Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Smalltalk & Spam
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2008, 03:22 PM

Send a message via MSN to Philthy Phil
Default New Guy McCoy Torme album

Due for release November 17, Evil Twin is no ordinary 'second record' - packing a massive punch with raucous opener 'Punko Rocco' (feat. Twisted Sister's Dee Snider!),
it takes you on a sonic journey straight into the title track - involving ragga beats & tabla percussion before it smashes you in the guts with the lyric "You trouble trouble before trouble troubles you..."

GMT prove that with a basic 3-piece band, you can still do unheard of things - one minute it's a white-knuckle rollercoaster ride,
with Robin doing his best 'Keith Moon' on "You Can't Hold Me", then next stop is an epic blues-based tale ('Perfumed Garden') invoking the Dartford Tunnel...

There's even an ode to bassist John McCoy closing the album in true sing-a-long style - GMT prove they have the songs, style & humour

The track listing is as follows:

1 Punko Rocco (featuring Dee Snider)
2 Bullet In The Brain
3 Evil Twin
4 You Can't Hold Me
5 One Of These Days
6 Jonny Sitar
7 Holy Roller
8 Wheel Of Fortune
9 Perfumed Garden
10 The Humours Of Mr McCoy

Guests on the album include Dee Snider, Colin Towns and Kuljit Bhamra.

.........and this from Blabbermouth

GUY-MCCOY-TORME: 'Evil Twin' Release Date Announced - Oct. 15, 2008

GUY-MCCOY-TORME (GMT) — which features in its ranks Irish guitarist Bernie Torme (GILLAN, OZZY OSBOURNE), along with his old compadre from GILLAN, bassist John McCoy (who has worked with Joey Belladonna, SAMSON, and the UK SUBS, among others) and drummer Robin Guy (whose credentials include FAITH NO MORE and BRUCE DICKINSON) — has set a November 17 release date for its sophomore album, titled "Evil Twin".

The CD will be available for pre-order at http://www.gmtrocks.com/gmtorder.html

GUY-MCCOY-TORME recently secured a deal with Koch Distribution for the U.S. release of "Evil Twin".

In a recent interview, Bernie Torme stated the songwriting process for "Evil Twin", "It's going great! I haven't any really stand-out favorites yet because I try to avoid it, to be honest, up until the point of the mixes because at that point it becomes… working on tracks that you're not keen on becomes very difficult. I try to kind of hold judgement on that, and any tracks that I'm consciously not that keen on I try to work harder on to try and make them good. Because, you know, in terms of the 'Bitter & Twisted' album, the two tracks we had an enormous amount of problems on was the title track and 'Miss the Buzz'. Now both of those tracks turned out rather well, but I think if you'd have asked either John or me about them before completion we'd have gone, 'Oh dear…' It's hard to tell. It's sort of like having children; you try and treat them all with an even hand."

Old 10-26-2008, 01:55 AM

Send a message via MSN to Philthy Phil

Pre-orders available now including the first 100 being signed from http://gmtrocks.com/gmtorder.html