Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Tickets / Merch
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2012, 06:44 PM

Default What would you like to see in the merch store

As the title says.What Saxon items would you like to be added to the merch store?
I would like some large posters of album artwork (possibly signed) So i could frame and display some.

I know some of my female friends/fans have said they would like to see more shirts for girls.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:15 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Schämsz

Star cut, lol. now i do it for real. Brand new patch from kitchener and generaly patches for denim. Maybe a special fan magazine or something like this. I don't know.

The Drummer has Landed

Last edited by Schämsz; 05-18-2012 at 08:35 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:44 PM

Baseball caps like the one Simon has, nothing fancy just Saxon on the front!
Old 05-19-2012, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrider View Post
As the title says.What Saxon items would you like to be added to the merch store?
I would like some large posters of album artwork (possibly signed) So i could frame and display some.

I know some of my female friends/fans have said they would like to see more shirts for girls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schämsz View Post
Star cut, lol. now i do it for real. Brand new patch from kitchener and generaly patches for denim. Maybe a special fan magazine or something like this. I don't know.
Graham, do you mean your fans or fans of Saxon!!

Schamsz, your suggestion of a fan magazine is a good idea but I'll take it one step further. I think it's about time Saxon got a Classic Rock/ Metal Hammer Fan Pack for the next album. We are constantly being told that they were the godfathers of NWOBHM etc etc and a 132 page magazine all about Saxon with new interviews and articles plus a special edition of the next studio album along with badge or poster etc would be fantastic for the fans and excellent publicity for the band. Perhaps this could be our next facebook assault.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:44 AM

[QUOTE=747rick;44258]Graham, do you mean your fans or fans of Saxon!!

Both mate,good idea about the fanpack.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747rick View Post

Schamsz, your suggestion of a fan magazine is a good idea but I'll take it one step further. I think it's about time Saxon got a Classic Rock/ Metal Hammer Fan Pack for the next album. We are constantly being told that they were the godfathers of NWOBHM etc etc and a 132 page magazine all about Saxon with new interviews and articles plus a special edition of the next studio album along with badge or poster etc would be fantastic for the fans and excellent publicity for the band. Perhaps this could be our next facebook assault.
good idea rick. i think Saxon do a lot of his fans but sometimes i think that is an advantage for the members here. maybe i am wrong but who knows

The Drummer has Landed
Old 05-19-2012, 01:33 PM

[QUOTE=midnightrider;44262]
Quote:

Both mate,good idea about the fanpack.
Quote:
good idea rick. i think Saxon do a lot of his fans but sometimes i think that is an advantage for the members here. maybe i am wrong but who knows

I agree with what you say, but a fanpack would industry recognise that Saxon played a major part in the late 70's/ early 80's and beyond plus with their renewed popularity would be fantastic for them as a band to have a magazine and their name plastered all over newsagents and other shops around the country. It would, without a doubt, bring the name back to older fans and introduce them to a new audience.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:23 PM

[QUOTE=747rick;44267]
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrider View Post

I agree with what you say, but a fanpack would industry recognise that Saxon played a major part in the late 70's/ early 80's and beyond plus with their renewed popularity would be fantastic for them as a band to have a magazine and their name plastered all over newsagents and other shops around the country. It would, without a doubt, bring the name back to older fans and introduce them to a new audience.
It seems to me that saxon are more popular then in the 90s. By myself it was. Reason was the family. Had not much time to hear the classics of saxon and never bought any stuff from. It comes with you tube that i more often listen to old songs and i was curious what happen with the band. Discovered the official page of saxon. Now i am here.

The Drummer has Landed
Old 05-19-2012, 05:49 PM

[QUOTE=Schämsz;44274]
Quote:

It seems to me that saxon are more popular then in the 90s. By myself it was. Reason was the family. Had not much time to hear the classics of saxon and never bought any stuff from. It comes with you tube that i more often listen to old songs and i was curious what happen with the band. Discovered the official page of saxon. Now i am here.
Much more popular than in the 90's mate, but then, many many classic metal and rock bands struggled through that decade thanks to the dreaded 'G' word. Of course they still managed to release some great albums and I made sure I always got them as they came out. I was able to stick with them through the 90's and still got to go and see them live regularly, but as others on here will testify, some of the gigs Saxon played through that period were in very out of the way and small venues and very sparsely attended.

That's what is so endearing about them though! Many bands would have, and did, give up the fight, but Saxon never let me or anyone else down, even if they were only playing to a handful of people. They played every gig like there were 10,000 people, and that's why it is SO SO wonderful that they have rightly been recognised again and are enjoying a surge in popularity. It is nothing less than they thoroughly deserve and long may it continue.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:26 PM

[QUOTE=747rick;44279]
Quote:

Much more popular than in the 90's mate, but then, many many classic metal and rock bands struggled through that decade thanks to the dreaded 'G' word. Of course they still managed to release some great albums and I made sure I always got them as they came out. I was able to stick with them through the 90's and still got to go and see them live regularly, but as others on here will testify, some of the gigs Saxon played through that period were in very out of the way and small venues and very sparsely attended.

That's what is so endearing about them though! Many bands would have, and did, give up the fight, but Saxon never let me or anyone else down, even if they were only playing to a handful of people. They played every gig like there were 10,000 people, and that's why it is SO SO wonderful that they have rightly been recognised again and are enjoying a surge in popularity. It is nothing less than they thoroughly deserve and long may it continue.
A total agree with you rick but let me say that isn't normal for a band to play further in times like 90 s for example. Sure some bands managed these 10or15 years but a lot of bands stop playing on festivals or gigs. That is what i like too by saxon. They never give up to play. I hope you know what i want to say and mean here. Its a bit difficult to write loads of more words then ten.
L
Apart from that. I am really happy that i have open again the door to my fav band since 1981

The Drummer has Landed

Last edited by Schämsz; 05-19-2012 at 06:29 PM.