Official Saxon Forum

Go Back   Official Saxon Forum > Gig Reviews
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2007, 01:19 PM

Unhappy 21.03.2007 Pratteln

Hi All!

on wednesday Saxon played in the Z7 in Switzerland. Actually Saxon was very good, very motivated. The sound was excellent! Thanx for that! ..allthough Biff was making jokes about the low noise (100db) which was shown by a digital measuring device on the wall. To Biff: I`m glad that your technician didn`t listen to you and that he didn`t start to mess with the very good sound at this point ;-)

I saw SAXOn last year in Belgium and it was quite the opposite: the Sound in Hof ter lo was the worst my metal head ears ever had to stand. However the croud in Belgium made a fantastic evening anyway.

That`s my main point here: I`m surprised and dissapointed that the swiss crouwd was very calm and didn`t let them animate at all. Saxon was in good mood and tried everything to make Pratteln wake up, but it didn`t really work. I had the impression, even Biff was surprised by this passiveness.

cheers!
Old 03-23-2007, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
That`s my main point here: I`m surprised and dissapointed that the swiss crouwd was very calm and didn`t let them animate at all. Saxon was in good mood and tried everything to make Pratteln wake up, but it didn`t really work. I had the impression, even Biff was surprised by this passiveness.

cheers!
I've seen a few gigs at Z7 in Pratteln before and it has always rocked - so must have been a one off night and an anti-climax for the band. However, nothing can compare with the the atmosphere at a Saxon gig in Germany where everyone goes crazy !!!

Strange venue in the middle of an industrial estate, but as you say, Gonzo - the sound is always good at Z7.

Cheers,

Goss.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOSS View Post
nothing can compare with the the atmosphere at a Saxon gig in Germany where everyone goes crazy !!!
youŽll be here again soon

A LIFE WITHOUT MEMORIES IS NO LIFE
MUSIC WITHOUT MEMORIES IS NO MUSIC
MEMORIES WITHOUT MUSIC IS NO LIFE

- TAKE CARE: BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU -
I WILL REMEMBER !!!