Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Saxon General
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2010, 03:42 AM

Watched it again today, the mistake I thought I saw wasn't - I missheard the commentary.

However the other thing which I thought was wrong, is disputable, but wrong.

Biff comments on the sacking of Graham Oliver that he received an email from his lawyer... (1995)

Now without sounding like a nerdy [Nerd On/] computer type... The only type of email back then was via a BBS (Bulletin Board) and email would be passed round the world via Sysops (systems operators) nightly. Windows 95 contained one of the first browsers ie (IE)((Internet Explorer) and there wasn't really an online email provider at that time.

Whilst there is a chance that it happened, from reading Biffs biography and the finances within the band at that time, it was probably a fax... not an email.

[Nerd Off/]
Old 06-13-2010, 04:40 AM

Just finished watching the movie, great great work Coolhead! And like the rest of you, I made sure to watch for my name during the end credits

Thanks for the great work to everyone at Coolhead!

Last edited by mnsaxonfan; 06-13-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:31 AM

Got mine last Thursday. Great dvd.

It is kind of a proud moment to see your name passing by in the credits of such a nice DVD.

Coolhead thanks for the brilliant DVD. And all off the other Saxon fans thank for making the DVD possible.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:00 PM

Default Interview with Movie Makers

Download 2010 interview with the Movie Makers Craig and Quiet Brian on Rock Radio.

http://www.rockradio.co.uk/player/li...m/listen-1600/
Old 06-13-2010, 11:03 PM

ive had my dvd just over a week now and here are my thoughts on a few things, i hate to criticise my favorite band but here goes , the st georges show from 2008 is great what there is of it,,its about 7 songs short and that has pissed me off hugely as if it was the complete show as we were promised , also nigels bass drums are not sounding as ferocous as like on the switzerland concert from to hell and back again dvd, we need monster sound next time please, everything else fine on concert though. i was at that show and it was a killer but im so pissed off its not complete, someone said on here a while ago it seems as if saxon cant release a full concert on dvd and its looking that way unfortunatley
Old 06-14-2010, 10:19 AM

Not seen the concerts yet, but watched the documentary, it is vey good to hear all sides of SAXON stories, i thought "Dobby" was really funny in places especially the antics on the Motorhead tour, now all we need is some more live stuff from (maybe this year's festivals) que........COOLHEAD.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:27 AM

great to see saxon on uk dvd chart at no. 6! and it's all this special limited edition which can't be found in cd shops (plus normal release isn't out yet) so it's even bigger success. how many copies of this special limited edition has been sold by now? anyone? coolhead? and how many copies were printed of this special edition?
So grey is the face of every mortal
Old 06-14-2010, 03:28 PM

According to an interview I saw on here Coolhead have said that there's still roughly 3000 copies left to be ordered. As to how many they've sold I haven't seen that info.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to Live to rock 747

Got my signed copy of the DVD on saturday, Disc 1, its funny in parts and informative, good job well done coolhead and well worth the wait.

This Also goes for most of Disc 2, When i say most of i can only find one thing wrong with this DVD and its been mentioned allready by another forum member and thats the St. Georges day concert 2008. I never got the chance to go and see this concert and when i saw the setlist for it which includes 2 of my fav saxon tracks State of Grace, and Lionheart, i thought well cool cant wait to see exp looking forward to those two tracks, but nope not included on this dvd.

Im sure coolhead said that this concert footage would be the full concert on the DVD but its missing several tracks, which i gotta be honest a big disappointment, cause of the missing tracks.

Now i got that bit out of the way overall i Love this DVD, and im glad i pre ordered it. 8/10. I would have given it a full 10 if it wernt for the above mentioned.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:00 PM

I agree with legions of steel about the st georges day show being too short ,it really needed to be the whole set played that night also the double bass drums, and its a pity some of the other drummers like fritz and joerg werent interviewed too, as for pete gill well waste of space. i was at that show and it was amazing , i only hope saxon release the wacken shows plus any others in full for the fans to enjoy, come on guys it cant be that difficult. but i think the whole dvd is great otherwise.

Tags
heavy, metal, movie, thunder