Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Smalltalk & Spam
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2008, 10:51 AM

Default Manowar Magic Cirlce festival

Just wanna say hello to Jim who posts on here who I met at the festival. Hope you got home safely mate and enjoyed the weekend as much as I did.

Just woke up after getting home late last night. Nice to meet you and great to meet so many friendly people over there from all over the world.

The fact I was dressed up as (to quote a real viking) a Gay Viking, probably helped!

I was pissed off at the Whitesnake/Leppard cancellation, as were many others, and it was obvious that it was down to not enough people being at the festival to cover there costs. Seeing there must have been at least 2000 from other countries, there must have been only about 6-8000 Germans there, which seeing it is alledgedly Manowars country suprised me.

As others have said, the food situation was dire on the site, luckily we had a car so could drive and get some decent stuff, but I felt sorry for those who didn't.

Alice Cooper, WASP, Doro, and MSG were all excellent, especially Alice who played probably the best gig I've ever seen him play, but all the other bands were pretty piss poor and laughable.

Manowar themselves were incredible. The sound was monsterous and so clear and apart from the Manowar Tombola and dodgy speaches I maintained a panhandle throughout!

Funniest bit of the weekend was when 'Mr Metal' lit the egg cup of true metal. He minced though the crowd with a burning torch before getting on a cherry picker which took him up to a platform to the fire bowl before lighting it. I don't think I've seen so many laughing or disinterested people at a festival at one time ever. It was a pure cheese moment!
Oh, and then there was Pleasure Slave! Somebody give Joey a slap! What a tool!

.....first doctor, can I see the back of your neck, waaaarrrggghhh!!!
Old 07-14-2008, 01:46 PM

Nice review mate. Sounds like you had a blast !

THEY WERE BORN TO ROCK AND ROLL
Old 07-31-2008, 02:29 PM

Smile Magic Circle Festival

Hello mate. Just seen your post lol!! Took me a while but i got there in the end. Great to meet you too, flying the flag for English gay vikings!!! I had a total blast at the festival. There were many teething problems but it worked for me and i really enjoyed the bands and meeting loads of new people too. Alice was simply stunning and i loved Doro and WASP etc. In fact i liked em all (apart from Majesty..or Metal Force as they are now). Catch up with you soon mate.

All the best
Jim
Old 08-01-2008, 11:06 PM

http://www.metalshots.com/2008/2008-.../MCF_0374.html

Ah brings back memories!

Glad you enjoyed it as much as I did mate. Here's to next year!

.....first doctor, can I see the back of your neck, waaaarrrggghhh!!!