Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Smalltalk & Spam
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionessheart View Post
Actually I didn't realise he had a back problem which explains his lack of energy onstage. However I wish he wouldn't walk back and forth across the stage all the time. It's like watching a tennis match. I'd rather he want to one side and sang for a while, then move to another part of the stage and sing etc.

Turbo... I don't dislike it as much as I do Nostradamus and I think it's better than Ram It down (not by much though!). I've been looking at my iTunes and the Priest albums from Sad Wings up to Defenders have a far higher play count. Painkiller does quite well though.

I agree with you about the next album. I didn't mind Angel Of Retribution (although Lochness pulled it down). But they really need to get back to kick ass heavy metal.

Saxon's last three albums. I do quite like Maiden's last 3, but I do agree that Saxon's last 3 a easily up there with their very best. I'm looking forward to their next album more than Maiden's (and from a die hard Maiden fan that's really saying something)
The thing about Turbo,I remember in 1986 when it was released I was shocked and let down especially because of the last studio album title "Defenders Of The Faith" with the members saying how it means to defend the heavy metal faith"Keep The Faith" was on t-shirts during the Defenders tour ect... and then wham! They did a 180 and released an album with an image that was nowhere near "keeping the faith" let alone defending it HAHA! The only song I can tolerate off the "T" album is "Reckless and thats not a track that I can listen to but once every 10 years lol!

I realize that you may enjoy the album along with many others but for me it was a total nightmare,it left us wanting an album like Screaming For Vengeance,Defenders Of the Faith ect.

Ram It Down in my opinion was poor but at least they have the songs Ram It Down,Heavy Metal,Hard As Iron,Blood Red Skies and even the equally commercial as Turbo song "Come And Get It" beats any song off Turbo....no? lol!
I still find it interesting in your likings for the Turbo album over Ram It Down and must accept it lol! We all like different things for different reasons as we all know.

Nostradamus I didn't buy,I heard all of it from a guy at work who bought it and hated it lol! It sucks and is extremly way to long.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:42 PM

anyone heard new halford single from his new album halford IV-made of metal due for release in october, single is called the mower
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqvguWcEpMA

i personally don't like it
So grey is the face of every mortal
Old 06-27-2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by innuendo View Post
anyone heard new halford single from his new album halford IV-made of metal due for release in october, single is called the mower

Nor do I.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:09 PM

Mower sounds like one big mess, the voice is there, but the songwriting needs vast improvements, all I can say it is tolerable at the least - it sounds like something made for Kerrang radio (Music with ATTITUDE!!!!) that plays anything that has a loud guitar and/or thrashing drums.

Halford can do better and I hope that single does not represent what we will hear in Halvord IV

I just hope Halford is not moving towards heavy meaningless rhythmless guitar playing and mindless thrashing of drums (as found in many modern day metal)

BTW looking forward to British Steel 30th anniversary album when it comes through the post (as well as Spellbound by the Tygers of PT and some Eagles albums)

Stalk me on LastFM
Old 06-28-2010, 11:33 PM

Quote:

I don't like it either. I think the sound is just to modern and boring,and the song itself is boring. Lets hope that Judas Priest puts out a decent album again,I wonder if they will put out a new studio album at all?

Who knows,they may take the easy way out and just tour the old shit,they have been pondering thoughts about touring a 30 year anniversary of Screaming For Vengeance possibly in 2012 but its just an idea.

I wish this band would just put out an album every 2 years like Saxon does! Priest are like Forest Gump's box of chocolates: Ya never know what yer gonna get" and it pisses me off lol!!!! Priest = commy rat bastards haha!!!
Old 06-29-2010, 04:20 PM

i think it would be cool to get screaming for vengeance 30th anniversary tour in 2012, they could play the whole album (like they did with british steel) + selections of other classics. then at least we'd know what are we getting
Old 06-29-2010, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D.DIAMOND View Post
I don't like it either. I think the sound is just to modern and boring,and the song itself is boring. Lets hope that Judas Priest puts out a decent album again,I wonder if they will put out a new studio album at all?

Who knows,they may take the easy way out and just tour the old shit,they have been pondering thoughts about touring a 30 year anniversary of Screaming For Vengeance possibly in 2012 but its just an idea.

I wish this band would just put out an album every 2 years like Saxon does! Priest are like Forest Gump's box of chocolates: Ya never know what yer gonna get" and it pisses me off lol!!!! Priest = commy rat bastards haha!!!
Quote:
i think it would be cool to get screaming for vengeance 30th anniversary tour in 2012, they could play the whole album (like they did with british steel) + selections of other classics. then at least we'd know what are we getting
I take both your points and it would be good to get a tour playing the likes of Stained Class, Killing Machine, SFV etc. god knows they've got enough brilliant albums in their back catalogue.

I for one would like a studio album, but not a Nostraborues part 2. I'm sure they're capable of doing a credible metal album. Apart from the awful Lochness, I actually liked Angel Of Retribution (I know you didn't innuendo).
Old 06-29-2010, 08:04 PM

i should really give angel of retribution another listen, i think i listened to it twice and didn't like it, i like deal with the devil song. but usually albums i don't like after first few listens-i just don't like
Old 06-29-2010, 10:32 PM

Quote:
i should really give angel of retribution another listen, i think i listened to it twice and didn't like it, i like deal with the devil song. but usually albums i don't like after first few listens-i just don't like

I'm with you on that innuendo,if I don't like an album after the first 2 listens,then I just can't get into it. Angel Of Retribution has 10 tracks on it and I definately like the first 9 tracks,but I'm not claiming all 9 songs total 100% top notch Judas Priest songs,I just happen to like the first 9.

I'd say there are 6 songs on Angel Of Retribution that are 100% totally classic Judas Priest at thier best:

Judas Rising
Deal With The Devil
Demonizer
Wheels Of Fire
Eulegy
Hellrider

These 6 songs are the ones that kick balls.

And the other 4 songs:

"Angel" is an ok ballad if you like that sort of thing,better than ANYTHING off Nostradamus thats for sure.

Revolution is kinda boring I must admit but its still "ok"...its not like something off Turbo or anything.

Worth Fighting For is "ok" it kinda reminds me of a cross between Desert Plains from Point Of Entry and Take These Chains from Screaming For Vengeance,actually thats a great way to describe this track,its not bad but not brilliant either.

Lochness -the last song on the album is "lame" and boring.
This song is a waste of time and I end the cd after the first 9 songs.

So really there are 4 songs out of 10 on this album that could of been better,hopefully they will put out an album that can stand up to British Steel,Screaming For Vengeance and Painkiller or any other old Priest classic.

Last edited by J.D.DIAMOND; 06-29-2010 at 10:34 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:10 PM

for some reason i never really liked Priest, don't know why, but then i heard then being interviewed on planet rock. i then got their 30th reissue of british steel and loved it! the dvd is one of the best I've seen. Im going to get some kinda 'best of' next and see how that goes!