Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Vote for your favourite T Sirt
A 18 72.00%
B 7 28.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2012, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husky View Post
Shadow, you are right. This is no spam and may be somebody doesn´t see it on the bottom of the forum page.
It´s a good idea to send an e-mail to all members. I can imagine there are some people who havn´t been here for some time but would be iteresseted in the T-shirt.
Unfortunately I still don´t know how to do this.

(Big Teaser you are not the only stupid one with the computer)

Shadow, would you do this?
Only an administrator in Admin Control Panel has the option to send an e-mail / notification to every member. Or at least this is what I know. I was in the past administrator on some Invision Power Board forums and I had that option. Forum offered also posibiliy to set a "notification" when you log in, so each member who logs in after a while sees a "welcome message" which can be "we have a new poll, please take a look". I am not sure if this one has the same settings. So we need an admin. I was thinking that maybe "old wolves" have better things to do than spend time in front of a PC but they want also the TS. Let's ask an admin to send a notification. Each member has an e-mail linked to its user and normally those e-mails will receive it. Of course, if someone is not using anymore the e-mail used to create the forum user will not receive it. If this forum type does not have this feature, please excuse me, it was just a suggestion.

Regarding the TS, I agree that we need the best quality available, this is a collector's item. We can think also that we can put forum link with a big font on the back. Or maybe the "S" from the emblem on the sleeve. It will definitely increase "production costs" but the TS will look better. And this is all that matters.

Later edit:
Just logged in to one of my old forums I am still administrator. In IPB 2.2.2 we have in ACP in section Management->Users and Groups option Mass PM members which will send a message to each user. Normally an users receives e-mail if a personal message comes to his inbox.
Another possiblity is in Tools & Settings menu in Post Office, the option Create New E-mail. You can specify subject and some content and member ranks which will receive. I hope this helps.
Might help for this specific forum type the following link:
http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/users_send_email

Last edited by _Shadow_; 10-30-2012 at 07:57 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:57 AM

Thanks ,Shadow for this explanation.
Will we find someone who can do this till the deadline?
Old 11-01-2012, 11:06 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Schämsz

any plans how we get the shirts?

The Drummer has Landed
Old 11-02-2012, 03:07 PM

I think we wait till the deadline and then contact the merchandise firm.
We could send a message that we´re allowed to do this (with teh word Leo sent) and ask them how they want us to go on.

We need the number and the sizes and it´s still sad that ther are not more votes.

I´ve no better idea at the moment. What do you others think how to go on?
Old 11-03-2012, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husky View Post
I think we wait till the deadline and then contact the merchandise firm.
We could send a message that we´re allowed to do this (with teh word Leo sent) and ask them how they want us to go on.

We need the number and the sizes and it´s still sad that ther are not more votes.

I´ve no better idea at the moment. What do you others think how to go on?
Yep, wait until the poll ends and see where we stand then get the people to give sizes. I'm not sure (I could be completely wrong) whether the merchandise firm will print them or not, or as I said before, we find our own source of printer. As long as we stick to Leo's rules and don't go over the 50, either way is good by me. I know this seems to be taking a long while, but it's better to do it sensibly and carefully rather than muck it up somewhere along the line.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:26 PM

So I'll live up to the "punk" in my name and give a few more opinions and ask some questions. There are about 700 views to this thread. Does that mean 20 views are mine for the 20 times I've looked at the thread or do I count as one view?

If there are 700 unique viewers I deduce
(1.) There is very little interest in a forum shirt
or
(2.) Both desings are not liked

For me it's #2

IMO A pretty picture is not promoting the forum. I think the shirt should only have the Saxon logo , official forum member and www.saxon747.com on it with no other art work. I'm uncomfortable asking Saxon to give us free use of the Saxon logo so I propose we buy official merch. shirts (the plain one that only has the Saxon logo on it is my choice) and have "official forum member" and "www.saxon747.com" printed on them. I know nothing about shirt printing so this may not be possible. ** Is there a home "iron on" type transfer we could use? If your too cheap or on a tight budget you could iron on the forum info on an old shirt. It could be put on the front or back of a shirt. This way Saxon makes money and we get the shirt of our individual choice. The iron on transfer might be very cheap to make and ship which could drum up more interest.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:33 PM

This it the "plain" t-shirt I'd put forum info. on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Saxon Shirt.jpg (40.3 KB, 6 views)
Old 11-03-2012, 05:45 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to samuelsaxon

both of them are great!
Old 11-03-2012, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkTexas View Post
So I'll live up to the "punk" in my name and give a few more opinions and ask some questions. There are about 700 views to this thread. Does that mean 20 views are mine for the 20 times I've looked at the thread or do I count as one view?

If there are 700 unique viewers I deduce
(1.) There is very little interest in a forum shirt
or
(2.) Both desings are not liked

For me it's #2

IMO A pretty picture is not promoting the forum. I think the shirt should only have the Saxon logo , official forum member and www.saxon747.com on it with no other art work. I'm uncomfortable asking Saxon to give us free use of the Saxon logo so I propose we buy official merch. shirts (the plain one that only has the Saxon logo on it is my choice) and have "official forum member" and "www.saxon747.com" printed on them. I know nothing about shirt printing so this may not be possible. ** Is there a home "iron on" type transfer we could use? If your too cheap or on a tight budget you could iron on the forum info on an old shirt. It could be put on the front or back of a shirt. This way Saxon makes money and we get the shirt of our individual choice. The iron on transfer might be very cheap to make and ship which could drum up more interest.
Not 700 unique viewers. Every time you come on a page it clocks up another view.

We HAVE permission from Saxon to allow us to have 50 Forum T-Shirts printed NO MORE. Saxon are not doing this to make money and neither are we. This idea was thought up by the forum members for the forum members to have a special shirt. The Band & Leo have been very gracious in allowing us to do that. So the rules are as they are. The most popular shirt of the 2 designs is the one we go with.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:31 PM

I don't have any problem adding more designs, so add PunkTexas' one to the poll too. You asked for a design, I proposed what I thought it would be nice to have on a t-shirt and that was it. I'm not Paul Gregory, I'm just an amateur wanting to help. So please feel free to propose more designs. No hard feelings PunkTexas - I wasn't offended or anything.