Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Smalltalk & Spam
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2011, 07:18 PM

Default Ferrocene

Hello All,

As some of you might know I am in a band. Over the last few months things have changed a bit with new members, a 'different' sound and the start of writing originals as well as performing covers. We decided therefore to have a fresh start. As you can see from the title of the thread, the new band name is FERROCENE (A Metal Based Flammable Lubricant) if anyone is interested!!

You can blame our Bass Player if you don't like it as the name was his idea . We have been living with it for a few weeks now and it does grow on you (I hope).

We aren't looking for World Domination, just having a good time.

Our first 3 gigs have been confirmed to test everything out, these are

RAF Waddington 21st July
RAF Coningsby 3rd August
RAF Odiham 10th August

More 'regular' Pub and Club Gigs will hopefully be announced over the next few weeks and we are looking to have a demo finished by September/ October.

Thanks for reading
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Logo.jpg (20.1 KB, 8 views)
Old 07-08-2011, 07:37 PM

i think the battel of briton flyt is based at r.a.f coningsby My dad work on them when i was a kid in the 70s. Good luck with the gig.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:12 PM

Default Um gigs their are

Good luck with the coming gigs. Are they going to be your first ever gigs? or just the first in this band?

Let us know when you've some footage on youtube or something.

ps, hope you do some Saxon covers mind o'l But !
Old 07-08-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slug View Post
i think the battel of briton flyt is based at r.a.f coningsby My dad work on them when i was a kid in the 70s. Good luck with the gig.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spandex'd Beefheart View Post
Good luck with the coming gigs. Are they going to be your first ever gigs? or just the first in this band?

Let us know when you've some footage on youtube or something.

ps, hope you do some Saxon covers mind o'l But !
Thanks guys

Yes Slug 'Battle of Britain' is at Coningsby. All but me in the band are Forces, hence why we've got these gigs.

And no Spandex'd we have gigged before but not with this vocalist/ guitarist and I've been drumming in bands for over 25 years . If Fingers doesn't mind me saying we would have supported GHOAD in September but unfortunately our Bass Player is on Honeymoon so we couldn't do it. Hoping to resolve that one soon though (Fingers )
Old 07-08-2011, 10:03 PM

you should ask them if you can use the lancaster for a for a few photo shot's it would make a wicked back drop or album cover.
Old 07-09-2011, 04:00 PM

Good luck mate, what sort of music do you play, obviously rock but I mean what type?
Old 07-09-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMetallica View Post
Good luck mate, what sort of music do you play, obviously rock but I mean what type?
Well, when I first joined the covers were much more in an American 80's vein i.e Dokken, Kiss, Skid Row etc and we had a female vocalist. Whilst some of those are still there we have gradually added heavier and more traditional sounding stuff such as Diamond Head, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Megadeth and Anthrax, we have a new male vocalist and as such we have down tuned and it all sounds a bit more menacing. It's good to have a variety of covers though because we try and cater the setlists depending on our audience + it keeps things fresh for us
As for originals it's going to be interesting because we all listen to a wide variety of Rock and Metal and the ideas that are coming in from people are a real mix of styles. The challenge therefore is to come up with stuff that mixes it up but doesn't sound like 3 different bands playing at once.

At my age though I'm just still glad to be playing and enjoying it
Old 07-10-2011, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747rick View Post
Well, when I first joined the covers were much more in an American 80's vein i.e Dokken, Kiss, Skid Row etc and we had a female vocalist. Whilst some of those are still there we have gradually added heavier and more traditional sounding stuff such as Diamond Head, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Megadeth and Anthrax, we have a new male vocalist and as such we have down tuned and it all sounds a bit more menacing. It's good to have a variety of covers though because we try and cater the setlists depending on our audience + it keeps things fresh for us
As for originals it's going to be interesting because we all listen to a wide variety of Rock and Metal and the ideas that are coming in from people are a real mix of styles. The challenge therefore is to come up with stuff that mixes it up but doesn't sound like 3 different bands playing at once.

At my age though I'm just still glad to be playing and enjoying it
Sounds good Love Kiss and the heavier stuff to, If you end up playing places near me I will come watch
Old 07-10-2011, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMetallica View Post
Sounds good Love Kiss and the heavier stuff to, If you end up playing places near me I will come watch
Cheers Matt. Working on 'Seek and Destroy' next
Old 07-12-2011, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747rick View Post
Cheers Matt. Working on 'Seek and Destroy' next
Killer end of the night anthem!