Official Saxon Forum

Official Saxon Forum (http://forum.saxon747.com/index.php)
-   Gig Reviews (http://forum.saxon747.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Manchester Academy 2- May 3rd (http://forum.saxon747.com/showthread.php?t=2946)

DannyBullet! 05-04-2009 04:56 AM

Manchester Academy 2- May 3rd

Tells us what you thought, I saw them for the second time, met some random tall guy, caught a stick and 2 picks...

If you are a really tall guy and you think you are who I am talking about, let me know!

:cool:

wayne 05-04-2009 11:23 AM

It was my and my wifes first saxon gig it was great but they must play academy 1 next time could not move in there can't wait till our next saxon gig.

N B 05-04-2009 02:08 PM

hi, was at manchester last night sold out again,i thought sweet savage were very good from the tracks that they played,doro i wasn't sure about but she won me over and i thought they were excellent after the first couple of songs and she can't half sing! then THE MIGHTY SAXON i have seen these guys since 1980 yes i am that old! and must say they have taken themselves to another level they were brilliant last night the best i have seen them,if these guys are not the best metal live act in europe then i don't now who is!i hope the band read this as i would like to say a massive THANK'S FOR A FANTASTIC NIGHT see you again soon.:D

19exotic 05-04-2009 02:13 PM

Fantastic gig - I've checked my dates & last time I saw them was 1990 for the 10th anniversary tour.

It certainly won't be so long again!

Axionknight 05-04-2009 02:44 PM

Amazing concert, I couldn't believe it when they played Dallas, and Crusader, god what a show - it was pretty warm in there though, I had to ditch one of my t shirts after, felt like I'd been in a shower!

Cheers to everyone up front having fun, the moment anyone fell over/struggled people were being helpful, picking each other up and such forth - great to see, don't want anyone to get hurt!

Cheers to the guy who gave me half of a bottle of water Biff chucked and he caught too, haha, was wearing a camo Joe Satriani shirt, IIRC.

Bottom line: Another amazing gig by an amazing band, :D

simon 1967 05-04-2009 03:45 PM

manchester set list

fantastic show as to be expected, sets list as follows
batallions of steel
heavy metal thunder
demon sweeney todd
the letter
valley of the kings
hellcat
dallas 1pm
power and the glory
ride like the wind
wheels of steel
bands played on
never surrender
princess of the night
witchfinder general
strong arm of the law

i had traveled up from wolverhampton to see the show and got back into wolverhampton
at 435 am, very tired but very happy i had made the effort.

Axionknight 05-04-2009 04:06 PM

They played Crusader towards the end of the set too, dude! :D Amazing song too.

MartyWalker 05-04-2009 06:05 PM

Make sure you vote "SAXON"

Quote:

Originally Posted by N B (Post 21206)
hi, was at manchester last night sold out again,i thought sweet savage were very good from the tracks that they played,doro i wasn't sure about but she won me over and i thought they were excellent after the first couple of songs and she can't half sing! then THE MIGHTY SAXON i have seen these guys since 1980 yes i am that old! and must say they have taken themselves to another level they were brilliant last night the best i have seen them,if these guys are not the best metal live act in europe then i don't now who is!i hope the band read this as i would like to say a massive THANK'S FOR A FANTASTIC NIGHT see you again soon.:D

You called them the best live act and band. On the sites main page they have a plug for going to vote for Saxon as the Top Band in the UK. Click it and vote many times. I do. It lets me vote as much as I want. Just come back after a bit and vote again. It's about time Saxon gets top billing over some of these other bands. Nobody workers harder, night after night, days on end the tour and work. Please, everybody really start voting for Saxon. Thanks. Marty

N B 05-04-2009 06:29 PM

hi, allready on the vote saxon case :D

Hazel1558 05-04-2009 06:53 PM

This was awesome the set list was awesome loved the way they scrapped the original setlist and took requests lol. Brilliant atmosphere.
These guys deserve more cred for their music they are by far up their with the best and are the best. They have still got it and are getting better and better.

It was great to meet them and have a quick chat and some photos :D