Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Gig Reviews
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2007, 02:25 PM

Default Hamburg, Berlin and Leipzig

Originally posted this on the old Forum, but here is a copy. I have not included any details of our many adventures as Saxonator will be providing these in a separate post !!!!

=====

Just returned from three awesome Saxon gigs in Hamburg, Berlin and Leipzig !!!! Each gig was a sell out - and the German fans are always so enthusiastic and there were a sea of hands from the front to the very back (in England it is usually just the first 5 rows !). Outstanding performance as usual from the best rock band in the business !! It was a real pleasure to meet up with Saxonator, Northern Lady, Saxonfan (all the way from Chicago!), Fingers and his mate Huw (perhaps to be called “Huxley” on the Forum after the Berlin venue ?!). The words from Requiem were very apt: “From London to Chicago, from the mountains to the sea ….”

We were privileged to be invited by Biff to the filming of the new Saxon DVD and soundcheck in Berlin which was a very special experience, and had the very rare opportunity of a photograph with the whole band at once.

Here are set lists (in correct order)

Hamburg (Thursday 15th March 2007)

State of Grace
Let Me Feel Your Power
Killing Ground
If I was You
Witchfinder General
Great White Buffalo
Strong Arm of the Law
Red Star Falling
Requiem (We will Remember)
Power and the Glory
Are We Travellers in Time
Forever Free
Crusader (“straight into the charts in Dubai”)
To Hell and Back Again
I’ve got to Rock to Stay Alive
Dallas 1pm
747 (Strangers in the Night)
And the Bands Played On
Attila the Hun
Princess of the Night
Wheels of Steel
Denim and Leather
Ashes to Ashes

Berlin (Friday 16th March 2007)

State of Grace
Let Me Feel Your Power
Killing Ground
If I was You
Witchfinder General
Great White Buffalo
Strong Arm of the Law
Red Star Falling
Power and the Glory
Forever Free
Crusader
==============
Attila the Hun
Dallas 1pm
747 (Strangers in the Night)
And the Bands Played On
==============
Princess of the Night
Wheels of Steel
Denim and Leather
Ashes to Ashes

Leipzig (Saturday 17th March 2007)

State of Grace
Let Me Feel Your Power
Strong Arm of the Law
If I was You
Motorcycle Man
Great White Buffalo
To Hell and Back Again
Red Star Falling
Princess of the Night
Crusader
==============
Attila the Hun
Wheels of Steel
==============
Denim and Leather
Ashes to Ashes

Thanks to Biff, Nige, Paul, Doug, Nibbs, Thomas, Matthias and the Lighting Technician (sorry - forgot your name!) for a great time and for taking the time for a chat (and beers with Nige and Nibbs).

See you next at Manchester, London, Nottingham, Glasgow, Wolves, Cardiff and Belfast !!!

Cheers,

Goss.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:22 PM

Talking

You are the nice guy who gave his 1st row place to me, aren't you? (Leipzig) When I arrived you were getting beer for you and my friend, right? And when you came back your place was stolen ^^;; Sorry. (But I guess it's not that terrible for you - in regard of the other concerts you have visited, the DVD-filming and the meetings with the band *JEALOUS* )

Why did the setlist in Leipzig had to be that short in comparision to the others? That's the only negative thing I can say about the evening. The rest was great ^_^
I even was surprised of Masterplan, who were really good ^_^ (Although the vocals were hardly to hear (or at least not loud enough).

Maya
Old 03-24-2007, 12:17 AM

Send a message via MSN to Philthy Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya View Post
You are the nice guy who gave his 1st row place to me, aren't you? (Leipzig) When I arrived you were getting beer for you and my friend, right? And when you came back your place was stolen ^^;; Sorry. (But I guess it's not that terrible for you - in regard of the other concerts you have visited, the DVD-filming and the meetings with the band *JEALOUS* )

Why did the setlist in Leipzig had to be that short in comparision to the others? That's the only negative thing I can say about the evening. The rest was great ^_^
I even was surprised of Masterplan, who were really good ^_^ (Although the vocals were hardly to hear (or at least not loud enough).

Maya
From what I've seen, GOSS strikes me as an all-round nice gent!

Old 03-24-2007, 12:26 AM

be sure he is !

thx for posting the setlists even in the correct order !

GOSS had a thumb-torch with him as well as paper + pen - he is always well prepared !

he even had a berlin-map with him - i asked it if he could lend me his rocket launcher

he asked: the big or the small one ?

that was fun all the way !!!

A LIFE WITHOUT MEMORIES IS NO LIFE
MUSIC WITHOUT MEMORIES IS NO MUSIC
MEMORIES WITHOUT MUSIC IS NO LIFE

- TAKE CARE: BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU -
I WILL REMEMBER !!!

Old 03-24-2007, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya View Post
You are the nice guy who gave his 1st row place to me, aren't you? (Leipzig) When I arrived you were getting beer for you and my friend, right?
Maya
Hi Maya - and welcome to the Saxon Family ! Yes, that was me at Leipzig !! It was good to meet you - everyone in Germany is always so friendly (unlike England !!). Glad you enjoyed the show - not sure why the set list was shorter than the previous German gigs - but is was still a FANTASTICHE performance !!! See you at the front again some time soon !

Did your friend Martin get to meet the band at the end of the gig ?

Guys - Martin is a young student from Germany, and showed true Militia Guard qualities of the old days by "queuing through the ice and snow" for over 4 hours to get a place at the front ! Haus Auensee is a large hall in the middle of nowhere situated in a forest surrounded by Lakes about 10 km outside Leipzig. Beautiful setting - but with no beers for miles !!! Martin had arrived before 2.30pm and the doors didn't open 'til 7.00pm. We were the only ones there for several hours - and it was 'kin freeeeezzzzzing !! He was really good company and a true Saxon Warrior !

After the gig he waited patiently outside in the freezing cold for hours to meet the Band and get some stuff signed. I hope he was successful as he showed the true spirit of a loyal Saxon fan ! With new blood like Martin, Saxon cannot fail to Rock the Nations again !! Cheers to you, Martin !!

Maya - please persuade Martin to join the Forum ! You never know, but "Big Brother" is watching, and Martin may receive his just rewards !! (Hope his exams went well ).

Cheers,

Goss.

Last edited by GOSS; 03-24-2007 at 12:02 PM.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:36 AM

Talking

YEAH! Here I am!

YES! GOSS! I met them! It was great. The brasilian guy flavio had a camera, so that we could make some photos. One of me an Mike Terrana, me and Biff and the Masterplan Bass player, one of me, nibbs and nigel, one with nibbs and one with biff AND flavio. It was great!

It was one of the best concerts I ever saw and meeting the band was that special, I still can not believe it. If I see them again at the Wacken Open Air for a signing session, I'll bring them the photos and see if they remember.

Okay, Guys, Rock on!

Martin
Old 03-29-2007, 01:09 PM

A great setlist, the Hamburg one, it's a pity they didn't play 'Forever free' in Madrid!
Old 03-29-2007, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schikimikiman View Post
YEAH! Here I am!

YES! GOSS! I met them! It was great. The brasilian guy flavio had a camera, so that we could make some photos. One of me an Mike Terrana, me and Biff and the Masterplan Bass player, one of me, nibbs and nigel, one with nibbs and one with biff AND flavio. It was great!

It was one of the best concerts I ever saw and meeting the band was that special, I still can not believe it. If I see them again at the Wacken Open Air for a signing session, I'll bring them the photos and see if they remember.

Okay, Guys, Rock on!

Martin
Welcome to the Forum !! Glad your patience was rewarded and that you met the boys ! See you at the front again !

Cheers,

Goss.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schikimikiman View Post
and see if they remember.
they WILL remember !

A LIFE WITHOUT MEMORIES IS NO LIFE
MUSIC WITHOUT MEMORIES IS NO MUSIC
MEMORIES WITHOUT MUSIC IS NO LIFE

- TAKE CARE: BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU -
I WILL REMEMBER !!!