Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Gig Reviews
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2007, 04:26 PM

Default The Biggest Review Ever - Part 4 - Berlin !

good morning my dear saxon followers. it´s 2 o´clock in the night now and i finally robbed time to come to part 4 of my inner sanctum tour review. i was sitting on the throne some minutes ago with a big clever & smart comic as suddenly a spiderman took my attention. he was climbing through the bathtub and he wispered: hey you ! you forgot something didnt you ? i asked him: wtf ? what do you mean ? he reminded me that there´s more than work in life and told me that there are some dudes out there waiting for something. a flash of lightning hit me and i promised the little spiderman to finish what i prepared already. normally i kill all spiders in our flat because i don´t like that never ending legs. this one i left unharmed. lucky spiderman - may you find your way back to freedom.

so enuff with this bullshit and let´s begin with part 4 of my biggest review ever:

SAXON IN BERLIN ON 16TH OF MARCH 2007:

it was early morning as the saxon alarm clock was waiting to be fisted by me for the 4th time this week. we are northernlady, saxonfan, GOSS and my small amount, SAXONATOR. we all woke up in the same hotel in hamburg because last night there was a heavy metal concert nearby and we really enjoyed it. why are the good times over so fast.... i felt like still being in the markthalle surrounded by the army of immortal saxonfans. but i realised that it was over already. after rearranging our bones and flesh we found our way through a bunch of saxon merchandise, old socks, some trousers, signed albums and a lot of memories which will never be forgotten. when we felt alife again we met in the dining hall to get some serious food finally. i preferred 4 eggs with a wheelbarrow of salt - i lost too much last night so i have to refuel myself. after gulping them down i went to the garage to get the saxonmobile ready for the next trip - the engine was already running - he couldn´t wait to be BACK ON THE STREETS AGAIN. so at 10am we left hamburg with a crying eye. it was fantastic.

the traffic was fine - no jams at all so we arrived berlin very early. goss helped us to find the way easily by using his map for the direction and northernlady as the card reader. saxonfan wasn´t helpful att all - he mumbled something like "unbelievable" and something about "paradise" - we were all still flying on cloud #9. who wonders ? we were followed by this climax for 4 days now - FLYING ON THE EDGE... we looked out for our hotel - it had the house number 14 - the location had the house number 107-113. we were at the huxley´s new world before so we recognised it at once. suddenly i went on the brake - we found the hotel - it was on the opposite of the venue. how crazy was that ? here the view out of our hotelroom - we booked a three-bed-room - the plan with goss was some late so he got a room under the roof right beside the lift engine room. next time we´ll try to arrange things better.

the band and the staff were already there of course: (look left between the advertise signs and the bus will appear):

after stowing our stuff goss joined us in our room and took his phone. he spoke with Fingers who came with huw - a friend of him. he´s not a board member yet so fingers: show him the way !!!

Last edited by SAXONATOR; 10-28-2007 at 05:33 PM.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:27 PM

goss told him to come over to our hotel too for a small fan-arrival-party. the party didn´t last long because of the invitation from biff to join the soundcheck. so off we went heading for new adventures. we arrived early enuff to get infos if the band is at work already. we met john (the merchandiser) and had some smalltalk. he promised to inform us when the soundcheck started so we went into the "finale sports bar" which is in the same building as the venue. after enjoying some beers we asked the lady behind the bar if she could make some photos and she kindly agreed. so here we are:

fingers asked us if the saxonmobile which he saw in the saxonstuffthread is still alive. we told him that it is more alive than ever so we went to the parking lot behind the hotel to make some more shots:

Last edited by SAXONATOR; 10-28-2007 at 05:33 PM.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:27 PM

after that we went back to the venue again and then everything went very fast. somehow we found the way outside up some stairs and then we stood in front of a security guy who stood in front uf us SOLID AS A ROCK. i was the last to arrive there because i had to bring away some beers from before. the other ones had done some effort already to pass the guy - without success. i was bigger than him so i won the fight and we enterd the hall. forget the last sentence please. the day before thomas jensen told us that we had to repeat that the guy should call him and we shouldn´t give up until he finally gets his cell phone running. it wasn´t easy for me to convince him to get his ass to work but he did. he spoke with thomas and said to him that some fans were there from chicago and the uk and that they wanna go backstage and join the soundcheck blabla... thomas told him not to worry and to let them in. that´s what it was. he told something like "unbelievable - this guy is inviting nearly everyone..." - well, we are NOT everyone

a very big special thanx to biff and thomas for making this dream come true !!!

he leaded us to into the hall passing the catering room with lots of delicious stuff and told us not to touch the buffet. small minded guy i thought by myself - we are not here to steal the bandfood - we are here to enjoy things of a higher level. we went upstairs at the rear of the hall onto the gallery and waited what happens. quiet as a mouse we were enjoying what went on. in awe we switched off the flashlights of our cameras and kept calm. busy as the bees the soundengineers were at work (hello torben) and the light technicians had some freestyle climbing on the stage to get the 10.000 flashlights and spots to work in the correct order and colour. the saxons were already testing their guitars and drums and mics to get us ROCKING AGAIN some hours later. and then we began to bang. they played some songs in full - that was great - it was like a private concert ! it was FANTASTISCH and we really enjoyed that. we banged to red star falling and state of grace and felt like in heaven. our fun was that big that i even can´t describe that feeling. we made photos of course but i decided not to release them here because of the respect i have to the band. during the soundcheck nigel passed the way and gave us a wave and we answered with a thumbs-up. when they decided that everything is prepared correctly they assembled and were heading to us. biff said "so those guys up there want a special photo so come downstairs now !" (the day before i told him that our biggest dream was to realise a bandphoto as it isn´t that easy at all to get them all together and that it would something very special.) it took us 2-3 milliseconds to stand in front of them with a big smile. cheers to thomas to take our cameras and for making the shots - here we go:

after that dream came true we made sure that we got our new album signed by paul too as we didn´t catch him at the gigs before. so everything was fine.

Last edited by SAXONATOR; 10-28-2007 at 05:34 PM.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:28 PM

see us smile:

this fun is true:

the mighty quinn:

meanwhile nige came to me and saxonfan and asked us "so you guys miss fritz ?" we told him that it´s true and told him stories we experienced with him on past gigs and while we talked and talked i said "hey this guy knows fucking everything !" he knew all details which one can only know when he´s reading the whole forum. there was nothing we could hide - he was like "big brother". that´s how i call him since then. and here we are - the big brothers:

so be careful what you are typing here - this guy will remember everything - cheers nige ! meet you in osnabruck !

Old 04-08-2007, 04:28 PM

now the subject was on the nice people who were missing. sammi and pax - saxonmckenz and all the other nice fans who we wished to be there at that hour. fingers took his cell phone and ringed up paxoman to share his luck with him. somehow nige owned the phone and said "hey paxoman - where are you ? come over here". they changed some further words and i made sure to capture this enjoyable moment:

imagine yourself to sit at home and thinking of nothing and who´s calling ? wtf ? nigel ?

crazy

so we chatted about many more things which are too much to be mentioned here. so here´s something to be said - i am speaking for all of us five:

cheers to biff for answering our questions and to make it all happen

cheers to nibbs for being with us again - your german gets better and better !

cheers to paul for getting saxonfans´ photos developed !

cheers to doug for this enjoyment once more !

cheers to nige to be such a friend !

we love you all - be sure we´ll never forget that day !

Old 04-08-2007, 04:29 PM

after that special event we went back to the finale sportsbar again to get calmed down. no words needed to be said - we had to digest that first.

some time later we had to stand in the queue again - the security was some kind of late - about 100 fans were assembled at the entrance already - the doors were opened and the card-ripper-girls had some effort to hold us back. some kind of unsorted but finally the bodycheckers took their place and everything was okay again. goss had no problems to get his ticket too - the letter from metaltix did its job again. you know - he shreddered his tickets by mistake...

after entering the hall we owned the first raw at once again. ready to enjoy this tour for the fucking eins zwei drei - fourth time. rose tattoo began the show and they made a very good warm-up once more. we liked the band more and more - nice music ! angry anderson wasn´t angry at all - he told us some stories of brothers and sisters and gave us love again - so here they are:

man about town:

black eyed bruiser:

Old 04-08-2007, 04:29 PM

once in a lifetime: (very special song)

nice boys don´t play rock´n´roll - this is a scream-song for the crowd - fantastic audience that night:

thanks to rose tattoo for making us ready for action again - and good luck in these 2 months of playing here in europe - i am sure your name will grow - cheers ! meet you next week in dortmund for the signing session

Last edited by SAXONATOR; 10-28-2007 at 05:35 PM.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:30 PM

nearly an hour later the lights went out again as many times before - the hall was filled with choral singing like this

these guys are not in the need for speed - they have enuff...

these guys are not in the need to be introduced...

the name of these guys is a song itself...

these guys are called

SAXON

nice biffbang

it was a state of grace

we let him feel our power because he asked:

--> CLICKME <--

Last edited by SAXONATOR; 10-28-2007 at 05:35 PM.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:31 PM

killing ground

if i was you

witchfinder general

great white biffalo

Last edited by SAXONATOR; 10-28-2007 at 05:36 PM.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:31 PM

strong arm of the law - philthy phil´s favourite tune i think !

meanwhile someone was grabbing my balls from behind. northernlady stood in front of me so wtf ? was fingers fingering me ? i turned my head around and was kind of barfing - i got attention of the ugliest and most drunken bitch in the hall - OMG...

the red star is falling - where were you ?

power and the glory

Last edited by SAXONATOR; 10-28-2007 at 05:36 PM.