Official Saxon Forum

Official Saxon Forum (http://forum.saxon747.com/index.php)
-   Saxon General (http://forum.saxon747.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Biff Interview on American TV- That Metal Show (http://forum.saxon747.com/showthread.php?t=2972)

J.D.DIAMOND 05-10-2009 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lionessheart (Post 21692)
Not at all and I totally agree with you. I love Saxon, but they are certainly not above being critizised and the band themselves would agree.

I very much doubt if Saxon would want fans who blindly worship and brown nose every single record they make. There was someone on the Judas Priest forum who said that if Judas Priest recorded Baa Baa Black Sheep they would love it "just because it's Priest". How pathetic and sad can you get?



I agree as well,I think that Marty was just in a defensive state of mind,thats all. And I love Saxon as well,but Judas Priest is my #1 favorite band,but with Saxon running along side them at #2.

And there are things/songs/albums I don't like about Saxon throughout thier career. I don't think that Saxon has to be your #1 favorite band to be a valid member here at this forum.

But that being said,I really do think that,that interview was excellent as I've said!!! If it was lame I would of said so,but it rocked!!

never surrender 05-11-2009 04:38 PM

same here, no band is beyond critisism:), they have all done songs/albums that the fans didnt like, priest are one of my favs too but they have plenty of dodgy moments throughout their career , it just shows that no one is perfect:)

Cat of Peace 05-11-2009 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lionessheart (Post 21692)

I very much doubt if Saxon would want fans who blindly worship and brown nose every single record they make. There was someone on the Judas Priest forum who said that if Judas Priest recorded Baa Baa Black Sheep they would love it "just because it's Priest". How pathetic and sad can you get?

Unfortunately there's a lot of people not able thinking in a rational way!:(

MartyWalker 05-11-2009 09:10 PM

I just always hope that the number 1 thing here at this forum is that we all have a great time, and try not to be so negative about things. The outside world provides us all with plenty of that.

Judas Priest is right up there with Saxon and Krokus and Iron Maiden. There's room for all. I'll tell you what. It seems I got in the way and my comment caused a problem. I'm sorry and I hope you can forgive me and let's just move on.

You guys give me hope just when I need it. I think of all you guys highly and I hope to meet you before my health deteriorates.

lionessheart 05-12-2009 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MartyWalker (Post 21763)
I just always hope that the number 1 thing here at this forum is that we all have a great time, and try not to be so negative about things. The outside world provides us all with plenty of that.

Judas Priest is right up there with Saxon and Krokus and Iron Maiden. There's room for all. I'll tell you what. It seems I got in the way and my comment caused a problem. I'm sorry and I hope you can forgive me and let's just move on.

You guys give me hope just when I need it. I think of all you guys highly and I hope to meet you before my health deteriorates.

Nothing to forgive mate and I wasn't having a go at you.

And do take your point to a certain extent. It seems all some people can do is moan

I Saw Iron Maiden at Twickenham, London last year on the somewhere Back In Time Tour. They put on a brilliant show and played their asses off. But on the Maiden forum, all some people could do was whine and whinge. "I didn't the venue," "the drinks were too expensive," "they didn't play Quest For Fire," "I didn't like Bruce's clothes" bla bla bla.

There's no pleasing some people and no matter what the likes of Maiden, Saxon, Metallic, Priest etc can do, people will moan.

I agree Maiden, Saxon, Priest etc have all released stinkers, but I do agree that all some fans do is be negative.

Sorry to read about you health. We're all part of the Saxon family and we're thinking of you

MartyWalker 05-12-2009 12:51 PM

Thanks lionessheart. No problems here at all. I wish I lived back in Germany so I could go see the the great concerts over there. Seems nothing comes to corn cob county Ohio anymore haha.

lionessheart 05-12-2009 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MartyWalker (Post 21783)
Thanks lionessheart. No problems here at all. I wish I lived back in Germany so I could go see the the great concerts over there. Seems nothing comes to corn cob county Ohio anymore haha.

Yeah. It seem if you don't live in a big city that's on the east or west coast you've got no chance.

I thought Biff came over OK in that interview. I've seen far worse ones from other musicians

Mad Dan McCafferty 05-12-2009 01:40 PM

Well if you wanna hear a radio interview with Biff a couple of weeks back in Glasgow, it's about 15 mins, then you can listen here:

http://bdfmclassicrockshow.mypodcast.com/index.html

Keep Rockin'

MDMc

J.D.DIAMOND 05-13-2009 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lionessheart (Post 21782)
Nothing to forgive mate and I wasn't having a go at you.

And do take your point to a certain extent. It seems all some people can do is moan

I Saw Iron Maiden at Twickenham, London last year on the somewhere Back In Time Tour. They put on a brilliant show and played their asses off. But on the Maiden forum, all some people could do was whine and whinge. "I didn't the venue," "the drinks were too expensive," "they didn't play Quest For Fire," "I didn't like Bruce's clothes" bla bla bla.

There's no pleasing some people and no matter what the likes of Maiden, Saxon, Metallic, Priest etc can do, people will moan.

I agree Maiden, Saxon, Priest etc have all released stinkers, but I do agree that all some fans do is be negative.

Sorry to read about you health. We're all part of the Saxon family and we're thinking of you


Yes Marty and Lionessheart,you both have great points. It sucks when you go to a forum to have fun posting your thought and everybody is negative all the time yelling at each other..ect..

This is a main reason why I came here to the Saxon Forum from the Judas Priest forum....I've been at the Judas Priest forum since Jan.2005 and still post over there as well...but I would'nt recomend "ANYBODY" to go over there because there is way too much "bickering".

And some guys get pretty nasty with thier posts and there is NO ADMINISTRATOR or moderator controlling things,no moderator to ban anyone's accounts from the website.

There is a web master named "Murray" but he never checks in at the forum and only pops in twice a year or so.

So that lets idiots basically "ruin" it for everybody. Its not like that all the time,but there is one person that has been there for a long time creating false accounts,posing as another member trying to make them look bad.

Childish things like that go on over there and if there was a moderator they would'nt be able to do this.I still post over there because I still have a lot of friends there that I have been talking to for the last 4 years.

But this forum seems to be very cool and everybody seems to get along with each other,and the administrator here would ban anybody who caused problems...the way it should be.

Sorry for jumping off topic,that interview with Biff was excellent and its always cool to see the band members having a laugh!! Thanks again Marty and I hope your health gets better my friend.

lionessheart 05-13-2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.D.DIAMOND (Post 21812)
Yes Marty and Lionessheart,you both have great points. It sucks when you go to a forum to have fun posting your thought and everybody is negative all the time yelling at each other..ect..

This is a main reason why I came here to the Saxon Forum from the Judas Priest forum....I've been at the Judas Priest forum since Jan.2005 and still post over there as well...but I would'nt recomend "ANYBODY" to go over there because there is way too much "bickering".

And some guys get pretty nasty with thier posts and there is NO ADMINISTRATOR or moderator controlling things,no moderator to ban anyone's accounts from the website.

There is a web master named "Murray" but he never checks in at the forum and only pops in twice a year or so.

So that lets idiots basically "ruin" it for everybody. Its not like that all the time,but there is one person that has been there for a long time creating false accounts,posing as another member trying to make them look bad.

Childish things like that go on over there and if there was a moderator they would'nt be able to do this.I still post over there because I still have a lot of friends there that I have been talking to for the last 4 years.

But this forum seems to be very cool and everybody seems to get along with each other,and the administrator here would ban anybody who caused problems...the way it should be.

Sorry for jumping off topic,that interview with Biff was excellent and its always cool to see the band members having a laugh!! Thanks again Marty and I hope your health gets better my friend.

I post on the JP forum (as metalmaz). I hardly go on there now. It's full of really sad people and fanboys. I was utterly flamed for daring to criticise Nostradamus. "If you don't like everything by Priest you're not a real fan" and all that crap.

As you say there is some nasty things said in there .There was someone advocating rape for God's sake.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.