Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Gig Reviews
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2013, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caflyergirl View Post
A friend coming to the asked if they could bring Nigel anything. As the gig was in Wisconsin I knew the hat would get a good response from the fans, which Nigel says it did. Plus it ties in with his love of all things silly.
LOL Very good

THEY WERE BORN TO ROCK AND ROLL
Old 09-25-2013, 08:04 PM

The gig sunday night at The Rave was FANTASTIC!!! Biff and the boys were in TOP FORM!

This was my first time seeing Saxon since 2000, approximately two weeks prior to the birth of my first (and only) son (who's 12th birthday is thursday Happy Birthday Keaton!!!).

I was thrilled to learn when I got down to the venue that the show had been moved from the Rave Basement to The Rave, as this let me know that there were going to be a decent amount of people! (basement capacity is maybe 300; The Rave is around 1,000). My best estimate is that there were 600 people, which I think is GREAT for a sunday night!

As mnsaxonfan mentioned, Biff seemed really happy with the crowd size and energy. I'm not sure how many songs Saxon are playing in each city, but we got 18 songs, which was cool. I won't reveal the entire setlist, but it was very cool to hear some hidden gems like "Rock N Roll Gypsy" and "20,000 Feet" and I'm was thrilled to hear my all-time favorite song (hard to pick just one but if I have to, this is it), "The Eagle Has Landed".

The band was really tight (as expected) and Biff still sounds AMAZING for 62?

It was a true concert highlight, and reminds me (and I'm sure others) of what the spirit of HEAVY METAL is all about! I had a great time hanging out with old and new friends and singing along to all the fantastic Saxon songs. It was also nice that Saxon played my 5 favorite songs from the new cd.

Anyhow, Saxon, thanks for always filling my head with HEAVY METAL THUNDER!!! If you make it back to the USA/midwest/Wisconsin, I will most definitely be there! Up the Irons and Defend the Faith! \m/
Old 09-25-2013, 08:38 PM

I had a chance to talk to Biff after the Waterloo concert last night and I asked him if he had heard what the attendance was at The Rave, he said he was told 700, so your estimate was pretty good! I'm not sure how the rest of this North American tour is going, but I would assume that'll be one of the biggest crowds, and probably the loudest one as well.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:33 AM

700...even better!
How was the crowd in Waterloo? Did they change the setlist? Play same/more/less songs?

Biff is one guy I'd love to talk heavy metal with. Would love to see a Judas Priest/Saxon USA tour next summer. (i know it won't happen because Saxon needs to tour Europe in summer)
Old 09-28-2013, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manowar View Post
700...even better!
How was the crowd in Waterloo? Did they change the setlist? Play same/more/less songs?

Biff is one guy I'd love to talk heavy metal with. Would love to see a Judas Priest/Saxon USA tour next summer. (i know it won't happen because Saxon needs to tour Europe in summer)
The set was slightly different, I started a Waterloo review thread that has a link to the set for that show. There might have been 150-200 people in Waterloo.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:32 PM

Thanks for all the reviews. I love reading about the US shows. It does't matter if they play to 20,000 or 200' Saxon always give it their best.
Old 07-02-2015, 01:19 AM

Great show that's for sure!
They played my all time favorite Saxon song (The Eagle Has Landed) as well as my fav off the new album (Night Of The Wolf).
Most excellent show.