Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Smalltalk & Spam
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2014, 10:53 AM

747rick,we haven't spoke often but I've read your posts for the past few years here ect,your a great member here and even though I'm late(havent posted for months) I just wanted to say congrats to your wife being cancer free,"that" TOTALLY RULZ man!
Old 05-12-2014, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D.DIAMOND View Post
747rick,we haven't spoke often but I've read your posts for the past few years here ect,your a great member here and even though I'm late(havent posted for months) I just wanted to say congrats to your wife being cancer free,"that" TOTALLY RULZ man!
Thanks so much mate. I really appreciate that Still got a way to go before she gets the complete ok but things are looking so much better than they were!
Old 05-16-2014, 10:11 PM

Just to say, last bank holiday Sunday the inn where I work held a charity auction for Cancer Research, we managed to raise over 800 for it

Stalk me on LastFM
Old 05-21-2014, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Hawke View Post
Just to say, last bank holiday Sunday the inn where I work held a charity auction for Cancer Research, we managed to raise over 800 for it
That's superb mate well done I'm up to nearly 800 on my Hairy Balls Challenge for the Teenage Cancer Trust. Every penny will make a difference!
Old 05-22-2014, 12:40 AM

For those that are interested there is an easy way to continuously give whilst you make your normal purchases:

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk

There are many high street and internet retailers signed up so you buy what you want and they give a small donation to the charity of your choice. I use this system to donate to the Teenage Cancer Trust.

I'm encouraging this as an "as well as" not an "instead of", its a way of continuing to help after Rick and people like him have finished their fundraising challenges.

Keep up the good work Rick, TCT is an excellent cause - believe me I know as we've had to avail ourselves of their help for my 19 year old son over the last 2 years!

Cheers

Heid
Old 05-22-2014, 04:20 PM

Thanks for the link will get on it asap
Old 06-03-2014, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heid View Post
For those that are interested there is an easy way to continuously give whilst you make your normal purchases:

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk

There are many high street and internet retailers signed up so you buy what you want and they give a small donation to the charity of your choice. I use this system to donate to the Teenage Cancer Trust.

I'm encouraging this as an "as well as" not an "instead of", its a way of continuing to help after Rick and people like him have finished their fundraising challenges.

Keep up the good work Rick, TCT is an excellent cause - believe me I know as we've had to avail ourselves of their help for my 19 year old son over the last 2 years!

Cheers

Heid
Thanks
I'm very sorry to hear about your son and hope all is ok?
Old 06-03-2014, 11:06 PM

So far so good Rick , thanks for asking.

He's just recovering from chemo and a stem cell transplant. We are told he should have a second stem cell transplant (from a donor this time rather than his own) to reduce the risk of a second relapse. He's been really unlucky, hodgkin's is 90% curable first time round in young people so he's in the 10% but it looks like he's in complete remission so everything is crossed that it stays that way.

As I said previously, keep up the good work; there'll never be enough money available to do all that's needed without people like you being willing to put themselves out for the benefit of others.

Heid
Old 06-04-2014, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heid View Post
So far so good Rick , thanks for asking.

He's just recovering from chemo and a stem cell transplant. We are told he should have a second stem cell transplant (from a donor this time rather than his own) to reduce the risk of a second relapse. He's been really unlucky, hodgkin's is 90% curable first time round in young people so he's in the 10% but it looks like he's in complete remission so everything is crossed that it stays that way.

As I said previously, keep up the good work; there'll never be enough money available to do all that's needed without people like you being willing to put themselves out for the benefit of others.

Heid
I'll keep everything crossed for you all as well.
We've only got a few days left now on this particular challenge but the seven of us have raised over 4,500 so far between us and we're already talking about what we can do next because we want to continue fundraising and supporting Headbangers Balls. I'll be reviewing, hopefully, all four of their big one day fests in London, Birmingham, Gloucester and Manchester (November & December) and writing a preview piece. All the money raised is going to the TCT (as does every penny HBB raises) so we'll be spreading the word and there are some fab bands playing across the gigs all giving their time for nothing.

Rebellion Bar, Manchester 8th November 2014
Boston Music Rooms, London 15th November 2014
The Flapper, Birmingham 6th December 2014
The Olympus Theatre, Gloucester 13th December 2014

I'm posting the gig posters so everyone can see the lineups and there is also a kickstarter campaign with lots of great things up for grabs

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...the-album-2014
Old 06-04-2014, 08:46 AM

Heid,all the best for your son. Everything crossed.
Rick is really doping a good thing there.