Official Saxon Forum

Official Saxon Forum (http://forum.saxon747.com/index.php)
-   Saxon General (http://forum.saxon747.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Biff Interview on American TV- That Metal Show (http://forum.saxon747.com/showthread.php?t=2972)

MartyWalker 05-07-2009 06:50 AM

Biff Interview on American TV- That Metal Show

http://www.vh1classic.com/view/playl...nt/index.jhtml

Biff did this recent interview with Don Jameson and Jim Florentine of Eddie Trunks "That Metal show". For us American fans it's like we wait years for any word from any member of Saxon, to get that glimmer of hope that they might do a full North American Tour. It would be so great for the fans on the other side of the pond. Thanks for Don Jameison for that info. Recently recorded a few weeks ago.:):):)

Fire In The Sky 05-07-2009 09:01 AM

Thanks for that Marty

never surrender 05-07-2009 02:48 PM

was ok , but not long enough:(

MartyWalker 05-07-2009 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by never surrender (Post 21493)
was ok , but not long enough:(

MAn, they never are. I'm starting to think this was last year when Saxon opened for Motorhead, and they just now aired it. But they said recently on the telly.

Cat of Peace 05-07-2009 06:51 PM

Thanks Marty.

Highway Star 05-07-2009 08:09 PM

Thanks, marty!!! :)

lastv8 05-08-2009 04:33 AM

thanks marty, I sure hope they make it to ohio

wiggie 05-08-2009 06:48 PM

That Metal Show Byford interview

I'm not impressed. You would think Biff would have taken better advantage of the short time with a more vibrant interview. It was a very dry interview, as if they had nothing to talk about. There was no personality, no flare. I watch that metal show every week and unless I missed a show this interview was not aired. I wonder why... The show makes an effort to promote Saxon, the hosts wear Saxon tshirts once in a while and Labrynth was the "pick of the week" for the Dio episode which got a few seconds of mention. The two guys interviewing Biff needed to lead the interview better. They did the same with Dio spending almost the whole interview time talking about his devil hand gesture and how Ronnie was nice to people backstage when Backmore wasnt. Whatever.... If I had 3 minutes to intervirew Dio or Byford and ask them any questions it certainly would not have been the questions that metal show chose to ask...

Saxon plays BB Kings next week. I plan to buy my ticket at the door. I'm sure that metal show staff will be there given their studio is only a few blocks away. Of course it would be great to have a large crowd there banging all night but I have a strange feeling there's going to be plenty of room up front. Aside from Eddie Trunk there has been no mention or promotion about this show. I sicnerely hope it's a success.

-Wiggie

mnsaxonfan 05-08-2009 06:54 PM

I don't get VH1 Classic myself, but I have a friend who does and he says that those two guys are just idiots, and that any interview they do has no depth at all. I agree, Biff seemed more than willing to go along with any line of questioning, but I also agree that the interview could've been much more than it was.

riley23 05-08-2009 07:40 PM

Thanks for the hook up...

I agree that the interview was short and Biff didn't seemed to be interested in the questioning.

I noticed on the Heaven and Hell episode that the two guy's conducting the interview with Biff pointed out Saxon as a legendary band that still pumps out classics and that the last three releases were really good...So that was pretty cool.

Golden_Goose 05-08-2009 08:25 PM

Saxon!!!! Can't wait to see them next week!

J.D.DIAMOND 05-09-2009 12:01 AM

I don't know guys,Biff seemed interested to me! LOL! What else did you want him to say? LOL! I mean did you want him to do back flips or something like that? LOL!I mean really,he looked interested to me...and he seemed greatful with the promotion of the band's name..ect...

I think that this is a plus for the band,and it was a great interview!!

Awsome!

MartyWalker 05-09-2009 05:04 AM

Thanks JJ. Seems you and a few others got exactly what it was. A post concert interview by two totally starstruck fans trying to interview on of their all time favorite bands leader.

I'm not so sure that would have done any better. When I met them I was the same way. When you idolize someone, you stutter, choke, gag, become forgetful. I saw it as a cool interview by big time starstruck fans.

It's just life people. Don't get so bent out out shape over it.

J.D.DIAMOND 05-09-2009 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MartyWalker (Post 21595)
Thanks JJ. Seems you and a few others got exactly what it was. A post concert interview by two totally starstruck fans trying to interview on of their all time favorite bands leader.

I'm not so sure that would have done any better. When I met them I was the same way. When you idolize someone, you stutter, choke, gag, become forgetful. I saw it as a cool interview by big time starstruck fans.

It's just life people. Don't get so bent out out shape over it.

I hear ya Marty,I'm not sure what our forum member 'Wiggie" is disappointed about from this interview...Biff seemed happy,upbeat and "into" this interview.

And the 2 guys giving the interview seemed totally "psyched" to be talking to Biff Byford of Saxon! lol!

As I said in my previous post.."what else did we want Biff or the guys giving the interview to do...back flips or something"? lol!

Great interview,great exposure for Saxon and a great post Marty,thanks for posting this interview...this made my whole day to see and hear Biff!!!!

MartyWalker 05-09-2009 11:16 PM

For those wanting something more along the line of a hip - hip- hooray interview, both of these guys are comedians in life, and work with Eddie Trunk on "That Metal Show", based out of New York. Did you hear Jim, the tall one, explain at 15 I think, that he went to see Saxon and Rush, Saxon being the band he liked. He got to meet them in an elevator and they were starstruck. It sounded just like me when I met them.

You see we put certain people, bands, film stars on a higher place than us, knowing they lead a more exciting lifestyle than us. At age 15 I would have been overwhelmed. It's just the way it is.

To be a member of the forum and talk down about Biff and such shows me you are not really that serious of a fan that you show yourself to be. I hope I am wrong. I've been a die hard fan for 30 years. I've just really got started on here and I feel if you are on here, Saxon should be your most favorite band, and still like others too. I won't ever talk down about them. That's what this forum is, a place for extreme Saxon fans, where we don't have to worry what we say because we love this band. Period !!!!!!! :mad::rolleyes:

moofish747 05-10-2009 01:33 PM

I heart Saxon.

I wanna make out with Biff's butthole. lol

:o

I don't think someone having a less-than-glowing opinion about something Saxon did as not being a real fan. That is ridiculous. That's like saying you don't really love your children if you think they did something wrong. I am a die-hard Saxon fan going on 30 years myself, but I'm not afraid to take off the Saxon fanboy glasses and stop drinking the kool-aid for a second to be objective. I don't agree with the 'commercial' direction they took in the mid-80's. Does that make me less of a fan for saying so??

Edumalavida 05-10-2009 05:21 PM

Many thanks for the link, Marty!

lionessheart 05-10-2009 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moofish747 (Post 21666)
I heart Saxon.

I don't think someone having a less-than-glowing opinion about something Saxon did as not being a real fan. That is ridiculous. That's like saying you don't really love your children if you think they did something wrong. I am a die-hard Saxon fan going on 30 years myself, but I'm not afraid to take off the Saxon fanboy glasses and stop drinking the kool-aid for a second to be objective. I don't agree with the 'commercial' direction they took in the mid-80's. Does that make me less of a fan for saying so??

Not at all and I totally agree with you. I love Saxon, but they are certainly not above being critizised and the band themselves would agree.

I very much doubt if Saxon would want fans who blindly worship and brown nose every single record they make. There was someone on the Judas Priest forum who said that if Judas Priest recorded Baa Baa Black Sheep they would love it "just because it's Priest". How pathetic and sad can you get?

Fingers 05-10-2009 05:54 PM

Personally I thought that was a good fun interview. They said they hoped to get them on their show if they hit the states, if they do brilliant.

MartyWalker 05-10-2009 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moofish747 (Post 21666)
I heart Saxon.

It's like I said, I like other bands. It's stupid to think otherwise. It's just the wording of it that threw a couple of us off. No big deal. I like wiggles and now we moved on. I like Moofish to lol.

J.D.DIAMOND 05-10-2009 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lionessheart (Post 21692)
Not at all and I totally agree with you. I love Saxon, but they are certainly not above being critizised and the band themselves would agree.

I very much doubt if Saxon would want fans who blindly worship and brown nose every single record they make. There was someone on the Judas Priest forum who said that if Judas Priest recorded Baa Baa Black Sheep they would love it "just because it's Priest". How pathetic and sad can you get?

I agree as well,I think that Marty was just in a defensive state of mind,thats all. And I love Saxon as well,but Judas Priest is my #1 favorite band,but with Saxon running along side them at #2.

And there are things/songs/albums I don't like about Saxon throughout thier career. I don't think that Saxon has to be your #1 favorite band to be a valid member here at this forum.

But that being said,I really do think that,that interview was excellent as I've said!!! If it was lame I would of said so,but it rocked!!

never surrender 05-11-2009 04:38 PM

same here, no band is beyond critisism:), they have all done songs/albums that the fans didnt like, priest are one of my favs too but they have plenty of dodgy moments throughout their career , it just shows that no one is perfect:)

Cat of Peace 05-11-2009 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lionessheart (Post 21692)

Unfortunately there's a lot of people not able thinking in a rational way!:(

MartyWalker 05-11-2009 09:10 PM

I just always hope that the number 1 thing here at this forum is that we all have a great time, and try not to be so negative about things. The outside world provides us all with plenty of that.

Judas Priest is right up there with Saxon and Krokus and Iron Maiden. There's room for all. I'll tell you what. It seems I got in the way and my comment caused a problem. I'm sorry and I hope you can forgive me and let's just move on.

You guys give me hope just when I need it. I think of all you guys highly and I hope to meet you before my health deteriorates.

lionessheart 05-12-2009 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MartyWalker (Post 21763)
I just always hope that the number 1 thing here at this forum is that we all have a great time, and try not to be so negative about things. The outside world provides us all with plenty of that.

Judas Priest is right up there with Saxon and Krokus and Iron Maiden. There's room for all. I'll tell you what. It seems I got in the way and my comment caused a problem. I'm sorry and I hope you can forgive me and let's just move on.

You guys give me hope just when I need it. I think of all you guys highly and I hope to meet you before my health deteriorates.

Nothing to forgive mate and I wasn't having a go at you.

And do take your point to a certain extent. It seems all some people can do is moan

I Saw Iron Maiden at Twickenham, London last year on the somewhere Back In Time Tour. They put on a brilliant show and played their asses off. But on the Maiden forum, all some people could do was whine and whinge. "I didn't the venue," "the drinks were too expensive," "they didn't play Quest For Fire," "I didn't like Bruce's clothes" bla bla bla.

There's no pleasing some people and no matter what the likes of Maiden, Saxon, Metallic, Priest etc can do, people will moan.

I agree Maiden, Saxon, Priest etc have all released stinkers, but I do agree that all some fans do is be negative.

Sorry to read about you health. We're all part of the Saxon family and we're thinking of you

MartyWalker 05-12-2009 12:51 PM

Thanks lionessheart. No problems here at all. I wish I lived back in Germany so I could go see the the great concerts over there. Seems nothing comes to corn cob county Ohio anymore haha.

lionessheart 05-12-2009 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MartyWalker (Post 21783)
Thanks lionessheart. No problems here at all. I wish I lived back in Germany so I could go see the the great concerts over there. Seems nothing comes to corn cob county Ohio anymore haha.

Yeah. It seem if you don't live in a big city that's on the east or west coast you've got no chance.

I thought Biff came over OK in that interview. I've seen far worse ones from other musicians

Mad Dan McCafferty 05-12-2009 01:40 PM

Well if you wanna hear a radio interview with Biff a couple of weeks back in Glasgow, it's about 15 mins, then you can listen here:

http://bdfmclassicrockshow.mypodcast.com/index.html

Keep Rockin'

MDMc

J.D.DIAMOND 05-13-2009 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lionessheart (Post 21782)
Nothing to forgive mate and I wasn't having a go at you.

And do take your point to a certain extent. It seems all some people can do is moan

I Saw Iron Maiden at Twickenham, London last year on the somewhere Back In Time Tour. They put on a brilliant show and played their asses off. But on the Maiden forum, all some people could do was whine and whinge. "I didn't the venue," "the drinks were too expensive," "they didn't play Quest For Fire," "I didn't like Bruce's clothes" bla bla bla.

There's no pleasing some people and no matter what the likes of Maiden, Saxon, Metallic, Priest etc can do, people will moan.

I agree Maiden, Saxon, Priest etc have all released stinkers, but I do agree that all some fans do is be negative.

Sorry to read about you health. We're all part of the Saxon family and we're thinking of you

Yes Marty and Lionessheart,you both have great points. It sucks when you go to a forum to have fun posting your thought and everybody is negative all the time yelling at each other..ect..

This is a main reason why I came here to the Saxon Forum from the Judas Priest forum....I've been at the Judas Priest forum since Jan.2005 and still post over there as well...but I would'nt recomend "ANYBODY" to go over there because there is way too much "bickering".

And some guys get pretty nasty with thier posts and there is NO ADMINISTRATOR or moderator controlling things,no moderator to ban anyone's accounts from the website.

There is a web master named "Murray" but he never checks in at the forum and only pops in twice a year or so.

So that lets idiots basically "ruin" it for everybody. Its not like that all the time,but there is one person that has been there for a long time creating false accounts,posing as another member trying to make them look bad.

Childish things like that go on over there and if there was a moderator they would'nt be able to do this.I still post over there because I still have a lot of friends there that I have been talking to for the last 4 years.

But this forum seems to be very cool and everybody seems to get along with each other,and the administrator here would ban anybody who caused problems...the way it should be.

Sorry for jumping off topic,that interview with Biff was excellent and its always cool to see the band members having a laugh!! Thanks again Marty and I hope your health gets better my friend.

lionessheart 05-13-2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.D.DIAMOND (Post 21812)
Yes Marty and Lionessheart,you both have great points. It sucks when you go to a forum to have fun posting your thought and everybody is negative all the time yelling at each other..ect..

This is a main reason why I came here to the Saxon Forum from the Judas Priest forum....I've been at the Judas Priest forum since Jan.2005 and still post over there as well...but I would'nt recomend "ANYBODY" to go over there because there is way too much "bickering".

And some guys get pretty nasty with thier posts and there is NO ADMINISTRATOR or moderator controlling things,no moderator to ban anyone's accounts from the website.

There is a web master named "Murray" but he never checks in at the forum and only pops in twice a year or so.

So that lets idiots basically "ruin" it for everybody. Its not like that all the time,but there is one person that has been there for a long time creating false accounts,posing as another member trying to make them look bad.

Childish things like that go on over there and if there was a moderator they would'nt be able to do this.I still post over there because I still have a lot of friends there that I have been talking to for the last 4 years.

But this forum seems to be very cool and everybody seems to get along with each other,and the administrator here would ban anybody who caused problems...the way it should be.

Sorry for jumping off topic,that interview with Biff was excellent and its always cool to see the band members having a laugh!! Thanks again Marty and I hope your health gets better my friend.

I post on the JP forum (as metalmaz). I hardly go on there now. It's full of really sad people and fanboys. I was utterly flamed for daring to criticise Nostradamus. "If you don't like everything by Priest you're not a real fan" and all that crap.

As you say there is some nasty things said in there .There was someone advocating rape for God's sake.

MartyWalker 05-13-2009 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lionessheart (Post 21784)
Yeah. It seem if you don't live in a big city that's on the east or west coast you've got no chance.

I thought Biff came over OK in that interview. I've seen far worse ones from other musicians

I think they are looking a little tired after long tours. I think it even catch's up with Biff. It's good to see they are having a bit of a break right now. :D

Cat of Peace 05-13-2009 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lionessheart (Post 21834)
I post on the JP forum (as metalmaz). I hardly go on there now. It's full of really sad people and fanboys. I was utterly flamed for daring to criticise Nostradamus. "If you don't like everything by Priest you're not a real fan" and all that crap.

As you say there is some nasty things said in there .There was someone advocating rape for God's sake.

My God.......

PERMISSION2ROCK 06-22-2009 08:55 PM

Thx for the link on that mate :)