Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Gig Reviews
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2008, 12:46 PM

Has this guy really been there and seen Saxon live?? Or has he been at the bar drinking bleach-cola or whatever he drinks, telling the girls around he's a journalist for Kerrap?
If he's attended the show, then the shit's inside his head for trying to attract attention this way, and crap is Kerrap (lol) for letting this kind of people freely spread their biassed opinions.

I'm not angry as a Saxon fan, but as someone finding people (who have the chance to write or talk in public, creating an opinion) allowing themselves to give slanted and gratuitous opinions just to attract attention or do harm.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:58 PM

i think kerrap are digging themselves deeper into the shit by allowing arseholes like him to do reviews, its obvious someone at kerrap has someting against SAXON who are without a doubt one of the greatest bands of all time and still on top after all these years, i say fuck you kerrap i would only ever buy your magazine if it had a big SAXON section ,and it would have to be good, other than that your fucked. i bet you would be licking arse if SAXON got huge in uk to get them into kerrap.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:12 PM

Read this today.

Then followed the link on the Saxon home page to the Kerrang Poll and voted for Saxon in as many relevant catagories as possible. Also voted for Mr W@nkwood as the "Villian of 2008".

I'VE SAID IT BEFORE AND WILL SAY IT AGAIN "IF IT WASN'T FOR BANDS LIKE SAXON THERE WOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN A KERRAP MAGAZINE"

THEY WERE BORN TO ROCK AND ROLL
Old 12-04-2008, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingers View Post
and voted for Saxon in as many relevant catagories as possible. Also voted for Mr W@nkwood as the "Villian of 2008
Great idea, I have just voted Saxon as best band.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:52 PM

I think its really down to who does the review, and in this case it was a complete cunt.
Lionheart, released way before the goldsmith era, got a great review and 4Ks
Old 12-04-2008, 06:42 PM
Banned

I remember when Kerrang first came out and it was a decent magazine and practically England's only source of metal news.

However since the mid 90's it has gone down the toilet and as other members have pointed out is commonly known as kerrap.

Most of the journalists are 30 something year old, middle class, trendy leftys who are trying to be "right on", "hip" and "with it" and saying shit like Green Day,the Killers, Snow Patrol and Maroon 7 and the best bands since The Beatles.

No self respecting musician takes kerrap seriously.

I'll stick to Classic Rock magazine
Old 12-04-2008, 08:41 PM

Yeah, but Kerrang declared My Chemical Romance the greatest band of last year.

Hahahahahahahhahahahahaa, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA, *breathe* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA.

Seriously, I wouldn't even line the cats shitter tray with that rag.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:32 PM

Default i echo

after 28 years of buying that shit mag,i have stopped buying, saxon helped in the early days to build that mag,and this how they are treated, a band who
my humble opinion,the greatest band, best wishes to all members,merry xmas.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to Live to rock 747

sorrys guys i put this thread in the wrong place orignally. now in the right section.constructive crit is fine nowt wrong in that, But what ian winwood wrote in kerranshit mag is the lowest of the low. of saxon at the hammer A.

Mr winwood you remind me of x jurno from kerranshit mag mr chris watts who used to write the same bollocks of what u have just wrote.

The good points of being a jorno is to write constructive crit need be of a band. you have just gone in there even before seeing them in the intention of just to slag saxon of, Mr winwood your eyes and ears are firmrly wedge up your arse big time. You are a first class prick. I surgest kerranshit sack you before you take there mag any further down then what it is.

P.s kerranshit please print in your next edition a full size pic of mr ian winwood so the next time i go to the shitter i can youse it to wipe my arse on.

yours faithfully.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:03 PM

What have they said???
I cant find the article on the Web.