Official Saxon Forum

Official Saxon Forum (http://forum.saxon747.com/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.saxon747.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Still Wearing Denim & Leather in Pittsburgh! (http://forum.saxon747.com/showthread.php?t=5624)

Fred H 02-25-2013 03:48 AM

Still Wearing Denim & Leather in Pittsburgh!

Greetings to all from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA! So glad to be in touch with other Saxon fans. I think I first became aware of Saxon through an album around 1980 that was a Castle Donnington compilation. A couple of tracks from Rainbow (Graham Bonnet on vocals), Trust, Saxon, and others that I can't remember. I recall that "Back To the Wall" was on it. Not sure what else, but I was hooked! My albums and cassettes have taken a back seat to mp3s on an iPod -- Saxon is still well-represented in my collection. My only regret is that my once long hair has betrayed me and ended up going down the shower drain, much like my dreams of being a metal bass player! Cheers, all.

Fred H 02-25-2013 03:51 AM

Correction

I just found a picture of that Donnington album cover. It was Touch, not Trust. I believe the track was "Don't You Know What Love Is?"

rocksteve 02-25-2013 05:55 AM

A Classic!! Although Judas Priest was on the bill, there live stuff was never on the record. This was the complete record at the time. My kids have grown up on the 2 live Scorpions tunes.

Rainbow -Stargazer 8:21
Scorpions-Loving You Sunday Morning 4:58
Scorpions-Another Piece Of Meat 4:43
Saxon-Backs To The Wall 3:29
Rainbow-All Night Long 7:58
April Wine-I Like To Rock 3:58
Touch-Don't Ya Know What Love Is? 3:55
Riot-Road Racin' 7:23

PunkTexas 02-25-2013 06:37 AM

Welcome to the forum Fred H. I think the Castle Donnington compilation was the first time I heard Saxon too. I saw them a couple of times in the early 80s ( I was an up front fanatic ) .... bought and proudly wore the tour shirts too. Sadly I lost touch with Saxon after Crusadrer but rediscover them in 2009. I can't get enough Saxon and my love for the band keeps growing. I noticed my membership name says senior member ( only been here 2 years) but I give BIG props to the guys and gals that have been with the band from the 80s. I love seeing new blood on the forum. This is going to be a BIG year for Saxon.

Fred H 02-25-2013 10:58 PM

My thanks to PunkTexas and rocksteve for their warmth. I'm so glad to be on here with all of you.

747rick 02-26-2013 08:04 PM

[QUOTE=PunkTexas;48742] I noticed my membership name says senior member ( only been here 2 years)

Firstly, welcome Fred H. It's great to have you here. I too have the Donington album, always a great listen :)

Punk, you become a senior member when you have posted 100 comments or more :)

Fred H 02-27-2013 03:59 AM

Thanks so much, 747rick! I appreciate the kindness.

PunkTexas 02-27-2013 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 747rick (Post 48849)

Punk, you become a senior member when you have posted 100 comments or more :)

Cool. I'm definitely tryin' to make up for lost time. :)

Rick is there anyway I can talk you in to sending me a picture of your Saxon collection?

Husky 02-27-2013 01:45 PM

Saxon is still well-represented in my collection. My only regret is that my once long hair has betrayed me and ended up going down the shower drain, much like my dreams of being a metal bass player! Cheers, all.[/QUOTE]

Hi Fred, welcome to the Forum from Germany.:)

Nice Saxon remaind in your collection.
Sorry for your hair.
Perhaos dreams come back and come true.;)

Wolfie 02-27-2013 02:01 PM

Hi Fred and welcome to the mad house ;)

Dont worry about the hair loss, mine went ages ago and never give up on your dreams \m/