars make it big because of one world from king tw@t Simon Cowal himself and that only "Urban" and "Indie" gets airtime on radio, I do sometimes switch to the music channels that play crappy music for a short while to remind myself why Rock And Roll is King

Hazel1558 01-19-2010 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Hawke (Post 28143)

No Rock this year...

You will be waiting a long time for rock to get a mention let alone an award, its manufactured s**t.

I never follow award ceremonys its always fixed, you will find an artist/band ends up with the award and they haven't done anything to deserve it. Maybe one good album but yet artists/bands that do deserve it always miss out. And the people who decide isn't the public, its usually crtitics and people who no sweet fa about music.

riley23 01-24-2010 12:55 AM

I gave up even looking at or paying any attention to these type of award shows, who actually care and why do they need an award anyway. Playing live in front of people should be enough.

Dirkster 01-24-2010 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riley23 (Post 28236)
I gave up even looking at or paying any attention to these type of award shows, who actually care and why do they need an award anyway. Playing live in front of people should be enough.

I agree Riley, I don't really care for these award shows, they're there but nothing to do with hard rock/heavy metal, never will be.

Jayson73 01-24-2010 03:07 AM

I haven't watched the Brits since I saw about 13, they have always been shit

J-Hawke 02-06-2010 03:21 AM

I have been told that Judas Priest has recived a Britt Award, bet it was done in silence as not to give a proper band some media attention