Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Smalltalk & Spam
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2012, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747rick View Post
Well OK you got me there!! but you get my drift. I'm sick of money being wasted when so much needs to be done that might actually make a positive difference rather than false economics and quick fixes and bloody stupid grants for stuff we do not need such as the piece of artwork/sculpture for the Olympics that needed planning permission but the council failed to check that before commissioning the piece which cost over a million pounds. It will now probably not be installed in time for the games. The point is, regardless of whether it will be there or not, is that it wasn't needed anyway!!
Every country who has hosted it has lost money no matter what bollocks they say. It was merely an ego trip for Blair and Livingstone which has been continued by the present leaders. It makes me sick. And then they get that diving cheat Drogba to carry the flame. Footballers are the underbelly of sport.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionessheart View Post
Every country who has hosted it has lost money no matter what bollocks they say. It was merely an ego trip for Blair and Livingstone which has been continued by the present leaders. It makes me sick. And then they get that diving cheat Drogba to carry the flame. Footballers are the underbelly of sport.
Agreed, but it would also have undoubtedly been an ego trip for Cameron, May, Osbourne and Buffoon Boris if they had been there first! Whatever way you look at it and whatever side of the fence you sit on, politicians are all the same. They all have mighty ideas and dreams but when they get into office they soon find out they cannot do any of it thanks to Whitehall regulations and red tape, fall into line, spout a load of pretentious crap and we all suffer because of it.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:22 AM

Thumbs up

Jeremy clarkson for prime minister .
Old 05-24-2012, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zed1015 View Post
Jeremy clarkson for prime minister .
While there is a certain part of me that likes that idea, he's a Tory so the rest of me says No Thanks!!
Old 05-24-2012, 05:16 PM

I can name very few who I feel I can trust, one is Anne Widdicome because she use to tell John Major if she disagreed with a party policy the (then) government was following and I feel I can trust Boris Johnson because he does try to distant himself from Camoron (I shouldn't refer Cameron as a "Moron" because it is offensive to Morons everywhere)

I cannot trust Labour, Liberals or Torys, all three gave us the right royal screwup, with the first two allowing fanatics into our country with the intention of killing and converting everybody into their religion and defending a human rights charted that favors criminals and the latter allowing thieves to run banks but all three want to run our lives by telling us what to do, councils are filled with jobsworths who justify themselves using a variety of cards to use (environmentalism and the "Its offensive" is two examples) - money is spent on this simply to make those in power feel good

I think everyone has good and bad ideas, sadly each ideology thinks their ideas are all good ideas (I hate the idea of ideologies, I think we would be better off with objectivism)

Stalk me on LastFM
Old 05-24-2012, 05:27 PM

Beer,Metal,Naked women!!!!!

Just thought i would bring things back to normal.Getting far to serious on here.lol
Old 05-24-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrider View Post

Just thought i would bring things back to normal.Getting far to serious on here.lol
Best idea by far, I shall vote for you as our next PM

Stalk me on LastFM
Old 05-24-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrider View Post

Well 747rick did mention a naked Gillian Anderson when he started the thread, so he's a true rocker at heart
Old 05-24-2012, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionessheart View Post
Well 747rick did mention a naked Gillian Anderson when he started the thread, so he's a true rocker at heart
Thankyou

The last thing I'll say though is, sorry J-Hawke but Boris is just a waste of space. I have trouble remembering the last time he actually completed a coherant sentence. The only reason he tries to distance himself from Eton Boy is the fact that he's probably forgotten who Cameron is and what day of the week it is. But as long as he can mention Bendy-Buses and pedalling machines (bikes to the rest of us) every five minutes then I'm sure London is in good hands!!!

Oh and I second Graham for PM if the Party can be called Beer, Metal & Naked Women and the Cabinet can be made up of just that. It would make Prime Minister's Questions a lot more interesting

Last edited by 747rick; 05-24-2012 at 06:46 PM.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:47 PM

Not only will it be the name of the party,it will be the only manifesto.lol