Official Saxon Forum

Official Saxon Forum (http://forum.saxon747.com/index.php)
-   Smalltalk & Spam (http://forum.saxon747.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   I'm currently spinning............ (http://forum.saxon747.com/showthread.php?t=14)

Philthy Phil 03-22-2007 03:48 PM

I'm currently spinning............
 
Motorhead - Kiss Of Death

http://svc087.bri7h.webmetrix.com.au...SS33395900.jpg

Valanx 03-22-2007 04:45 PM

Saxon - State of Grace

Good to see there was no delay in starting a now playing thread! Cheers Phil !

midnightrider 03-22-2007 04:49 PM

currently listening to Machine Head - The Blackening
http://www.myspace.com/roadrunneraustralia
you can listen to the whole album here,and although i don't condone this sort of behaviour you could record it if you have a sound recorder.:D

Fingers 03-22-2007 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midnightrider (Post 75)
currently listening to Machine Head - The Blackening

I love Machine Head, I've got the album on order and from what I have heard its a corker ! :D

Valanx 03-22-2007 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fingers (Post 76)
I love Machine Head, I've got the album on order and from what I have heard its a corker ! :D

It is a corker indeed mate!!!

Im gonna play 'Clenching the Fists of Dissent' right away!!!!

Philthy Phil 03-22-2007 06:49 PM

Black Label Society - Shot To Hell

http://www.metallibrary.ru/bands/dis...ot_to_hell.jpg

Valanx 03-22-2007 06:59 PM

Pagans Mind - Supremacy our Kind

I like Philthy's idea of posting the corresponding album cover, so with that said..


Philthy Phil 03-22-2007 09:33 PM

John Mellencamp - The Best That I Could Do


http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/...CLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Fabs 03-22-2007 10:57 PM

Saxon - Still Fit To Boogie

Philthy Phil 03-22-2007 11:54 PM

Ghoad - Afterlife


http://www.ghoad.co.uk/images/afterlife.jpg

CRUSADER747 03-23-2007 08:36 PM

Saxon - Need For Speed :cool:
Next up...
Sonata Arctica - The Cage:)

krakatoa747 03-23-2007 08:58 PM

Endstille "Above The Vault Of Heaven"

PS: before you're wondering because of the band's name - FUCK (neo)fascism!!!

Next up: Saxon "Krakatoa"

Valanx 03-23-2007 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRUSADER747 (Post 248)
Saxon - Need For Speed :cool:
Next up...
Sonata Arctica - The Cage:)


Who are this Sonata Arctica you keep playing? What kind of music, i mean? was a song by them on your myspace ?

anyway....

PAiN - Save your Prayers


CRUSADER747 03-23-2007 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valanx (Post 254)
Who are this Sonata Arctica you keep playing? What kind of music, i mean? was a song by them on your myspace ?

YES! Left hand side above the video clips, just click on play. I think the song is called Wolf And Raven (its just audio, not a video)

They are a melodic Power Metal band from Finland...

Valanx 03-23-2007 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRUSADER747 (Post 258)
YES! Left hand side above the video clips, just click on play. I think the song is called Wolf And Raven (its just audio, not a video)

They are a melodic Power Metal band from Finland...

Cool yeah thanks, love the intro and after the solo part when you hear it again, was'nt sure about the vocals at first but it gets better as it goes along, think il go and see what i can find ;)

I know you have a speed thing, you ever listen to stuff like like 'Children of Bodom' , 'Norther' or 'In Flames' they have some nice speed stuff sometimes with plenty 'o double bass drums!! Athough not really power metal style but they are great bands!

Now playin'

Children of Bodom - Sixpounder



Love that CD cover :D

Philthy Phil 03-24-2007 12:21 AM

Judas Priest - Sad Wings Of Destiny

http://perso.orange.fr/lp-covers/ima...OFFE/JUDAS.jpg

Valanx 03-24-2007 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philthy Phil (Post 347)
Judas Priest - Sad Wings Of Destiny

Such an amazing album cover that is, i remember my Mum drew that for me years ago in pencil (a bit larger than the original) it was perfect, wish i still had that :( great album too, one of the best...Ever!!!!

np. Beseech - Endless Waters

This band do such a heavy version of the abba song gimmie, its really gothic. Pretty good..


spike 03-24-2007 02:58 AM

ALDO NOVA A portrait of ALDO NOVA.
has anyone else here heard aldo nova?

Valanx 03-24-2007 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike (Post 376)
ALDO NOVA A portrait of ALDO NOVA.
has anyone else here heard aldo nova?

I must say i have not, what are they like ??

np. Judas Priest - Another thing Comin' (Priest....Live)


CRUSADER747 03-24-2007 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valanx (Post 270)
Cool yeah thanks, love the intro and after the solo part when you hear it again, was'nt sure about the vocals at first but it gets better as it goes along, think il go and see what i can find ;)

I know you have a speed thing, you ever listen to stuff like like 'Children of Bodom' , 'Norther' or 'In Flames' they have some nice speed stuff sometimes with plenty 'o double bass drums!! Athough not really power metal style but they are great

Thanks for the sugestions, however, i really hate death metal:(
I have just heard a norther song on there my space page. The music was ok, but as soon as the vocals started i felt like turning it off!!
I love fast music and double bass drumming, but i need more melody, rather than grunting and really forced death metal vocals.

lemmyswart 03-24-2007 03:18 PM

nlt
Benedictum-Uncreation
female fronted classic style metal band, two great dio era sabs covers plus some great originals well worth a listen.dont be put off by the thought of a female vocalist she has a very strong voice which really fits well.
lem

Valanx 03-24-2007 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRUSADER747 (Post 396)
Thanks for the sugestions, however, i really hate death metal:(
I have just heard a norther song on there my space page. The music was ok, but as soon as the vocals started i felt like turning it off!!
I love fast music and double bass drumming, but i need more melody, rather than grunting and really forced death metal vocals.

Its not so much Death Metal to be honest and alot of it is very technical and melodic, which isnt really a trait of death metal. As for the vocals i understand they are not to everyones taste but to me i would describe them as raw not forced and more necro style than death, i personally prefer this type of vocal to the more operatic type that is used in power metal but thats just me!

Anyway i got the whole Sonata Arctica discography ;) so im gonna check that out later. Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemmyswart (Post 401)
nlt
Benedictum-Uncreation
female fronted classic style metal band, two great dio era sabs covers plus some great originals well worth a listen.dont be put off by the thought of a female vocalist she has a very strong voice which really fits well.
lem

I know i have heard of the band, but dont know where..Hmm, anyway i like alot of bands with female vocals, Within Temptation, Arch Enemy, Beseech and some of the older lacuna coil stuff, so i will check them out. Would like to hear those Dio covers too :)

Now Playing..

Sonata Arctica - Blank File


spike 03-24-2007 04:26 PM

Aldo nova is a man(canadian) & not a band. he is well known
in america/canada as a session musician & plays all instruments aswell as producing his own stuff. his first self titled album is well worth a listen. its not really heavy but he executes some superb power chordage.
I suppose you could say his music is a bit like TOTO or REO SPEEDWAGON - that sort of stuff.
there is a really great track called "under the gun" if anyone tracks it down on mp3 it is a real gem.

CRUSADER747 03-24-2007 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valanx (Post 406)
Now Playing..

Sonata Arctica - Blank File

I love that song :) I will have to play it later (very loudly)

You are right though, i do like the high operatic power metal vocal style the best.

SAXONATOR 03-25-2007 01:42 AM

scatman john - sing now :)

Philthy Phil 03-25-2007 03:57 PM

Tony Iommi & Glenn Hughes - Fused


http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...1.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Saxon-747 03-25-2007 04:47 PM

Pink Cream 69 - "In10sity"

Philthy Phil 03-25-2007 05:24 PM

Tony Iommi & Glenn Hughes - The DEP Sessions

http://www.black-sabbath.com/images/...epsessions.jpg

Valanx 03-26-2007 12:45 AM

The Master
 
Glenn Tipton - Edge of the World


Canucklehead 03-26-2007 07:57 AM

Sonata Arctica - The Collection 1999 - 2006

First taste of these guys and I can't quite make up my mind - sometimes really really good and other times... Might be a mood thing. Don't Say A Word is frickin' brilliant though.

Klingonbear 03-26-2007 06:58 PM

Sonny Boy Williamson - Fattenin' Frogs for Snakes

Canucklehead 03-27-2007 06:30 AM

Accept - Staying A Life

These guys really deserved better...

Klingonbear 03-27-2007 08:38 AM

Got to agree - Acept were brilliant.

NP: Triumph - Stages (live)

Valanx 03-27-2007 12:07 PM

Iron Maiden - Out of the Silent Planet


......do maiden actually read the books they steal titles from ???

GOSS 03-27-2007 02:17 PM


The skyline of the City of London is beginning to resemble the album cover of Brave New World with all the new skyscrapers going up ! How "Clairvoyant" of Maiden !!

http://www.london.gov.uk/gla/city_hall/index.jsp
http://www.tallestskyscrapers.info/l...gate-tower.php
http://www.tallestskyscrapers.info/l...xe-gherkin.php
http://www.tallestskyscrapers.info/l...ada-square.php
http://www.tallestskyscrapers.info/l...don-bridge.php
http://www.tallestskyscrapers.info/london-tower-42.php

Cheers,

Goss.

midnightrider 03-27-2007 04:43 PM

Hell yeah-You would'nt Know
http://myspace.com/HELLYEAH

Philthy Phil 03-27-2007 06:21 PM

Deep Purple - Perfect Strangers


http://images.bol.de/images-adb/15/b...e0ae8988dd.jpg

Klingonbear 03-27-2007 07:58 PM

Perfect Strangers was a great remaster.

NP: Kiss - Lick It Up

Edumalavida 03-27-2007 09:11 PM

ALLMAN BROTHERS - Idlewild south (great!!)

Edumalavida 03-27-2007 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOSS (Post 690)

The skyline of the City of London is beginning to resemble the album cover of Brave New World with all the new skyscrapers going up ! How "Clairvoyant" of Maiden !!

An anecdote on this cover, mostly unknown outside Spain:
In 1992 a spanish group called 'Hamlet' released their second album, "Peligroso". Take a close look on the cover and compare it with the Iron Maiden one:
http://www.tomamusica.com/caratulas/...-Delantera.jpg

The cloudy face in the sky, the futuristic buildings... It seems to be painted from an alley in that town.
This makes one suspect, as this is from 1992, and the record & cover were pressed in Germany... :confused:


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.