Official Saxon Forum

Official Saxon Forum (http://forum.saxon747.com/index.php)
-   Smalltalk & Spam (http://forum.saxon747.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Whats the next gig you're going to? (http://forum.saxon747.com/showthread.php?t=3001)

Highway Star 05-27-2009 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayson73 (Post 22480)
Is that at the Regent? Never really got into Floyd's music, but as it's local I might go

Yeah, it is the regent, 4 & 5 of july 28. I would really recommend it!!! :)
Hey, if you don't like the music, you can see the great light show, which is fantastic, lasers bilnding lights, etc!!! brill :D

battle cry 06-04-2009 06:10 PM

blaze bayley 5th june yorkshire house lancaster. then ufo 20th june manchester academy 2.

J-Hawke 06-05-2009 05:00 PM

I was going to go to the Download Festival but sadly I do not have enough cash (It wasn't the ticket that was expensive, it is the cost of getting there on train and staying two nights), I really wanted to see ZZ Top, Def Leppard, Whitesnake, Dream Theater and Journey live (They were taunted on some artsy sunday times suppliment being called "Geriatrics", stupid indie kids)

If anyone is going to the Download Festival, have a great time, I wish I was there

XRWoody 06-10-2009 10:43 AM

Went to see Black Stone Cherry last night;

Support was Heavens Basement who were an OK support band, nothing more nothing less in my view. If anyone wondered what Adam Ant was doing these days he seems to be the frontman with this lot ;)

BSC - Not bad actually, started off well, a lot of it sounded the same to me but there was some much needed varierty mixed in.
Then towards the end they lost the plot, am unwanted drum solo went on far, far, too long and was, frankly, boring, I nearly left. Then they started messing around and they really did loose the plot. They finaly and eventually got their act together and they finished OK, even mixed in a bit of Hendrix (how original) for good measure.
Would I go again, probably not, was it worth going last night ?, yes, just.

Highway Star 06-10-2009 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XRWoody (Post 22937)
Went to see Black Stone Cherry last night;

Support was Heavens Basement who were an OK support band, nothing more nothing less in my view. If anyone wondered what Adam Ant was doing these days he seems to be the frontman with this lot ;)

BSC - Not bad actually, started off well, a lt of it sounded the same to me but there was some much needed varierty mixed in.
Then towards the end they lost the plot, am unwanted drum solo went on far, far, too long and was, frankly, boring, I nearly left. Then they started messing around and they really did loose the plot. They finaly and eventually got their act together and they finished OK, even mixed in a bit of Hendrix (how original) for good measure.
Would I go again, probably not, was it worth going last night ?, yes, just.

Hmm interesting review... I have heard a lot of mixed comments about BSC live, but i hope to see them in october, so i can see them for myself... :cool:

Hazel1558 06-17-2009 12:43 AM

After just coming back from Metal Hammer Golden Gods I am off to see UFO on Saturday in Manchester. Really looking forward to it :)

PERMISSION2ROCK 06-20-2009 02:25 AM

Same UFO tomorrow in Manchester then getting ready for the possible trip to Madrid woohoo lol

Nobby 06-25-2009 04:52 PM

Chickenfoot tonight !!

midnightrider 07-05-2009 10:14 AM

Oasis Wembley Stadium

Highway Star 07-05-2009 04:05 PM

wow!!!

Im going there in August to see U2

caflyergirl 07-05-2009 05:45 PM

Saxon in San Antonio, Texas on 22nd August :)

Janet 07-05-2009 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caflyergirl (Post 23697)
Saxon in San Antonio, Texas on 22nd August :)

Why does San Antonio get to see them twice? :rolleyes: What venue are they playing? That's a Saturday. I wonder if I can pull that off. hmmm.

caflyergirl 07-05-2009 07:59 PM

[QUOTE=Janet;23698]Why does San Antonio get to see them twice? :rolleyes: What venue are they playing? That's a Saturday. I wonder if I can pull that off. hmmm.[/QUOTE

San Antonio has always had a really big Saxon following. They are schedule to play Sunken Gardens again, which is also a venue they really like :)

riley23 07-05-2009 10:13 PM

Mayhem Festival (M. Manson, Slayer, Behemoth, Cannibal Corpse, Trivium and more) August 2nd

&

Motorhead Sept 1st

J.D.DIAMOND 07-06-2009 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riley23 (Post 23701)
Mayhem Festival (M. Manson, Slayer, Behemoth, Cannibal Corpse, Trivium and more) August 2nd

&

Motorhead Sept 1st

Hey riley....I see that you are going to Motorhead in Detroit.....

I want to see them in Seattle on October 2nd Friday night...but I can't seem to find out what the cheapest tickets will be? I saw a floor ticket for $270.00 bucks and there is no way in hell that I would pay that kind of money.....not even our own "Saxon" I wouldn't pay that much......

So how much is your tickets if you've already bought them?

mnsaxonfan 07-06-2009 02:40 AM

[QUOTE=caflyergirl;23699]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet (Post 23698)
Why does San Antonio get to see them twice? :rolleyes: What venue are they playing? That's a Saturday. I wonder if I can pull that off. hmmm.[/QUOTE

San Antonio has always had a really big Saxon following. They are schedule to play Sunken Gardens again, which is also a venue they really like :)

Where did you even hear about this gig? I haven't seen it listed on the website, or the my space site, or on ticketmaster? I wish that the people in charge would do a better job of getting these dates made public.

Regardless, after REALLY enjoying Whitesnake/Judas Priest on July 3rd, my next gig is to see SAXON at Rock Gone Wild on August 20th. Will be my first ever Saxon show, can't wait! :D

Janet 07-06-2009 03:15 AM

I found out from Caflyergirl's post above. You're right. It's not on Saxon's site. It's not on Ticketmaster and it's not on the venue's site either. I looked into flights and I can score this with car rental for under $210 but the airfare is non refundable. If I knew show tickets were on sale I would probably book it. I tend to trust this one due to the source and because the Iowa show is only two days prior but until the venue lists the show I don't want to commit to airline tickets.

caflyergirl 07-06-2009 09:44 AM

It's on the promoters website.....www.nikitaproductionsinc.com

And my hubby confirmed it. Generally speaking, once he tells me it's a go it usually is. But that said, I would hate for someone to buy tickets to go see them somewhere and travel to do it based on something I've posted, only to have the show fall through...that's been known to happen. I have been told it's a go, but my family is all in Texas so it's a trip home for me as well.

Janet 07-07-2009 10:15 PM

Good news. I just spoke with Mark Jenkins at the Sunken Gardens theater in San Antonio and he has confirmed that the plan is to have Saxon there on August 22. Tickets are on sale through the promoters website (although for some reason that site won't fully load for me, figures!) So the show is a go at this point. :)

Warning: Never put ideas in Janet's head. She finds ways to make them work. :rolleyes:

Janet 07-08-2009 03:10 AM

Better news. I'm going. Got it all booked. :D

caflyergirl 07-09-2009 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet (Post 23746)
Better news. I'm going. Got it all booked. :D

That's great!! I usually watch the show from the sound booth, although for this one I may not, as my entire family are coming, including my parents(they've never seen the band!) as well as scores of friends so we may not all fit in there, haha.

But if I am come by and say Hi, always nice to meet people from the forum :)

hmthunder 07-10-2009 02:04 PM

Where i will be next is from 23.-25.07. at the HOA-
Headbangers Open Air in Germany, near Elmshorn.
It is a small festival with noth much more than 2000
visitors, but so easy, so easy...
Who is playing there? Here are some of the bands :
Tank, Q5, Vicious Rumours, Exxplorer, Helstar,
Pretty Maids, Manilla Road, Cloven Hoof, Tankard,
Killers, Angel Witch, The Rods, Razor

Is it not a shame, not to be there? ;)
Ticket got for 40,-- only (sold out long before)

Adios, Achim (hmthunder)

battle cry 07-10-2009 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hmthunder (Post 23840)

Adios, Achim (hmthunder)

that is a line up worthy of seeing Q5 touring. wish i :mad:was there

riley23 07-10-2009 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hmthunder (Post 23840)

Adios, Achim (hmthunder)

WOW, what an old school line-up....Very cool...

hmthunder 07-10-2009 09:12 PM

Hey guys,
take a look at their site : headbangers-open-air.de,
this is the best festival in germany for me, not only
due to the bands but also the whole atmosphere,
very cool and easy, the best for an old man like me :)

By the way, some of the first confirmed bands for 2010
(to make you kneeing again) :
Battleaxe, Jag Panzer, Omen, Raven, Rock Goddess
and Virgin Steele.

Adios, Achim (hmthunder)

Liquid Drum Theater 07-27-2009 12:49 AM

Metalfest at JB's, Dudley - 25th Sept (mainly going to see Blaze Bayley)

:)

XRWoody 08-11-2009 01:53 PM

Saxon & Deep Purple in November :)

Bring it on

riley23 08-11-2009 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XRWoody (Post 24630)
Saxon & Deep Purple in November :)

Bring it on

I love Purple but haven't followed them lately, who is in the band now?

Klingonbear 08-11-2009 05:50 PM

UFO - October 7th
Sonata Arctica - October 13th
Revolting Cocks - October 14th

Mayhem was a good gig a few days ago, but we bailed before Marilyn Manson, so that was always going to improve things for me. Slayer, Behemoth, Killswitch Engage, Job For A Cowboy and Whitechapel were all pretty darned good - especially for $20 (about 14 quid).

riley23 08-11-2009 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klingonbear (Post 24636)
UFO - October 7th
Sonata Arctica - October 13th
Revolting Cocks - October 14th

Mayhem was a good gig a few days ago, but we bailed before Marilyn Manson, so that was always going to improve things for me. Slayer, Behemoth, Killswitch Engage, Job For A Cowboy and Whitechapel were all pretty darned good - especially for $20 (about 14 quid).

Hey Klinonbear, I was at Mayhem last Sunday here in Detroit, I loved it. My favorites of the day were Behemoth, Cannibal Corpse, Mushroomhead (Who took the place of Bullet For My Valentine), Job For A Cowboy and of course Slayer. I didn't like how Behemoth, Trivium and Cannibal Corpse went on back-to-badk, I only got to see 2 songs from Trivium.

Princess of the Night747 08-11-2009 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by battle cry (Post 23845)
that is a line up worthy of seeing Q5 touring. wish i :mad:was there

#
Whose Q5 again, are they that American band that were NightShade orsomething.

ARe Angel Witch and Tank etc at next year's HOA??

Gigs Ive got lined up are:-

FromSeptemebr onwards,I will be seeing:-

Y & T
MAGNUM
GIRLSCHOOL + MOTORHEAD
SAXON
THE ANSWER
DEEP PURPLE
HAWKWIND

think there's a few others but cant remember.

Princess of the Night747 08-11-2009 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liquid Drum Theater (Post 24137)
Metalfest at JB's, Dudley - 25th Sept (mainly going to see Blaze Bayley)

:)

Saw Blaze about a year ago -that was a superb gig - Voodoo 6 supported - and they were SUPERB.

XRWoody 08-12-2009 02:10 AM

To my knowledge Q5 had two albums, the utterly brilliant "Steel The Light" and the utterly crap "When The Mirror Breaks".

MartyWalker 08-12-2009 07:03 AM

Is that the same Killers from Switzerland, who had a couple of great albums in the early 80's.

Marty

hmthunder 08-12-2009 10:27 AM

It were the french Killers, also with some great stuff,

but due to my shame i have missed them :rolleyes:
Was at our campground at this time with a beer only...
The people who has seen them said they have done
a brilliant show...

Adios, Achim (hmthunder)

If there is a festival with so much good bands it is a shame,
but there are ever some bands that i will miss, if you
know what i mean :p

Q5 : they i have seen, they was okay, but not the band
where i have been there for.

J.D.DIAMOND 08-12-2009 02:24 PM

My girlfriend and I are going to MOTORHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
October 2nd Showbox Sodo in Seattle Washington!!!!!!!!!!!!

Riley....I forgot when your Motorhead date was...I know its before ours....

mnsaxonfan 08-12-2009 04:13 PM

Hey JD, I too am going to see Motorhead! My show is on August 28th at First Ave. in Minneapolis. After that, my next show is Edguy in St Paul on Sept 15th.

There are a lot of other good shows in the Minneapolis area that I just can't make it to. The Answer, Primal Fear, Pagan's Mind, etc etc.

The Edguy show is at a venue named Station-4, this place is a small bar that brings in a lot of metal bands. Last year they had the Hellish Rock (Helloween/Gamma Ray) show, they also had Iced Earth last year, they also have a lot of black metal and death metal shows too. JD, I think you would really enjoy this venue and the bands they get (eg. Absu was there earlier this year). There's a local promoter who is a big metal fan that works hard to bring acts into the area that would otherwise never make it here: http://www.myspace.com/swordlord

Jayson73 08-12-2009 11:10 PM

Just put my tent and rucksack in back of my car, off to Bloodstock tomorrow :)

J.D.DIAMOND 08-12-2009 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnsaxonfan (Post 24668)
Hey JD, I too am going to see Motorhead! My show is on August 28th at First Ave. in Minneapolis. After that, my next show is Edguy in St Paul on Sept 15th.

There are a lot of other good shows in the Minneapolis area that I just can't make it to. The Answer, Primal Fear, Pagan's Mind, etc etc.

The Edguy show is at a venue named Station-4, this place is a small bar that brings in a lot of metal bands. Last year they had the Hellish Rock (Helloween/Gamma Ray) show, they also had Iced Earth last year, they also have a lot of black metal and death metal shows too. JD, I think you would really enjoy this venue and the bands they get (eg. Absu was there earlier this year). There's a local promoter who is a big metal fan that works hard to bring acts into the area that would otherwise never make it here: http://www.myspace.com/swordlord

Hey wow mnSaxonfan...that Station-4 place sounds cool man!
Sounds like they have a lot of underground metal shows...thats good to see.....Absu was in Seattle in June but I had no vacation time left at work and I had to work that night...if I miss one day I basically lose about $150.00 bucks so I had to skip it,but hopefully Absu will be back again.

And good for that promoter you mentioned...that is cool to see people out there who are passionate about underground/or unpopular metal bands out there. Be sure to give us an update on the Motorhead show bro...I haven't even seen thier set list yet but I'm sure Lemmy and company will be cranking out classics!

Dirkster 08-13-2009 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayson73 (Post 24676)
Just put my tent and rucksack in back of my car, off to Bloodstock tomorrow :)

Bloodstock for me too, just sorted out my camping stuff, travelling down friday morning, can't wait. Hoping to meet Saxon at the signing tent as well as seeing them play.