Old 01-08-2011, 05:11 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Schämsz

another one is van halen of course

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_lwocmL9dQ

eruption solo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgTgb...eature=related

aint talk about love

The Drummer has Landed

Last edited by Schämsz; 01-09-2011 at 01:48 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Saxon
Def Leppard (that 1st album kicks ass)
Fully agree about the first album, the songwriting was great, especially the last song, Overture, (if you search youtube, you can even hear stuff from the rare E.P.), I wish Def Leppard would return to their roots (looks like Joe Elliott is concentrating with his new band "Down 'n' Outz")

Stalk me on LastFM
Old 01-09-2011, 01:21 AM

i dont think their fans would like a return to early sound, def lep are so far round the bend theres no turning back, and it baffles me why they are playing at rock/metal festivals when they have next to nothing in common with the other bands, they are no more than a pop band and have been for over 25 years,and as Biff said about 2 years ago lep cant hold a metal audience, someone said here recently The great Ronnie James Dio once called them a shit of a band , true words indeed. so it wouldnt bother me if lep packed it in and dissappeared
Old 01-09-2011, 01:54 AM

Thinking back to some of the bands I used to go and see in the early 80's.
Apart from the obvious, Priest, Motorhead, Saxon etc....

Vardis
Tank
Demon
Tygers of Pan Tang
Angel Witch
Diamond Head

What a great few years it was to be a teenager. Remember one week seeing Priest, Hawkwind (or Hawklords as they were then) and I think it was Motorhead all within around a week of each other.
There was always someone to go and see at the Liverpool Empire, Royal Court or Manchester Apollo and only around £3 - £5 a ticket
Old 01-15-2011, 10:40 PM

I was wondering if people considers NWOBHM a sub-genre or a musical movement (or even both)

I see it as both, if you play music of a NWOBHM band I never heard before, I usually ask "Is that a NWOBHM band?"

Stalk me on LastFM
Old 01-17-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Hawke View Post
I was wondering if people considers NWOBHM a sub-genre or a musical movement (or even both)

I see it as both, if you play music of a NWOBHM band I never heard before, I usually ask "Is that a NWOBHM band?"
NWoBHM was originally, primarily, to differenciate between fast rock music and Punk.
I now consider it a way of life
Old 01-17-2011, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonthegreat View Post
i dont think their fans would like a return to early sound, def lep are so far round the bend theres no turning back, and it baffles me why they are playing at rock/metal festivals when they have next to nothing in common with the other bands, they are no more than a pop band and have been for over 25 years,and as Biff said about 2 years ago lep cant hold a metal audience, someone said here recently The great Ronnie James Dio once called them a shit of a band , true words indeed. so it wouldnt bother me if lep packed it in and dissappeared
Dio called them a "diarrhea rock band"!
Old 01-17-2011, 10:29 PM

Angelwitch : I only know 'the sweet danger' song and Def : hello America..Def ...yeah once they where a great band...
Old 01-18-2011, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRWoody View Post
NWoBHM was originally, primarily, to differenciate between fast rock music and Punk.
I now consider it a way of life
I always thought that NWOBHM bands are generally faster and punk-ier (without becoming Punk Metal) than Heavy metal bands.

I am not really sure if Motorhead can be called NWOBHM, granted it is fast, I hear people call it NWOBHM and it is in Wikipedia (in the NWOBHM page, not the Motorhead one), I generally see it as Speed Metal

Anyhoot, NWOBHM is my favorite sub-genre of metal and I am really glad that there are newer bands like Dark Forest UK (which has the guitarist from Cloven Hoof) that are trying to revive the old spirit

Stalk me on LastFM
Old 01-18-2011, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat of Peace View Post
Dio called them a "diarrhea rock band"!
This is interesting speaking about Dio and Def Leppard

To me Def Leppard started to show signs since Hysteria that they are changes but by X, it went downhill from there (although I did enjoy their cover album Yeah!)

Stalk me on LastFM