Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Gig Reviews
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2013, 06:07 AM

Default Milwaukee review - no spoilers

In order to not provide any set list spoilers...click this link if you want to see the set: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/saxon/...-73c78e1d.html

It was an awesome day. First was the VIP Meet & Greet, there were about 14 of us who participated. The band was great, they signed everything that we put in front of them. Heck, they even dealt with me asking them to use a different color marker on each of my items I got a great picture with the band, one with Biff, and one with Nibbs. The VIP package was well worth it in my opinion!

The concert itself was amazing, I'm not sure what the attendance was but the crowd was very loud and energetic the entire show. You could tell Biff was very pleased with the crowd reaction all night long, and there were quite a few SAXON SAXON SAXON chants. And to top it all off, I caught one of Nigel's drumsticks, sometimes it pays off to be tall!

All in all, it was a great day, and the band made the 5 1/2 hour drive well worth it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5015.jpg (91.8 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5034.jpg (92.4 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5038.jpg (95.0 KB, 23 views)
Old 09-24-2013, 08:29 AM

Thumbs up

Great pics mnsaxon, thanks for sharing !!!
Old 09-24-2013, 09:01 AM

Very nice review. Thanks for sharing the pictures. The Thursday show in Dallas can't get here fast enough. I'm still planning on hitting the San Antonio and Houston shows too. I like how they're changing up the set list a bit at each show which means there's a chance they could play Sailing To America.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:29 AM

See below - oops a multi post

THEY WERE BORN TO ROCK AND ROLL
Old 09-24-2013, 10:31 AM

Great Review - Great pictures, good to hear you considered the VIP experience value for money.

PS. What is Nigel wearing on his head LOL

Old 09-24-2013, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingers View Post
Great Review - Great pictures, good to hear you considered the VIP experience value for money.

PS. What is Nigel wearing on his head LOL
Nigel is wearing a Cheesehead...the show was in Wisconsin, and that's a popular piece of headware over there Wisconsin is one of the biggest cheese producing states in the country, so it's kind of a symbol over there.

Being from Minnesota, I can't really condone the wearing of cheese on one's head! From what Nigel told us during the VIP event, he said his wife had requested a Cheesehead...not really sure why, maybe she'll have to explain herself!
Old 09-24-2013, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsaxonfan View Post
Nigel is wearing a Cheesehead...the show was in Wisconsin, and that's a popular piece of headware over there Wisconsin is one of the biggest cheese producing states in the country, so it's kind of a symbol over there.

Being from Minnesota, I can't really condone the wearing of cheese on one's head! From what Nigel told us during the VIP event, he said his wife had requested a Cheesehead...not really sure why, maybe she'll have to explain herself!
Ha ha that makes sense - Good one

Old 09-24-2013, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsaxonfan View Post

A friend coming to the asked if they could bring Nigel anything. As the gig was in Wisconsin I knew the hat would get a good response from the fans, which Nigel says it did. Plus it ties in with his love of all things silly.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caflyergirl View Post
A friend coming to the asked if they could bring Nigel anything. As the gig was in Wisconsin I knew the hat would get a good response from the fans, which Nigel says it did. Plus it ties in with his love of all things silly.
Nigel did really seem to get a kick out of it, that's for sure!
Old 09-25-2013, 03:34 AM

that's a great picture of you with the guys