Official Saxon Forum

Official Saxon Forum (http://forum.saxon747.com/index.php)
-   Smalltalk & Spam (http://forum.saxon747.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Whats the next gig you're going to? (http://forum.saxon747.com/showthread.php?t=3001)

Jayson73 08-13-2009 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirkster (Post 24684)
Bloodstock for me too, just sorted out my camping stuff, travelling down friday morning, can't wait. Hoping to meet Saxon at the signing tent as well as seeing them play.

I'm hoping to be there tomorrow afternoon coz The Fuel Girls are on tomorrow night and it's my only chance to see sexy young ladies naked for free :D

saxonfan 08-13-2009 06:51 AM

Seeing AC/DC Friday........And Saxon on the 22nd

Highway Star 08-13-2009 08:38 PM

u2 tomorow!!

Princess of the Night747 08-13-2009 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highway Star (Post 24718)
u2 tomorow!!

Aren't you the lucky one:p

riley23 08-15-2009 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess of the Night747 (Post 24724)
Aren't you the lucky one:p

Took my daughters to see "The Wiggles" this week...(For the 3rd time in 3 years...)

Nightfaery 08-25-2009 12:36 PM

Gonna see Tygers of Pan Tang in two weeks, hooray! Last saw them Hard Rock Hell II, they were so good and I like Jack's vocals. Nice bloke. Also going to see Saxon *yay* and Anvil and Hard Rock Hell III in December!

Not impressed though, according to Ticketline I'm a Mr. now. I know I'm having problems right now but damnit gender isn't one of them!!! :D

PERMISSION2ROCK 08-25-2009 01:13 PM

Steel Panther 14th September
Saxon 8th November
Saxon 10th November
:)

Cant wait lol

thebigredone 08-25-2009 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PERMISSION2ROCK (Post 25031)
Steel Panther 14th September
Saxon 8th November
Saxon 10th November
:)

Cant wait lol

Yes...me too!!!

papadoc 08-25-2009 09:54 PM

The Cult, 18th Oct, London Shepherd's Bush Empire
Saxon, 7th Nov, Birmingham NEC
Saxon, 8th Nov, Koko, London.

PERMISSION2ROCK 08-25-2009 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebigredone (Post 25041)
Yes...me too!!!

cool lol :D

Jayson73 08-26-2009 01:55 AM

Wolf, London 9th Oct
maybe Hellfest Birmingham 7thNov
Saxon, London 8th Nov
Saxon, Nottingham 9th Nov
Saxon, Leeds 10th Nov

riley23 08-26-2009 06:50 PM

I'm going to get a pizza and some brews and click on You Tube and watch my dream set list from Saxon. I have some "layoff" time coming up so this will work and is about as close as I'll get to see them live this year anyway.

And Yes, feel sorry for me.....

mnsaxonfan 08-26-2009 08:13 PM

It's official, I have my ticket for Motorhead this Friday, the 28th at First Ave in Minneapolis. This will be my first Motorhead show, looking forward to it!

Highway Star 08-26-2009 11:48 PM

THEY ARE GREAT!!!!!!!!!! take some ear plugs though...these guys are like 120-130 decibles.. :D :D

Nightfaery 08-27-2009 02:47 AM

*sigh* Well looks like Tygers have cancelled Wigan. I'm really upset at this it's been a shit week and now this. I was looking forward to this for months, the nearest gig is miles away otherwise. I knew I should have printed the fking ticket out... *cry*

Edit: Hell with it, I'm going to Clitheroe. Me mate has offered for me to ride on the back of his bike. Yay! *that wasn't a euphanism you naughty people hurhurhurhur*

Nightfaery 08-29-2009 03:54 PM

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE I got me Saxon ticket today yaaaaaaaaay! *happyhappyhappyjoyjoyjoy*

On the other hand all Tygers gigs have been postponed until January, so ehhh. Never mind they were really nice about it when they saw how upset I was.

mnsaxonfan 08-29-2009 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highway Star (Post 25083)
THEY ARE GREAT!!!!!!!!!! take some ear plugs though...these guys are like 120-130 decibles.. :D :D

I had my earplugs in for the whole show, but when they went off stage prior to the encore I decided to listen to the last 3 songs without earplugs just to really get the full experience of the power and volume of Motorhead. Oh my god, that was LOOOOUUUUUDDDD! Holy crap! Good thing I had my earplugs in the rest of the time or else I wouldn't be able to hear a thing today!

Great show, pretty standard setlist, in no particular order, and I might be missing a song or two.......
Iron Fist - this was the first song played
Stay Clean
Be My Baby
Rock Out
No Class
Metropolis
Teach You How to Sing the Blues
Another Perfect Day
I Got Mine
Love For Sale
Over the Top
In the Name of Tragedy
Just Cos You Got The Power
Going To Brazil
Killed By Death
Bomber

Encore:
Whorehouse Blues
Ace of Spades
Overkill


Next gig, after giving my ears a rest....Edguy.

Dirkster 08-30-2009 12:05 AM

Saxon, 7th Nov, Birmingham Hellfire.

Lily Allen, 18th Nov, Manchester Apollo.

(Its for my wife, she does come with me to metal gigs)

Dio, 27th Nov, Manchester Academy1.

Princess of the Night747 08-30-2009 01:14 AM

Another one to add to my list:-

DIO - 21ST NOVEMBER, CARLING ACADEMY

riley23 08-30-2009 04:48 AM

Skinny Puppy November 1st.

simon 1967 08-30-2009 05:05 PM

my next gig
 
magnum oct 31
then saxon nec nov7
saxon london nov 8

Highway Star 08-30-2009 08:24 PM

Damn, I'd live to see DIO.... :mad:

Highway Star 08-30-2009 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnsaxonfan (Post 25125)
I had my earplugs in for the whole show, but when they went off stage prior to the encore I decided to listen to the last 3 songs without earplugs just to really get the full experience of the power and volume of Motorhead. Oh my god, that was LOOOOUUUUUDDDD! Holy crap! Good thing I had my earplugs in the rest of the time or else I wouldn't be able to hear a thing today!

.

Yeah, i saw them over here, when saxon supported them. I lost my earplugs when I might of started to bang my head a little to SAXON, and had to go through the rest of the gig with fingers stuffed in my ears!!! Set list looks to be the same-ish to what they usaully play. can't wait to see them in november now! :cool:

Nightfaery 08-30-2009 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highway Star (Post 25154)
Damn, I'd live to see DIO.... :mad:

It's only 20 mate... unless there's nowhere near you or you can't get time off work?

Highway Star 09-03-2009 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfaery (Post 25158)
It's only 20 mate... unless there's nowhere near you or you can't get time off work?

Price is ok, But there is nowhere near me really..going to london on a tuesday night is not really an option for me.... :(

innuendo 09-04-2009 12:36 AM

ZZ Top, Zagreb, Croatia, 16th October

hell yeah!

riley23 09-04-2009 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by innuendo (Post 25217)
ZZ Top, Zagreb, Croatia, 16th October

hell yeah!

ZZ TOP, Cool...I noticed at least here in Detroit USA they are playing 1,000 seat theaters which is alway's the best way to see a great band.

innuendo 09-04-2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riley23 (Post 25225)
ZZ TOP, Cool...I noticed at least here in Detroit USA they are playing 1,000 seat theaters which is alway's the best way to see a great band.

in croatia they'll play pretty big place which holds 10 000 people

J-Hawke 09-04-2009 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by innuendo (Post 25217)
ZZ Top, Zagreb, Croatia, 16th October

hell yeah!

I'm going to try and see ZZ Top in Wolverhampton, thankfully for me I can catch a train the whole way there and see them without changing :P

I am also hoping to see Motorhead in Newport in November and the Shadows final tour in Cardiff in December

ZZ Top should really have more UK tours, and when I say UK tours, I mean including Wales - for some reason, many bands think a "UK Tour" is being around England and one or two venues in Scotland while forgetting they have fans in Wales!

Thank God for Hard Rock Hell in North Wales (AKA Gogland to us South Wailians)

Nightfaery 09-04-2009 05:04 PM

You know as the Tygers of PT cancelled Wigan I am seriously considering going to London to see them in a months time. It's a place called the Bridgehouse II. It's whether I can afford it that's the issue but I am thinking devil may care. Plus London doesn't have the best reputations..

skull 09-05-2009 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Hawke (Post 25228)
I'm going to try and see ZZ Top in Wolverhampton, thankfully for me I can catch a train the whole way there and see them without changing :P

I am also hoping to see Motorhead in Newport in November and the Shadows final tour in Cardiff in December

ZZ Top should really have more UK tours, and when I say UK tours, I mean including Wales - for some reason, many bands think a "UK Tour" is being around England and one or two venues in Scotland while forgetting they have fans in Wales!

Thank God for Hard Rock Hell in North Wales (AKA Gogland to us South Wailians)

you think wales is bad try over here in ireland and youll see how many bands avoid the place.

skull 09-05-2009 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnsaxonfan (Post 25125)
I had my earplugs in for the whole show, but when they went off stage prior to the encore I decided to listen to the last 3 songs without earplugs just to really get the full experience of the power and volume of Motorhead. Oh my god, that was LOOOOUUUUUDDDD! Holy crap! Good thing I had my earplugs in the rest of the time or else I wouldn't be able to hear a thing today!

Great show, pretty standard setlist, in no particular order, and I might be missing a song or two.......
Iron Fist - this was the first song played
Stay Clean
Be My Baby
Rock Out
No Class
Metropolis
Teach You How to Sing the Blues
Another Perfect Day
I Got Mine
Love For Sale
Over the Top
In the Name of Tragedy
Just Cos You Got The Power
Going To Brazil
Killed By Death
Bomber

Encore:
Whorehouse Blues
Ace of Spades
Overkill


Next gig, after giving my ears a rest....Edguy.



im of to see them in nov and tbh im a tad disappointed with that set list

Nightfaery 09-05-2009 03:10 AM

Listen, earplugs at a gig means nothing to me I've had tinitus for all me life so it's like, why the hell bother with trivialities? Is that's a word I dunno... but you know what I mean, if it;s too loud you're TOO OLD HA HA AH HAHA HA!!!! Yeah cliche for someone like me but hey, I hear high and low squeals all me life what ya gonna do I dunno...

riley23 09-05-2009 07:59 PM

Well my mom just got me a ticket to see KISS "Alive 35" Sept 25th at COBO Hall in Detroit. She took me to see them when I was a little one the weekend they recorded the "Alive" album back in the early seventies. This might be cool because this will be the last show at the venue before they tear it down, the only this is Ace and Peter are no longer in the band so the excitment might not be the same, but it should be cool anyway.

Nightfaery 09-05-2009 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riley23 (Post 25261)
Well my mom just got me a ticket to see KISS "Alive 35" Sept 25th at COBO Hall in Detroit. She took me to see them when I was a little one the weekend they recorded the "Alive" album back in the early seventies. This might be cool because this will be the last show at the venue before they tear it down, the only this is Ace and Peter are no longer in the band so the excitment might not be the same, but it should be cool anyway.

Criss scared me. Plus he's not much of a drummer - anymore. So who's the guitarist and drummer then?

mnsaxonfan 09-05-2009 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfaery (Post 25264)
Criss scared me. Plus he's not much of a drummer - anymore. So who's the guitarist and drummer then?

Eric Singer on drums, Tommy Thayer on guitar

thebigredone 09-05-2009 11:07 PM

Just ordered tix for http://www.livewiredc.co.uk/ who are on with http://www.limehouselizzy.co.uk/

A night of nostalgia!

Manchester Academy 19/09/09

Highway Star 09-05-2009 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebigredone (Post 25273)
Just ordered tix for http://www.livewiredc.co.uk/ who are on with http://www.limehouselizzy.co.uk/

A night of nostalgia!

Manchester Academy 19/09/09

you will not regret it!! I saw LiveWire at haverhill, in april, and they were FANTASIC. they play a great mix of old and new, and loads of stuff the real 'DC don't anyomre, and they have cannons!! :D

thebigredone 09-05-2009 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highway Star (Post 25276)
you will not regret it!! I saw LiveWire at haverhill, in april, and they were FANTASIC. they play a great mix of old and new, and loads of stuff the real 'DC don't anyomre, and they have cannons!! :D

Yes...that's the stuff I want to hear! I saw a band called AB/CD about 15 years ago in the early days of tribute bands and they only played Bon stuff. The guy who was Angus was about 6' 5"! Anyone on here remember them?

I've seen pics of the cannons...do they carry 'em in a suitcase? :D

Did you hear about this? http://edlivewire.proboards.com/inde...ay&thread=2330

papadoc 09-06-2009 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebigredone (Post 25278)
Yes...that's the stuff I want to hear! I saw a band called AB/CD about 15 years ago in the early days of tribute bands and they only played Bon stuff. The guy who was Angus was about 6' 5"! Anyone on here remember them?

I've seen pics of the cannons...do they carry 'em in a suitcase? :D

Did you hear about this? http://edlivewire.proboards.com/inde...ay&thread=2330

I remember seeing AB/CD when they opened for the Stereophonics at Morfa Stadium in Swansea about 10 years or so ago, they got the day off to a good start.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.