Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Saxon General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-12-2016, 04:57 PM
Candlemass's Avatar
Candlemass Candlemass is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Cleveland, Oh
Posts: 85
Default Oliver/Dawson/Saxon

From the few clips I've heard from them, I have little to no interest in them. I've seen folks asking about a "Classic Saxon Re-Union"...which begs the question why, why would anyone want that? The best line-up is the one they currently have, since Doug has joined the band they've been releasing one killer lp after another! On par w/the best of 'em, "Lionheart" is so good it is on par w/"Holy Diver", "Diary of a Madman", "Piece of Mind", "Heaven and Hell"...heck it's so bloody good it's "Stained Class!" If the "Classic Line-Up" was so good there would've been no need to re-record the classic songs, save for they sound better now...This is the "Classic Saxon Line-Up!"
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-12-2016, 05:25 PM
hmthunder's Avatar
hmthunder hmthunder is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mülheim-Ruhr, Germany
Posts: 283
Default

You are definitly right, the actual line-up is the best ever.
All i can say about ODS, they are very nice guys and they
make a good party on stage with all the old songs...
(Have seen and spoken them this year and 2014 at HOA)
Mr. Oliver is still a good guitar-player but Doug and
of course Paul will beat him in every case. And Mr. Dawson
has no chance against Nibbs.

By the way i think there are really not much people who think of a re-union with OD

See ya on the road, hmthunder
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-12-2016, 07:15 PM
Candlemass's Avatar
Candlemass Candlemass is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Cleveland, Oh
Posts: 85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmthunder View Post
All i can say about ODS, they are very nice guys and they
make a good party on stage with all the old songs...
"Back woods pig roast ten kegger biker party!"
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-13-2016, 12:24 AM
caflyergirl caflyergirl is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: England, now Texas
Posts: 399
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmthunder View Post
You are definitly right, the actual line-up is the best ever.
All i can say about ODS, they are very nice guys and they
make a good party on stage with all the old songs...
(Have seen and spoken them this year and 2014 at HOA)
Mr. Oliver is still a good guitar-player but Doug and
of course Paul will beat him in every case. And Mr. Dawson
has no chance against Nibbs.

By the way i think there are really not much people who think of a re-union with OD

See ya on the road, hmthunder
You didn't mention Nigel!!

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-13-2016, 12:26 AM
caflyergirl caflyergirl is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: England, now Texas
Posts: 399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candlemass View Post
From the few clips I've heard from them, I have little to no interest in them. I've seen folks asking about a "Classic Saxon Re-Union"...which begs the question why, why would anyone want that? The best line-up is the one they currently have, since Doug has joined the band they've been releasing one killer lp after another! On par w/the best of 'em, "Lionheart" is so good it is on par w/"Holy Diver", "Diary of a Madman", "Piece of Mind", "Heaven and Hell"...heck it's so bloody good it's "Stained Class!" If the "Classic Line-Up" was so good there would've been no need to re-record the classic songs, save for they sound better now...This is the "Classic Saxon Line-Up!"
I think that the majority of the people who say they want to see a reunion are those that probably haven't followed the band much in the last few years. And there will always be those that live in the past.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-13-2016, 03:29 AM
Candlemass's Avatar
Candlemass Candlemass is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Cleveland, Oh
Posts: 85
Default

Actually, it's been those conducting the interviews who have asked about that, haven't heard it from the fans yet, though I suppose they are fans...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-13-2016, 03:32 AM
Candlemass's Avatar
Candlemass Candlemass is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Cleveland, Oh
Posts: 85
Default

[QUOTE=caflyergirl;55999 And there will always be those that live in the past.[/QUOTE]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5bWbW-wrSI
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-13-2016, 04:22 AM
mnsaxonfan mnsaxonfan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 784
Default

Please don't ever do a reunion like that, the band is better now to my ears than they have ever been...why mess with a good thing? I agree with the above comments that the true Saxon fans have no interest in any reunion, we love the band the way it is and hope this is how it stays until the band calls it a day (hopefully not for another 20 years or so )
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-13-2016, 04:45 AM
Candlemass's Avatar
Candlemass Candlemass is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Cleveland, Oh
Posts: 85
Default

Towards the end here they are asked about a reunion...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoM6kf50um4
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-13-2016, 08:47 AM
Husky's Avatar
Husky Husky is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Limburg,Germany
Posts: 1,588
Default

There won't be auf reunion. I hope and think so.Not as long as the current line up stands.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.