Official Saxon Forum

Official Saxon Forum (http://forum.saxon747.com/index.php)
-   Saxon General (http://forum.saxon747.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Heavy Metal Thunder II (http://forum.saxon747.com/showthread.php?t=7698)

Candlemass 09-23-2018 04:15 PM

Heavy Metal Thunder II

If Saxon were to re-record a follow up to this gem, what would you want on it? I don't have a complete list yet, but several for sure!

Midas Touch
The Eagle Has Landed
Sailing to America
Broken Heroes
Rock the Nations
Song for Ema
Calm Before the Storm
S.O.S.
Solid Ball of Rock
Lights in the Sky
Great White Buffalo

Candlemass 10-15-2018 05:32 AM

Wow, thought there would be more interest in this, eh, guess that's why it'll never happen...

PunkTexas 10-17-2018 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candlemass (Post 57357)
Wow, thought there would be more interest in this, eh, guess that's why it'll never happen...

You're not alone. I have a "fake news" story I've wanted to post about this. Look for it this weekend.

Emperor 10-17-2018 11:48 AM

I'm not a fan of bands re-recording albums or several songs, but if it has to be, this would be my list of Saxon-re-recorded songs:
Where The Lightning Strikes, Calm Before The Storm, For Whom The Bell Tolls, Jericho Siren, A Little Bit Of What You Fancy, Set Me Free, Bad Boys (Like To Rock 'N' Roll), Run For Your Lives, Rockin' Again, Back On The Streets, Rock The Nations, Empty Promises, Taking Your Chances, Stand Up And Be Counted, Judgement Day..

Yes, that's it for now.

Candlemass 10-19-2018 02:59 PM

"A Little Bit of What You Fancy"

Ugh, that is arguably the worst Saxon song ever! :confused::eek:

Emperor 10-20-2018 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candlemass (Post 57369)
"A Little Bit of What You Fancy"

Ugh, that is arguably the worst Saxon song ever! :confused::eek:

It's not my favourite Saxon-song, but I think it's ok and I'm interested how that one would sound with the guitars more in front.

The worst Saxon-songs for me are: Rock City, Big Teaser, Waiting For The Night, Gonna Shout, Atilla The Hun.

Recently, after watching the DVD: Live Innocence/Power And The Glory(with some video-clips) I started to like Northern Lady.

PunkTexas 10-20-2018 09:51 PM

"Party 'Till You Puke" is awful.

Candlemass 10-22-2018 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkTexas (Post 57374)
"Party 'Till You Puke" is awful.

That would be the one in competition w/the other, Fancy that! :D

Candlemass 10-22-2018 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emperor (Post 57372)
It's not my favourite Saxon-song, but I think it's ok and I'm interested how that one would sound with the guitars more in front.

The worst Saxon-songs for me are: Atilla The Hun.

What???!!! That's the best song on Inner Sanctum and one of their best ever! :eek: :confused: :( :mad:

Emperor 10-22-2018 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candlemass (Post 57378)
What???!!! That's the best song on Inner Sanctum and one of their best ever! :eek: :confused: :( :mad:

It's not a bad song, but it's a little different.
Some of their more experimental songs I do like. Like: Queen Of Hearts, Cut Out The Disease, Hellcat, Metal Head, Are We Travellers In Time?, Sea Of Life (not that different, but very long for Saxon's standard), Dragon's Lair, Shadows On The Wall, Kingdom Of The Cross..