Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Saxon General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2016, 04:22 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candlemass View Post
Need to get "The Eagle Has Landed III", think that has quite a bit from the newer era...
No, it hasn't; I have that double album.
Disc 2 has more newer stuff, but disc 1 is old stuff up until Crusader.

The Eagle Has Landed part II, however does have most of the newer era from Dogs Of War, Solid Ball Of Rock and Forever Free.
You can look for the tracklisting, but off the top of my head it has: Princess Of The Night, Crusader, Denim And Leather, Solid Ball Of Rock, Lights In The Sky, Refugee, Can't Stop Rockin', Iron Wheels, Forever Free, Ain't Gonna Take It, Dogs Of War, Demolition Alley/Wheels Of Steel, The Great White Buffalo.

This Live-album was released in 1996, so it's not that new.
Maybe two years ago, after the release of Sacrifice, there was also a live-album with even newer stuff on it.
And of course the seventh of october the CD/DVD package Let Me Feel Your Power with four tracks of Battering Ram.
Old 09-17-2016, 01:04 AM

I have II, and I don't really consider that the newer stuff, more interested in "Unleash" and forward. I looked at the track list for III, it has quite a bit from "Lionheart", good enough for me!
Old 09-17-2016, 11:52 AM

Yes, "The Eagle Has Landed III" album contains two CDs, the older stuff from " the night out with the boys"tour on the first, the newer, from the "Lionheart" tour on the second.

@hmthunder: Fingers grossed for the lotterie

I, too would like to hear everything, new stuff, but if they wouldn´t play Crusader, Princess Of the Night, Wheels Of Steel, I would miss them.
What about one song of each album?
Old 09-17-2016, 01:26 PM

I could live w/out those, at least for one tour...w/a dvd/double cd release!
Old 09-17-2016, 05:08 PM

Quote:
I could live w/out those, at least for one tour...w/a dvd/double cd release!
Yes, I agree. A show with most of it from the new Saxon era.
And if they play only a handfull of old songs, I'd like them to play obscure tracks like Taking Your Chances, Judgement Day, Militia Guard, Out Of Control, Rough And Ready, Nightmare, Midas Touch..

Speaking of Eagle Has Landed III; on disc one they put less predictable choices of the old songs and like some of you mentioned on disc two a lot of songs of Lionheart.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:07 AM

As a live band, Saxon are better now than they ever were but I grew up in the 80's as a teenager and bought all the Saxon albums as they came out.

Nothing touches Power & The Glory for me, that's my favourite, also albums like Denim & Leather, Strong Arm Of The Law, Wheels Of Steel are bonafide classics and I've played them all to death over the years.

Total respect to Graham & Steve for what they did in Saxon but I have no desire to see them perform again with Biff, Nigel & Paul.

The actual Oliver/Dawson band sound terrible in my opinion, although the Son Of A Bitch album they released is great, it's just their versions of Saxon songs I don't like, the singing is pants.
Old 09-19-2016, 10:27 PM

Default No reunion

I went to the gig in Italy on June 2000, and I believe that were Saxon (the original ones with Metalhead Album) play....most of the Italian radio ask some questions about metalhead album to win tickets...
In the reality we assist at the ODS 's gig.

SIMPLY AWFUL!!!

NO REUNION....Forever free
Old 09-24-2016, 02:22 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Janet

Quote:
Something I've noticed I find puzzling, it seems most of us here agree that the current line-up of Saxon is the best, and that the albums they've been releasing are among the best in metal...so why is so little of it played live? From the show I saw last year, to the "Warriors of the Road" dvd/cd I just got, to all the shows I've seen on youtube...the lion's share of the shows consist of the old classics. Remember how Iron Maiden did their "Somewhere Back in Time Tour?" Playing nothing but all the old classics, mostly because their current material can't hold a candle to that, well, Saxon should have a "Somewhere in Recent Time Tour." Playing nothing but material from "Unleash the Beast" to "Battering Ram", which in my bloated-self absorbent-narcissistic opinion, far exceeds the "glory days!"

Just...don't even go there.
Old 09-24-2016, 04:12 AM

Old 11-04-2016, 10:58 AM

Well, I'll be getting a taste of ODS at TitanFest 2016 on 19th Nov, so that'll be interesting, as I'll have not long seen the real deal this coming Saturday.
Although I can't imagine it will be a fair contest!