Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Smalltalk & Spam
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2016, 12:09 PM

For me too
Old 09-27-2016, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Sentinel View Post
Another great song from my favourite Metal band, all formats of the album have been duly ordered.

Sick and tired of all the haters who have nothing better to do in their sorry ass lives than to get out of bed every single day and post something negative about Metallica.

I see it all over Facebook, Blabbermouth etc...and it's always the same people and same dumbass comments, "Metallica sold out with the Black Album!", "Metallica aren't Thrash anymore!", "Their production is shit!" blah blah blah.

Metallica stopped being a Thrash band in 1990, since then they've been a great Metal band, they would probably claim they never were a Thrash band to begin with, in fact I've seen Lars say it, he says they are Metallica and as such aren't tied to any genre of Metal.

You can't please some people, I mean all those out there who don't like Metallica anymore, what exactly is it you want them to do for you to like their music?

They will never make another Ride The Lightning, get over it, I wouldn't want them to, that would just be boring.

I did lose touch with Metallica from the Black album up til St. Anger would you believe and when I heard St. Anger (minus the snaredrum sound), I got it straight away, I loved the heavy sludginess of it.

I loved the intense anger and dark connotations of the lyrics, some people will say that the album sounds like a band in turmoil that aren't sure what they are doing anymore but that's the beauty of it.

I even love the Black Album, Load & Reload now and I hated them before, the production on Reload is fabulous, big heavy in your face drumsound.

Yeah people are saying the new Metallica track is a by numbers track but would would you prefer, another track like Nothing Else Matters (which I detest), another Sad But True (bores me)?

My only gripe with Metallica (apart from the fact they don't and never have played Prince Charming live), is the time it takes to release albums.

They're in their 50's now and family men so probably not many years left in the band, so release a few more albums.

That has been the problem with Metallica it seems I aint been about the music for a very long time - new music that is. Then a ton of hype and generally a let down when something new eventually comes out. Time spent on films duff albums (lulu) and the napster mess. Yes ethically correct but let the suits handle it fronting the campaign wasn't the smartest move.

A few things you bring up really grated on fans the load\reload era (albums I like) it seemed lars wanted to in oasis rather than metallica. Yeah they can do what they want but it seemed to be of the time when it was hip to shun metal. From a band who are king of the multi format cash extraction from their fans. As for not being a thrash band 1986 ulster hall seemed pretty thrash to me and yes they shouldn't be playing thrash today rich middle aged men don't really do thrash well on record. After listening to hardwired several times more after J.D. posted for me the vocal delivery is too pedestrian in his prime het. would have spat those lyrics out with venom but times change. Probably why for me moth works really well. Just Playing fast trying to recapture the past and what some fans want isn't the answer. You have to have the energy and probably angst that made it work first time around best left alone.
I certainly don't hate them at all just for me pretty unreliable on the new release front. Check out any of the last 5 death angel albums all very high quality.

Last edited by Doom Rider; 09-27-2016 at 06:58 PM.
Old 10-17-2016, 10:13 PM

Nothing to get excited about,could fit on Death Magnetic.
Old 10-22-2016, 03:39 AM

Doom Rider,Hetfield never really spat anything out with venom back in the day,maybe Quorthon of Bathory yes lol.

Im not INTO Metallica ,haven't been since A.J.F.A album but not so sure they are writting the Hardwired track to try and please everyone else to re-capture something and let me tell you why...

Look at the Load album in 1995 or 1996 (can't remember which year of the two)that album they cut their hair,changed thier image,logo and thier sound ect... The backlash they got for that was at its high and I was and still am one to bash them for doing that but the point would be,Hetfield has such a HUGE EGO that I doubt he would let a complaing oldschool fan base dictate to his writting ideas.

Not to mention that if you think they are too rich to do thrash anymore on studio recordings,then it should be more ridiculous to you when they play thier first 3 albums live because obviously you get the visual live and the audio you can't see them...so you cant be telling me Rich middle aged men ARE playing thrash well live? If that were the case,then they should only play songs live starting from the Black Album till now.

They've ruined whatever "IT" is for me when they released A.J.F.A. back in 1988 which I thought was too commercial for them especially making a video and selling out on MTV because they always used to say they'd never change and let down thier core fans ect... no it's been ruined for me for years.

Last edited by J.D.DIAMOND; 10-22-2016 at 03:49 AM.