Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Smalltalk & Spam
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2009, 12:26 PM

Well....Steel Panther last night was possibly the most all-round entertaining gig I've ever been to in 35 years of gig-going! Excellent songs of their own, excellent covers, funny and girls on stage and in the audience getting their bits out! Marvellous stuff!

Old 09-15-2009, 03:04 PM

Seeing as we are having a "Tygers" moment; check this out. Good sound quality as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=257lYZK_Gvw
Old 09-15-2009, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRWoody View Post
Seeing as we are having a "Tygers" moment; check this out. Good sound quality as well:

Eeeee that was awesome! I were born in the wrong decade, man! *runs off sobbing*

You know Jon Deverill now does musicals?

I'm a bit miffed I missed Marseille in Liverpool (because I'm a dozy git) but I just 'eard Neil Bucannan the guitarist broke his thumb in the van door after the gig. Musta given him a *heart* attack! Ooooh that was so bad.....

I am weird. Take me seriously at your own peril.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRWoody View Post

Which album is that off? also, which album would you say is their best? I've only got 'Spellbound'
Old 09-17-2009, 11:30 AM

My next gig: Hard Rocker Festival II with Tygers of Pan Tang, Mekong Delta, Wizard, Wild Knight and Lonewolf
Old 09-17-2009, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway Star View Post
Which album is that off? also, which album would you say is their best? I've only got 'Spellbound'
That You Tube clip is a track from the "Wildcat" album. Which, after a slightly dodgy start, is by far their best album that I have in my collection.

I have not got all their albums but I lost interest a bit after The Cage and suchaslike.

For me "Wildcat" (which I bought on Cassette tape when released, and now have on CD) is one of my all time favourite albums, the tracks Badger Badger, Slave to Freedom (what a cracking good lead guitar ?), and Suzie Smiled, along with a couple more, are just great.
"Spellbound" is also very good and well worth having, although I prefer the vocals on Wildcat.
For me, after Spellbound they were a bit patchy, still good, but much less consistent.

So I recomend that you get Wildcat and I would be interested to know what you think. (Mind you it is not cheap so far as I can see !)
Old 09-18-2009, 10:25 PM

The Tygers of Pan Tang's first 3 albums, Wildcat, Spellbound and Crazy Nights were pretty good. Their 4th the Cage I never liked, soft pop/rock to me with crap songs. After that the band totally lost their way with lineup changes and record company problems.

I don't think they ever recovered from that until recent years with a reformed band, albeit only one original member Rob Weir. They released Animal Instinct last year which is a pretty solid hard rock/metal album.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway Star View Post
It's from Crazy Nights, the one where the kitty is being all King Kong. Kitty Kong. *eee* It's a cracking album! You'd really like it as you like Spellbound.

You know they're doing a new album next year? I forget what they're gonna call it, uh, oh yeah the working name is "Ambush". It should be released about May/June. Judging from Animal Instinct and how awesome the current lineup is it should be another cracker!

Talking of Wild Cat they're also releasing an EP called Back2Beyond with some tracks from Wild Cat sung by Jack and hopefully some new tunes. I can't remember when that is being released I'll have to ask him. I can bet anything they'll do Suzie Smiled and Euthanasia.

Dirk, yeah the Cage was never their strongest album despite Love Potion #9. I mean I like it because I like Deverill's voice and it's cheesy 80s, what can I say. But no, I think their strongest albums are Spellbound and Animal Instinct.

Even if you don't like the Tygers, the latest album is well worth checking out for the song "If You See Kay"! *hurhurhurhurhurhur*

Old 09-19-2009, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfaery View Post
Even if you don't like the Tygers, the latest album is well worth checking out for the song "If You See Kay"! *hurhurhurhurhurhur*
Hey Guys, Nightfaery's right, this youtube clip of "If you see Kay" is well worth checking out even if you don't like the Tygers, great track, gorgeous girls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8SYvIlM5v0
Old 09-19-2009, 01:25 AM

That's one helluva promo ehehe! Craig the drummer thinks it's great ehehehehe!

Damn you now I'm not gonna sleep!

Last edited by Nightfaery; 09-19-2009 at 01:29 AM.